Thread: Sprouted grain bread page

Bethhawes is offline Junior Member

Sprouted grain bread

Shop Now
    I'm trying hard to decrease my intake of grains, but certain things are incredibly hard to give up--like bread! Is sprouted grain bread, in limited amounts, acceptable?

sforsyth is offline Junior Member
    I used sprouted grain bread as a transition food. Like you I could not see my life without bread! after about 6 months I took the plunge and ditched it. That was a year ago. Occasionally I miss bread, but mostly I don't because I am busy eating other things that taste way better!
    I would say if it helps you to get started then eat it, and over time you will probably find that you will be able to wean that out too.

Robyn is offline Junior Member
    I did the same thing as sforsyth - used it as a transition food. I loved Ezekiel bread and jokingly/lovingly referred to it as "the shingle" because I figured you could shingle a house with it.

Then I slowly came to realize that it was really just a handy vehicle for getting more delicious and satisfying things into my mouth like eggs and almond butter. Had some not too long ago at a friend's as a test and thought it tasted like cardboard.
    Do not assume because I am frivolous that I am shallow, just as I do not assume because you are grave that you are profound. - Sydney Smith (19th century British theologian)