Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Metric's BP Journal ~ page 6

Metric is offline Senior Member

1 June 12, PB Day 32

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    During IF: 1230 hrs
    Fazenda Camocim Caffe Artigiano Organic Espresso, brewed in a Moka Pot, with organic whole milk.

Meal #1: 1900 hrs (Primal dinner made for parents-in-law)
    Grilled grass-fed beef strip loin, served with grilled asparagus with drizzled olive oil and 1/3 organic cucumber served with water and a glass of dry red wine. For dessert, organic strawberries with 10% cream.
    (forgot to take pictures)

Meal #2: 0000 hrs
    Grass-fed round roast fried in butter, four organic pasture eggs fried in butter, topped with homemade ketchup, 1/3 organic cucumber, whole avocado, served with red wine and water.

Attachment 7702

2 June 12, PB Day 33

During IF: 1230 hrs
    Organic coffee with organic cream.

Meal #1: 1745 hrs (The Smoque Shack)
    Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Pork ribs with vinegar based coleslaw and served with water.

Meal#2: 2330 hrs
    Grass-fed roast fried in butter, 5 organic pasture eggs fried in butter with homemade ketchup, whole avocado and 1/3 organic cucumber, served with a glass of dry red wine and water.
    Attachment 7706

Exercise: 2 x 1 hour walks.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.

3 June 12, PB Day 34

During IF: 0600 hrs
    Organic coffee with organic cream.

Exercise:
    0545 hrs: 45 minute walk to work
    1900 hrs: 45 minute walk home

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
    Grass-Fed beef roast, 3 hard-boiled organic pasture eggs, 1/2 organic cucumber and 1 whole avocado, served with water. Lots of pepper on everything. I'm at work and I forgot to bring my Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper

Attachment 7716

Meal #2: 2130 hrs
    Grass-fed beef roast mixed with 1 strip of bacon and reheated in bacon fat, 2 organic pasture eggs cooked in butter, organic asparagus cooked in butter, served with water. Dessert: organic blueberries with organic 10% cream.

Attachment 7717
    Attachment 7718
    Last edited by Metric; 06-03-2012 at 06:57 PM.

4 June 12, PB Day 35

During IF: 0600 hrs
    Organic Nicaraguan coffee with cream.

Exercise:
    0550 hrs: 45 minute walk to work
    1915 hrs: 45 minute walk home

Meal #1: 1515 hrs
    Grass-fed roast beef and 1 strip of bacon reheated in bacon fat, 2 whole organic pasture eggs fried in butter, 1/2 organic cucumber, served with water. (Such a good meal!!)

Attachment 7725

Meal #2: 2330 hrs
    Pasture smoked pork chop, grilled organic asparagus (cooked in pan with fat from pork chop), served with water. Dessert: organic blueberries in organic 10% cream.

Attachment 7732

Attachment 7733

All my food was delicious today. YUMMY!! The roast beef and smoked pork-chops were AMAZING! I think we need to pick up more of the smoked pork chops next week!!
    Last edited by Metric; 06-05-2012 at 11:23 PM.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Where do you get the time for all of this?! Your other half must love how much you are making! (BTW has the other half gone paleo with you? If so what differences is he seeing?)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

en2ec is offline Senior Member
    I just found your journal. You should think about linking to it in your signature. You've made tons of progress in a short time. Definitely an inspiration. I also like the idea of documenting meals through photos.

I've been having strawberries, but by themselves. The cream looks YUMMY. I'm off dairy, at least for my first 30 days on primal, so I think I'll try some tonight with coconut milk. I envy your farmer's market. We have markets here, but they aren't farmer's markets like in Canada and the US -- everything is brought in from who knows where.

By the way, Ottawa is a great city. I have a cousin who is from Ottawa. I've only been a couple of times, but it seems like a very livable place (except for the winter!).

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Where do you get the time for all of this?! Your other half must love how much you are making! (BTW has the other half gone paleo with you? If so what differences is he seeing?)
    I generally prep my lunches the night before (if I'm working the next day). I like making roasts because the meat is cooked for a few days in a row, just prep in by pan frying it the night before. Super easy, so long as you take the time to do it

DH has not really gone paleo. He still eats bread and sweets, but not nearly as much since I don't buy it. If he wants it, he has to go buy it himself. I do all of the cooking and make doubles, so he generally eats primal for lunch and dinner. If he doesn't bring his lunch (like today - which benefits me cause I'm eating it again during my overnight shift tonight - Yum - smoked pork-chop), then he eats whatever he wants. I'm not sure if he's noticed anything though, cause he's probably eating bread products for breakfast. So yes a bit, but not by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by en2ec View Post
    I just found your journal. You should think about linking to it in your signature. You've made tons of progress in a short time. Definitely an inspiration. I also like the idea of documenting meals through photos.

I've been having strawberries, but by themselves. The cream looks YUMMY. I'm off dairy, at least for my first 30 days on primal, so I think I'll try some tonight with coconut milk. I envy your farmer's market. We have markets here, but they aren't farmer's markets like in Canada and the US -- everything is brought in from who knows where.

By the way, Ottawa is a great city. I have a cousin who is from Ottawa. I've only been a couple of times, but it seems like a very livable place (except for the winter!).
    Hey, I will include it in my signature. Didn't even think about doing that.... thanks for the idea. I'm also loving the photo journalism for my meals. They look more appetizing in pictures than what one would picture from what I write.

- Ottawa is nice. Some good things, some not so good things (like any city really). The farmer's market is great though. I AGREE!! Winter SUCKS in Ottawa, if you don't do winter things like skiing, snowboarding (which I do not). Summers get really humid and there are lots of thunder storms (which my dog isn't fond of). Springs/Fall is super nice generally. Sometimes cool but very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by pieral12 View Post
    My lower body is always the last to lose weight (unfortunately)... so until I lose more fat and tighten my leg muscles, I won't be comfortably fitting into jeans Oh well, something to aim for!!
    Yup, same here. I did lose a couple inches on my legs and feel like they are getting slightly more firm with all the walking I've been doing. But yeah, same problem.

5 June 12, PB Day 36

During IF: 1750 hrs
    Organic Nicaraguan Iced Coffee with Organic cream.

Exercise:
    1745 hrs: 45 minute walk to work
    3 x 20 Air Squats

Meal #1: 2130 hrs
    Pasture smoked pork chop, grilled organic asparagus (cooked in pan with fat from pork chop), served with water.

Attachment 7743

This is all I ate today. Was not hungry. I slept until 1600 hrs (working an overnight shift starting at 1900 hrs until 0700 hrs). Didn't eat my first meal until 2130 hrs. It's now 6am, 6 June 12. I work for 1 more hour then walk home. Maybe I'll get hungry by the time I get home.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-06-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast