Thread: TinGirl's Primal Journal page

Tingirl is offline Junior Member

TinGirl's Primal Journal

Last night I attended the Primal Life Seminar with Brad Kearns in Philadelphia. Drove straight from there to Whole Foods, but it was closed. Made a very fast run through Whole Foods this morning on my way to the office, so my first day is a bit odd b/c I'm not as fully prepared as I probably should have been. Here's how it's going so far:

Day 1 - Breakfast: Whole Foods egg and cheddar cheese frittata with sausage.

Lunch: salad - lettuce, grape tomatoes, bacon, turkey with olive oil and blue cheese dressing.

Snacks: macadamia nuts, 85% dark chocolate.

It's 3:30 in the afternoon and I'm really hungry. Looking forward to a big grass-fed sirloin burger with a big pile of green beans for dinner after work.
    Last edited by Tingirl; 05-04-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Day 2: Breakfast - scrambled eggs with colby cheese.
    Lunch - ground sirloin (grass fed) with plum tomato sauce (no sugar, home made), onions and basil.
    Snack- macadamia nuts

Today was much easier than yesterday in terms of hunger. I was still hungrier than I'd like to be, but not as hungry as I was yesterday. Got a good nights sleep and am heading home for a big salad with tuna. Foregoing dinner out with friends, because they're heading for a pizza place and I don't want to be tempted to stray so soon! Movies afterward and I'm bringing some dark chocolate and a bottle of water to satisfy any snacking need and avoid the temptation of the sugary snack bar.

No "carb flu" so far, phew! Planning to start the workouts this weekend - lifting tomorrow and a walk/jog or bike ride on Sunday.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 5: Try to stay away from the computer on the weekends, but I did continue following the blueprint successfully all weekend. While I was very hungry on Thursday and Friday, that resolved itself by Saturday. I really only ate two meals on Sat. and two on Sun. Successfully went to the movies without indulging in popcorn or candy (I did have some 85% dark chocolate with me and nibbled on that during the movie).

One interesting thing has happened as a result of starting the 21 day transition. On Sat. night, I found myself puttering around the kitchen doing after dinner clean up. Next thing I knew, I was taking the toaster out of the kitchend, wiping it down and putting it in storage in the basement, which led to some newly opened counter space and a rearranging of the kitchen counters, cleaning out of cabinets, etc. My kitchen looks great now and there's no toaster staring me in the face, daring me to get some bread!

Oh, and I'm down about 2 lbs since Thursday.