Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Metric's BP Journal ~ page 3

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Your progress looks amazing already and I love that you are tackling this head on. A lot of people struggle to get started but you're clearly off to the races and have the numbers (quiet literally!) to prove it. Hitting "subscribe" on your thread now. I will definitely work hard to keep track of you .
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Hey! Your progress looks amazing already and I love that you are tackling this head on. A lot of people struggle to get started but you're clearly off to the races and have the numbers (quiet literally!) to prove it. Hitting "subscribe" on your thread now. I will definitely work hard to keep track of you .
    Thanks so much!! Very kind! I did hit the ground running. I'm sort of a all or nothing type person. The only thing left to include is to get back into strength training. I bought "Starting Strength" on my Kindle and am slowly making my way through it. I've always had a hard time with squats but I've watched some of the authors video's on YouTube to get the positioning right. I'm hoping that once I start doing this, I'll have more inches come off the lower body. Fat doesn't usually want to leave that area! We'll see! Thanks for the subscribe!!! Cheers!

Hey! Air squats are always good times! Just remember to stretch after. Keep one thing in mind with fat loss is that you can't "target" a certain part of your body. You can tighten but as far as actually shedding fat itself it'll happen all over at about the same pace. When you get the air squat down and you're really ready to take them on I always find air squats for time a fun workout. Pick a certain number (I usually do 100) then set a timer and try see how long it takes (with proper form) to get through them. 100 usually takes me 5 and a half minutes or so. Though It's been a few weeks since I've done this workout. Once you've set a number wait a week to heal (you'll feel it for a day or 2 but you need longer than that to recover) and try to beat your number.

And on my advice I probably should do it myself tonight as my workout before bed. Happy Victoria day!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Thanks for that. I actually really like that idea of timing the workout. Very smart! I'm working right now (overnight), but I am off for 4 days as of tomorrow morning. I'll hopefully be able to hit the gym tomorrow. My lower body is always the last to lose weight (unfortunately)... so until I lose more fat and tighten my leg muscles, I won't be comfortably fitting into jeans Oh well, something to aim for!!

Happy Victoria Day to you too!! Hopefully you enjoyed a beautiful day like we did here in Ottawa (it was f**king hot!)

It hit 30 degrees yesterday. Perfect weather! Today was 28 out. Absolutely gorgeous weekend to be out and about!

The timing this is VERY crossfit. It's one of their workout staples really. Believe it or not while I was still in my 300's I was a crossfitter. 3 times a week. Of course though I was eating the way a nutritionist taught me to so I was completely wasting my time. After having a car accident though (no injuries, except for to my wallet) I couldn't afford to go any more. One day soon I'd love to go back. Or to the boxing gym I was going to at the same time as CF. This time I know I can make progress.

(By the way I'm not sure if your user name is in reference to being awesomely Canadian but I love it either way!)

(By the way I'm not sure if your user name is in reference to being awesomely Canadian but I love it either way!)
    Actually, I was listening to the song Gimme Sympathy by Metric (Canadian band) at the time I was registering for MDA. If you don't know who they are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3-wZs64n4&ob=av2e
    Last edited by Metric; 05-21-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Hey! Yeah I've heard of metric! They were big within my college but I never felt overly drawn. The music is well constructed and the recording audio quality is some of the best around (don't mind me- I've got an audio background) but it's not my go to per say. I did really enjoy the track you posted so I may have to go back and give them another shot. It has after all been over 4 years since I was in school.

22 May 13, PB Day 22

Taking a cue from Ecks, I decided to photograph my meals. It'll make it more interesting instead of simply writing it down.

So, that being said:

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
    Two very large handfuls of mixed organic greens, 1/4 organic cucumber, 1 strip of organic bacon, 4 large organic eggs (scrambled and cooked in bacon grease), a little grated organic carrot, 1 tbsp feta, homemade Caesar dressing served with organic locally roasted coffee with non-homogenized organic whole milk and water. Was very yummy. Next time though, I don't think I'm going to scramble the eggs, will boil and chop them up instead.
    Attachment 7527

Meal #2: 2000 hrs
    Large serving of grilled asparagus with avocado oil, 3/4 avocado, a cheeseburger made with two Oopsie Rolls, grass-fed organic beef, raw organic onions, organic extra-old cheddar, 1 strip of bacon, sugar-free ketchup and dijon mustard served with a glass of dry red wine and water.
    Attachment 7530

Meal #3: 2200 hrs
    A cheeseburger made with two Oopsie Rolls, grass-fed organic beef, raw organic onions, organic extra-old cheddar, 1 strip of bacon, sugar-free ketchup and dijon mustard served with a glass of dry red wine and water.
    Last edited by Metric; 05-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Can I take you home so we can cook together?? Looks really good!!
    Last edited by ecks; 05-23-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can I take you home so we can cook together?? Looks really good!!
    Oh thank you!! I'm actually not that good of a cook, but not too bad I guess since the food is generally edible

Meal #1: 1800 hrs
    Raw Albacore tuna wrapped in cucumber (had 4 but 3 were eaten at the time of picture), 5oz grass-fed beef, mixed greens, 1 whole egg, prosciutto, feta and caramelized onion with sweet onion vinaigrette with a glass of dry red wine and water.
    Attachment 7560

Meal #2: 2300 hrs
    Mixed greens, ground bison, 2 whole eggs, 1 strip of bacon, 1/2 avocado, caramelized onion, feta cheese and homemade caesar dressing with water. This was a big salad. The photo doesn't show it but it's in a good sized serving bowl.
    Attachment 7573

I spent approximately 10 hours outside today. It was a beautiful day. I think I definitely got my vitamin D in today. I also went for a 1.5 hour walk with my dog. Hopefully it'll be another nice day tomorrow so that I can spend a lot of time outside again tomorrow. Great day overall.
    Last edited by Metric; 05-23-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast