Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tor's 100 Pushup challenge page 7

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Deburn, just go for it. Form will follow. At your weight you are not going to blow your knees out with a little bad form. Lots of videos and insturctions on the net for squat form. I was really surprised at the good pain in my thighs later in the day from doing just a bunch of air squats. There really is something in body weight workouts. Also if you get a chance buy some kettlebells.

As far as the pushups, you will put on some muscle. I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I think skinny fat is more about being unhealthy than being skinny with a gut. It is about being thin but eating the wrong things and having the same ailments that are more common with fat people have without being fat, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. When I think skinny fat I picture a thin, long distance runner with clogged arteries, from eating food in a box, about to keel over with a heart attack.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.
    Shoot, I flex in the mirror every day. How else are you going to see if you are making progress??? My wife thinks it is hilarious.

deburn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Deburn, just go for it. Form will follow. At your weight you are not going to blow your knees out with a little bad form. Lots of videos and insturctions on the net for squat form. I was really surprised at the good pain in my thighs later in the day from doing just a bunch of air squats. There really is something in body weight workouts. Also if you get a chance buy some kettlebells.

As far as the pushups, you will put on some muscle. I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.
    I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do exercise-wise to build more mass and muscle, but for now I think I will do the pushup program, and do some squats on off days

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    I think skinny fat is more about being unhealthy than being skinny with a gut. It is about being thin but eating the wrong things and having the same ailments that are more common with fat people have without being fat, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. When I think skinny fat I picture a thin, long distance runner with clogged arteries, from eating food in a box, about to keel over with a heart attack.
    I thought I ate mostly healthy (except too many sweets!) till I learned about primal 3 months ago. Now I'm mostly primal, except the sweets - for now. I don't have any of the diseases you mentioned, but I do have high cholesterol and a family history of diabetes...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    Shoot, I flex in the mirror every day. How else are you going to see if you are making progress??? My wife thinks it is hilarious.
    I look in the mirror too, admiring the faint outlines of what may or maynot be abs :-) I try to do it when I'm alone, but sometimes my gf catches me and she smiles and says I'm funny

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Tor. Doing the program, did you ever have to repeat a day or week, or did you progress through consistently? (may have already been mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by Deburn
    I would like to do air squats (I have very skinny legs :-) ) though I'm worried that my form is wrong
    Keep your feet flat on the floor and keep your knees behind your toes. Go down deep, preferably so your thighs are below horizontal so that your hamstrings get used at the bottom of the squat. Have your feet wide enough apart that you are squatting down 'between' them.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_h View Post
    Congrats Tor. Doing the program, did you ever have to repeat a day or week, or did you progress through consistently? (may have already been mentioned)
    Thanks. No I never had to skip a day or go back. My intial test of 14 put me in the column 3 for week 1 and 2, I looked at that column and said no way, so I did column two the first two weeks. Weeks 3 - 6 were all done in the third column. Mondays, were actually the hardest for me.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567