Thread: Bulletproof Coffee and heart burn page

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof Coffee and heart burn

Primal Fuel
    I am currently on GAPS intro with my kids so I quit coffee for 3 weeks. I brought it back in Monday and it is organic w/ coconut oil and grass fed butter, but it is TEARING my stomach up and giving me heart burn for the first time in my life (that I have noticed).

My question is, does Bulletproof Coffee do the same thing? I have already ordered some, but I am curious about everyone's experience. I don't drink much coffee, but I LOVE it, seriously, I didn't get tired when I quit, but I missed my cup of joe each morning.

Help!
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

I got really bad heartburn from this too! I wasn't using the Bulletproof Coffee brand, just Trader Joe's or one of the local roasters, but it hurt way too much. I never get heartburn otherwise, so can attribute it to the coffee. Although I'm not sure what the issue is. I just stick to my coffee with heavy cream now.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butterphly01 View Post
    I got really bad heartburn from this too! I wasn't using the Bulletproof Coffee brand, just Trader Joe's or one of the local roasters, but it hurt way too much. I never get heartburn otherwise, so can attribute it to the coffee. Although I'm not sure what the issue is. I just stick to my coffee with heavy cream now.
    Could well be an isolated instance. Coffee can cause heartburn in anyone on occasion. It is very acidic. Doubtful it is anything to be worried about.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyTibby View Post
    I am currently on GAPS intro with my kids so I quit coffee for 3 weeks. I brought it back in Monday and it is organic w/ coconut oil and grass fed butter, but it is TEARING my stomach up and giving me heart burn for the first time in my life (that I have noticed).
    Recipe
    Start with 500 ml (2 mugs) of black coffee brewed with mold-free beans (important)

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyTibby View Post
    Recipe
    Start with 500 ml (2 mugs) of black coffee brewed with mold-free beans (important)