Thread: Post-workout Date Treat! maybe paleo, idk? page

samira is offline Member

Post-workout Date Treat! maybe paleo, idk?

Iím Persian and grew up eating dates with my daily tea. Not sure if the following recipe is paleo, please let me know. It is gooey and delish!

INGREDIENTS:
    6 plump dates (put them in fridge night before to make slicing them less sticky)
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
    6 raw unsalted almonds coarsely chopped/grinded in a blender
    Ĺ teaspoon of coconut oil
    2 tablespoon of grated coconut or dry coconut shreds (optional)
    Ĺ teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
    dash of sea salt

WHAT YOU NEED: medium sized mixing bowl, cutting board, tupperware for storage.

PREPARE:

In a mixing bowl add almonds, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt. Mix them up.

-add in sliced dates then with your hands, (or if you have a magic bullet use that, I donít), mash the dates into the ingredients.

-Itís a bit labor intensive, but make sure the almonds, cinnamon, cocoa and dates are mashed well then add the coconut oil and mash that in as well.

-Spray your cutting board with cooking oil then take your sticky mess and flatten it enough to make 24 tiny date rolls to enjoy post workout.

-Once youíre done, place your dates in a large tupperware container and sprinkle the grated coconut on it. Yum!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Gosh! Not a thing un-Paleo as far as I can see. As a diabetic I wd. simply figure it in or use it post or pre-workout. I have some dates in the house so since you took the time to post, and it sounds good anyway, I think I'll try it. Thank you.

samira is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Let me know how you like it!! in real life no one likes my recipes cause they are too healthly so when I saw this thread I got excited .

Maybe if you add more coconut it'll be less sugary? I'm not sure, I'm pretty ignorant on diabetes.