Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Metric's BP Journal ~

21 June 12, PB Day 51

Shop Now
    Exercise:
    1700 hrs: 50 minute walk to work in 40 degree weather. Toe felt pretty good in my Vibrams. Barely noticed any soreness.

During IF:
    1700 hrs: Guatemalan iced coffee with cream.

Meal #1: 1400 hrs
    - 4 organic pasture, bacon and dill, deviled eggs.

Meal #2: 2200 hrs
    Mixed greens, red and green pepper, onions, cucumber, olives, grilled chicken, feta cheese with Lebanese dressing, served with water.

Attachment 8031
    Last edited by Metric; 06-22-2012 at 02:08 AM.

22 June 12, PB Day 52

During IF:
    0400 hrs: coffee with 35% organic cream.

Exercise:
    0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home after overnight shift.

Meal #1: 1530 hrs
    - 6 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, 1 strip of bacon, mixed greens with an olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing, served with water.

Meal #1.5: 1700 hrs
    - Iced Guatemalan coffee with cream and water.

Meal #2: 2200 hrs
    - organic pasture smoked pork chop cooked in bacon fat, 1/2 organic cucumber, served with water.

Attachment 8046
    Last edited by Metric; 06-22-2012 at 08:03 PM.

23 June 12, PB Day 53

Exercise:
    0700 hrs: 45 minute walk home after overnight shift.
    1225 hrs: 15 minute walk to Ribfest and then 15 minute walk back home.
    1545 hrs: 45 minute walk/play with my dog at the off-leash dog park and beach.

During IF:
    1225 hrs: Iced coffee with cream

Meal #1: 1330 hrs
    - 4 pork ribs at Ribfest with MDA member Patrick. Ribs were very good. I wasn't terribly hungry so just ate a couple, although I got a full-rack.

Meal #2: 1900 hrs
    - 3 pork ribs from Ribfest, 1 smoked pasture pork chop that was cooked in bacon fat, 1 organic pasture bacon and dill deviled egg, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with water. Dessert: 60 Belgian Callebaut 71.8% Couverture Callets.

Attachment 8062
    Last edited by Metric; 06-23-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Oh man, your food intake looks PERFECT. I really can't wait to go home. I'm tired of not eating my usual amazing farmer's market primal foods Also here's a "Hell's YEAH!" to your SIX eggs fried in bacon fat! Congrats to really taking primal eating by the horns, girl! Maybe I should up my egg intake... but I'm starting to get sick of them, since I rely so heavily on them.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

that looks delicious!

24 June 12, PB Day 54

Exercise:
    - 15 minutes pushing my nephew on the swing (not much of a workout, but extra movement nonetheless)
    - 30 minute very slow walking at the farmers market
    - 1 hour walking and play with my dog at the off-leash dog park/beach

Meal #1: 1600 hrs
    - 3 strips of bacon, 4 organic pasture eggs cooked in bacon fat, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with water.

Attachment 8111

Meal #2: 1930 hrs (Brothers Beer Bistro) *some non-primal food consumed*
    - 1 pierogie topped with a crisp chunk of confit pork cheek in a light Sauvagine cheese sauce (shared appetizer with 2 other people) (pictured in top left of restaurant ad below)
    - Steak frites with an aioli. Had about 15 frites total (best I have ever tasted). (pictured in top right of restaurant ad below)
    - Served with lots of water and a glass of Chianti red wine.

Attachment 8113

On a side note: my DH ate their Kichessipi fried chicken, corn bread waffle with malted honey and their house slaw, with a Maudite beer. (Food pictured bottom right and beer middle upper). We almost ate everything described in this advertisement.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-25-2012 at 03:35 PM.

25 June 12, PB Day 55

Exercise:
    1130 hrs: 2 hour walk with my dog

Meal #1: 1500 hrs
    4 strips of pasture bacon, 4 organic pasture eggs fried in bacon fat, 1/3 organic cucumber, served with 2 cups organic Kicking House Kick Ass coffee with organic whole un-homogenized milk and water.

Attachment 8114

Meal #2: 2100 hrs
    Grass-fed ground beef patty topped with local pepper jack cheddar, dijon mustard, homemade ketchup and homemade dill relish and vidalia onions, with a side organic mixed green salad and homemade ceasar dressing. Served with a glass of dry red wine and water. Dessert: 6 squares of Zazubean's Nakid 73% Dark Organic Chocolate with with cocoa nibs & vanilla. I couldn't stop it was SO GOOD!

Attachment 8120
    Last edited by Metric; 06-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
    Oh man, your food intake looks PERFECT. I really can't wait to go home. I'm tired of not eating my usual amazing farmer's market primal foods Also here's a "Hell's YEAH!" to your SIX eggs fried in bacon fat! Congrats to really taking primal eating by the horns, girl! Maybe I should up my egg intake... but I'm starting to get sick of them, since I rely so heavily on them.
    I only like eggs cooked in bacon fat. Sometimes butter. I get my pasture raised pork bacon from a local farmer. Best bacon ever! I used to not like bacon, now, I just can't get enough

Quote Originally Posted by mikezentz View Post
    that looks delicious!
    Why, thank you very much.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    I only like eggs cooked in bacon fat. Sometimes butter. I get my pasture raised pork bacon from a local farmer. Best bacon ever! I used to not like bacon, now, I just can't get enough
    You used to NOT like bacon???! Oh my. Glad you've come around to the dark side lol.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!