Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Tor's 100 Pushup challenge page 7

  1. #61
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Primal Fuel
    Deburn, just go for it. Form will follow. At your weight you are not going to blow your knees out with a little bad form. Lots of videos and insturctions on the net for squat form. I was really surprised at the good pain in my thighs later in the day from doing just a bunch of air squats. There really is something in body weight workouts. Also if you get a chance buy some kettlebells.

    As far as the pushups, you will put on some muscle. I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.

  2. #62
    Buffdv's Avatar
    Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    fatville, heading to buffville
    Posts
    261
    I think skinny fat is more about being unhealthy than being skinny with a gut. It is about being thin but eating the wrong things and having the same ailments that are more common with fat people have without being fat, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. When I think skinny fat I picture a thin, long distance runner with clogged arteries, from eating food in a box, about to keel over with a heart attack.

  3. #63
    Buffdv's Avatar
    Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    fatville, heading to buffville
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.
    Shoot, I flex in the mirror every day. How else are you going to see if you are making progress??? My wife thinks it is hilarious.

  4. #64
    deburn's Avatar
    deburn is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Deburn, just go for it. Form will follow. At your weight you are not going to blow your knees out with a little bad form. Lots of videos and insturctions on the net for squat form. I was really surprised at the good pain in my thighs later in the day from doing just a bunch of air squats. There really is something in body weight workouts. Also if you get a chance buy some kettlebells.

    As far as the pushups, you will put on some muscle. I had to admit this publicly, but I keep finding myself flexing in the mirror.
    I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do exercise-wise to build more mass and muscle, but for now I think I will do the pushup program, and do some squats on off days

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    I think skinny fat is more about being unhealthy than being skinny with a gut. It is about being thin but eating the wrong things and having the same ailments that are more common with fat people have without being fat, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. When I think skinny fat I picture a thin, long distance runner with clogged arteries, from eating food in a box, about to keel over with a heart attack.
    I thought I ate mostly healthy (except too many sweets!) till I learned about primal 3 months ago. Now I'm mostly primal, except the sweets - for now. I don't have any of the diseases you mentioned, but I do have high cholesterol and a family history of diabetes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    Shoot, I flex in the mirror every day. How else are you going to see if you are making progress??? My wife thinks it is hilarious.
    I look in the mirror too, admiring the faint outlines of what may or maynot be abs :-) I try to do it when I'm alone, but sometimes my gf catches me and she smiles and says I'm funny

  5. #65
    mike_h's Avatar
    mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    191
    Congrats Tor. Doing the program, did you ever have to repeat a day or week, or did you progress through consistently? (may have already been mentioned)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deburn
    I would like to do air squats (I have very skinny legs :-) ) though I'm worried that my form is wrong
    Keep your feet flat on the floor and keep your knees behind your toes. Go down deep, preferably so your thighs are below horizontal so that your hamstrings get used at the bottom of the squat. Have your feet wide enough apart that you are squatting down 'between' them.

  6. #66
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_h View Post
    Congrats Tor. Doing the program, did you ever have to repeat a day or week, or did you progress through consistently? (may have already been mentioned)
    Thanks. No I never had to skip a day or go back. My intial test of 14 put me in the column 3 for week 1 and 2, I looked at that column and said no way, so I did column two the first two weeks. Weeks 3 - 6 were all done in the third column. Mondays, were actually the hardest for me.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •