Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Metric's BP Journal ~ page 4

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think it looks really good! I like that you like to have fun with your food too! Paleo/Primal is a great time to drive creativity in the kitchen. (I've gotta make the cucumber wrapped tuna sometime!)

BTW remembered why I stopped doing the airsquats... :P 3? days later and my legs are still hurtin. Just means I gotta keep doing it so that I can build up the strength. Have you had luck yet?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Metric is offline Senior Member

24 May 12, PB Day 24

During IF: 1230 hrs
    Coffee with non-homogenized organic whole milk

Meal #1: 1630 hrs
    Mixed greens, grilled asparagus, smoked pork chop, 2 whole eggs, onion, carrot, 1/2 of an avocado, 1/2oz of 3yr old cheddar, 1 strip bacon and homemade caesar dressing served with water.

Attachment 7594

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
    Brussel sprouts sauteed in a tbsp of duck fat with 1/2 bacon strip, grass-fed striploin and 1/2 avocado served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Attachment 7601

Meal#3: 2200 hrs
    Organic strawberries with organic heavy cream. OMG, Yum!!!!!!!!

Attachment 7603
    Last edited by Metric; 05-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.

25 May 12, PB Day 25

During IF: 1200 hrs
    Iced coffee with cream

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
    Grilled perch with skin, cucumber and asparagus with avocado oil served with water.

Attachment 7610

Meal #2: 1900 hrs
    Mixed salad greens, ground pork with chipotle pepper, 2 whole eggs, cucumber, 1 slice bacon, homemade thousand island dressing served with a glass of dry red wine and water.

Attachment 7611
    Last edited by Metric; 05-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.

So you never talk about yourself. What you do for a living or what your day is like or anything. I'm curious! I guess I'm just used to the other journals I frequent going deep into the day and conversation and whatnot.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Hey,

So, a bit about me. My name is Jennifer. I live with my common-law husband of almost 11 years. We have a 6.5 year old dog (see picture below). I work as an emergency services dispatcher, working shift work (12 hour shifts - day and overnight, I work 4 shifts consecutively then have 4 off). On my days off (weekdays), I take my dog to the off-leash park for 2 to 4 hours to play with his doggie friends, do photography, lots of walking with my dog, go to coffee shops and do some reading, go to the gym, do cleaning, etc. On my days off (weekend), my DH and I go to the Farmer's Market, out for dinner, movies, visit my sister and nephew, visit my in-laws, go for walks, watch tv shows, enjoy good wine and coffee, etc. Love to travel and enjoy good music. I am a foodie, which sometimes makes Primal a bit harder. Really, I don't have a very exciting life. I like things to be quiet and peaceful on my days off to balance off the high-stress at work. BORING... I know. Plus, I suck at writing. I'm more of a state the facts, and that's it. So, not a very good writer. Hence the boring blog. It's mostly here to help keep me on track.

Riley at the dog park (taken 24 May 12):

Before playing:
    Attachment 7613

After playing:
    Attachment 7612

Only exciting thing that happened today was that I bought my second pair of VFF's. I'm currently sitting watching tv and enjoying a terrific glass of wine. YUM!!! Today was super hot here in Ottawa so Riley and I didn't get a chance to go to the dog park We just had a massive thunderstorm and the poor little guy is too afraid to come out of the washroom (the only room without a window). Now that it's nicer out and a bit cooler, I'm going to take him out for a walk.

Tomorrow I'm going to our friends wedding later in the day. Hopefully I'll still be able to stick to mostly primal. We shall see...
    Last edited by Metric; 05-25-2012 at 05:58 PM.

I don't think your journal is boring at all! I love coming to check it every day! A foodie having a hard time on paleo? Have you checked out thefoodee.com? It's all paleo/primal/whole30 recipes ... Essentially to say it's all safe and delicious. New recipe every day!!

You sound like you've got it all though. Nice place to love, cool job, someone to love, and an active lifestyle enhanced by a pet who keeps you active! All in all it sounds like you've definitely got yourself to an outstanding start in life!

26 May 12, PB Day 26

So, I went to a wedding yesterday. All in all, I did pretty well I think. Wasn't very hard to stick to primal. Meat was unlikely grass fed and veggies were unlikely organic, but still easy for me to eat primal.

Meal #1: 1430 hrs
    5oz steak with caesar salad (no croutons) with a glass of red wine and water

Meal #2: 1830 hrs (wedding)
    Course 1: Butter squash soup
    Course 2: Salad of mixed greens, cucumber, onion, carrots with a vidalia onion and poppy-seed dressing
    Course 3: Steak with mixed grilled veggies, carrots, zucchini, red pepper, snap peas (didn't eat the roasted potatoes)
    Course 4: Coffee with cream

Alcohol during the wedding, 3 glasses of red wine.

I'm not a dessert person, so not having that was easy. I also didn't partake in any of the carb-laden hors d'oeuvres or bread at dinner. Nor did I indulge in any late snacks that came out. I was still very satisfied. Felt great the entire night while others seemed to be somewhat in a food coma. Boy I'm happy I stuck to eating as primal as possible. Great night, lots of fun to be had.
    Last edited by Metric; 05-27-2012 at 01:43 PM.

27 May 12, PB Day 27

Meal #1: 0930 hrs (Breakfast at StoneFace Dolly's)
    Salad with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette and an omelet consisting of ham, cheddar cheese and mushrooms. Served with a coffee with cream. I just ate the salad and omelet, no house-made bread or potatoes.
    Attachment 7629

Meal #2: 1330 hrs
    Iced Kona coffee with cream. It was my supervisors birthday yesterday so we got him a Ice Cream cake (his favourite). I didn't eat any. A while back, I told my co-workers were told that I feel sick after I eat foods that cause a high insulin spike and they don't bug me about not having the crap foods at all. I had my ice coffee while they had their dessert. We were all happy

Meal #3: 2100 hrs (Oz Cafe)
    Mixed greens and arugula with roasted asparagus, roasted ramps, goat cheese with a rhubarb vinaigrette. Grilled bison. Roasted halibut cheeks and pulled pork in stock hotpot. Grilled beef, vinegar based coleslaw and cos lettuce. Glass of Touriga Nacional red wine.

Meal #4: 2200 hrs
    Organic strawberries with organic cream. I think this is my new favourite dessert!
    Attachment 7630
    Last edited by Metric; 05-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.

28 May 12, PB Day 28

During IF: 1300 hrs
    Algonquin Dark roast organic coffee, siphon brewed, with organic non-homogenized whole milk.
    Attachment 7636

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
    Smoked loin chop slices, 4 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon grease mixed with 1 tsp cream cheese and homemade ketchup, 1/2 cucumber served with water.
    Attachment 7635

Meal #2: 1745 hrs
    Iced Reserve Organic Sidamo coffee, Clover brewed, with organic cream. Drank it during my 45 minute walk to work. Yummy!
    Attachment 7651

Meal #3: 2300 hrs
    Mixed organic greens, grass-fed ground beef mixed with onions, garlic, mix of spices to make Indian curry spice mix, coconut oil, red pepper flakes, organic cream cheese with Stonewall Kitchens champagne shallot walnut dressing.
    Last edited by Metric; 05-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Jenn! Just curious as to how you're feeling physically. noticed any changes in this first month?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast