Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omega three eggs page

softthings is offline Member

omega three eggs

Primal Fuel
    ok, just found out my cage free eggs come from hens fed soy and grains and flax for omega three. i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this, but, figured i'd bounce it off of y'all. should i find a new egg? thanks!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I use to buy egglands best O3 eggs till I found a local source. I'd say just eat em while you look for something better.

I got the same problem. I bought 3 dozen eggs of this brand Phil's Fresh Eggs, which have 660 mg of Omega-3. But after buying them I noticed the chickens are fed whole grain and soy. Probably not the best, right?

yeah, probs not. i LOVE the free range at whole foods. the next best thing to the eggs i got fresh of the pasture in VA. vital farms is the brand. but, the price has been steady rising. they are now $6.69 a dozen. totally freaking worth it though. but, i would like something cheaper. i payed $2.50 tops in VA for a dozen.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I just pay 2.00/dozen for some farm fresh stuff. I'm sure they supplement with grain, but I also know they have a good deal of space to be outside, scratch, eat bugs and all the other goodies too.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, I just pay 2.00/dozen for some farm fresh stuff. I'm sure they supplement with grain, but I also know they have a good deal of space to be outside, scratch, eat bugs and all the other goodies too.
    That's a sweet deal. I need to find something like that. I can get eggs simply labeled "local" at wholefoods, I'll try to find out where they come from next time I go, it's a little bit over that. They also have smaller packs of eggs, like 4 eggs, for about a dollar a damn egg.

Quote Originally Posted by softthings View Post
    yeah, probs not. i LOVE the free range at whole foods. the next best thing to the eggs i got fresh of the pasture in VA. vital farms is the brand. but, the price has been steady rising. they are now $6.69 a dozen. totally freaking worth it though. but, i would like something cheaper. i payed $2.50 tops in VA for a dozen.
    Yes! I'm glad to hear that you also buy Vital Farms. That is the brand I normally buy, but in the Minneapolis area they are $7.99/dozen at Whole Foods! Since I buy about 3 doz at a time, I was trying to save money, but no egg has tastes as good as Vital Farms. I'm gonna have to go back to them.

ok, well, if they cost more there i guess i should quit my bitching. it's just that i am going back to school in the fall and wanted to start getting used to pinching pennies. they are amazing though.

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    what does it matter if the chicken eats grains?

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    For much the same reason the Primal community admonishes grain fed cattle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast