Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can under eating stall fat loss? page

benny687 is offline Junior Member

Can under eating stall fat loss?

Primal Fuel
    Is there any research or evidence/general musings on this?

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't argue against it. I have lost 48 lbs (274 to 226) in 30ish weeks and I have had some hellacious plateaus the last 6 weeks or so. Sometimes I fast and lose weight, sometimes I eat a lot and lose weight, sometimes I fast and don't lose weight. Sometimes I eat normally and gain weight. I'm not sure WTH is going on. I'm definitely not through losing fat. Have at least 20 or so lbs to go.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Under eating can cause micro nutrient deficiencies of various kinds. Mark did a write up on some deficiencies recently.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    IMO it can if it creates micronutrient deficiencies and/or suppresses energy levels to the extent that daily activity declines significantly. This is most likely to occur for someone who isn't far off a healthy weight - i.e. someone who is moderately overweight or moderately overfat rather than obese.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benny687 View Post
    From what I understand, yes it can. It usually happens when people are doing huge amounts of cardio and eating at anorexic levels though. It completely throws hormones out of wack. If you ever see some people on the biggest loser that are very overweight and barely lose any weight when you know they aren't eating shit and exercising like crazy every day, this is what is happening.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I've seen it in my own life. It was the middle of summer (in the desert) when I started eating Primal. Between drinking a crap ton of water and not having sugar cravings, I just wasn't hungry at all. My weight loss just stopped until I started making myself eat a little bit more. Then it started back up again.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jakey is offline Senior Member

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Undereating can make you feel pretty crappy and is not sustainable for most people!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    This is the article that I read when I decided to not worry about what I ate while we were out of town visiting relatives over the weekend. I had been trying to increase my calories, and thanks to butter, ghee, and CO, I have been somewhat. So anyways, I ate about 3000 calories Saturday, about 1700 Sunday, and Monday morning showed a weight gain (which I knew I would cuz we had Chinese) but I had planned to do the fasting thing, and now a few days later, I dropped 3 lbs which is even lower than I was before the gain on Monday.

So I mixed up several things, so I can't pin point it to any one particular thing, but it seems to help when I can bump up the calories.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benny687 View Post
    Fat Head Fat Mice And The Laws of Thermodynamics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast