Thread: Tampa/Land o Lakes page

Bday Guest

I live in N. Tampa and was wondering if there is anyone in this area who is primal and wouldnt mind helping me understand whats its all about.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Read the primal 101 blogs listed on the home page.

Read The Primal Blueprint.

Geography has nothing to do with your understanding.

lesliek is offline Member

That's not entirely true. Most of us source a fair amount of our food locally (especially meat/eggs/dairy) and it's helpful to have someone in your area point you to the right sources. I'm nowhere near you, so I'm afraid I can't help. :/ This tends to be a good start for grass-fed products and other things you might be eating on the PB diet: http://eatwild.com. Let me know if you have other (non-geographically-specific) questions I can help answer!

sidandlucy Guest

i live in apollo beach! i actually went to land o lakes high school. unfortunately i'm very new at this and haven't discovered where to buy grssfed and things like that. i'm still finishing what is in my freezer. are there any questions in particular that i could maybe help with?

Bday Guest

Thankyou for the link. I know geography has nothing to do with it. I dont understand entirely the diet as a whole as far as calories, fat, protein how much in grams for my body weight and activity. Also how much of each, to get where I need to be. I have tracked my diet for a couple of days and have to take food off and search foods to try and hit what I think is the right mark to be at, which I am really not sure of that. And I have gotten a headache from reading primal 101. There is about a thousand subjects and replies and info which after I had a good idea of whts up may be usefull but right now just jibberish. I would like to try this but I am feeling overwhelmed with info. There needs to be a short version of how to start and then learn as you go.

Acmebike is offline Member

Short and sweet:

http://www.paleonu.com/get-started/

And fine tune it from there by wading into Mark's Daily Apple 101 and past blog posts.

Bday Guest

Thankyou. Now I have one more ? I am doing p90x and I am one of those # guys. I know it says no counting etc. But what would my calorie intake range be. I am 210lbs. 6'1" and my lean BM is supposedly 170lbs or so. The reason I ask is I have taken some time off from working out and got lazy with my diet so I can literally eat once or twice a day and be good, and I know thats not good. I need a goal to try and reach for a bit. Thanks again.

barnesbone7 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Primal Blueprint.