Thread: Eating in the morning page

lolo66 is offline Member

Eating in the morning

Primal Fuel
    I generally wake up fairly late- about 10am and don't usually feel hungry until 11 or even 12, but I eat dinner at about 6:30-7pm generally so essentially I am doing a fast. However I have burnt out adrenals and I've read that fasting can stress your body out further. I enjoy my food so much more when i'm hungry for it though. So should I eat when I get up, or wait a few hours until i'm hungry?

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I am not an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt (or several grains! Salt is supposed to be good for your adrenals).

I noticed my morning fasted glucose was getting too high, like always above 100. So I did some digging and found a Chris Kresser post that recommended eating every 2-3 for people with adrenal fatigue, probably the same post that you've seen:

http://chriskresser.com/intermittent...nd-blood-sugar

I'm giving it a shot. Before this, I did a daily 16+ hour fast and lifted heavy weights 4x/week. I've been eating breakfast for about a week now and my blood glucose was 100 this morning, versus 110 or so that it's been averaging the past couple weeks.

So I guess my recommenation is to try it out for a couple weeks and see if it helps. A glucometer might help you determine if you're getting a good response.