Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tor's 100 Pushup challenge page 3

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy crap! That is a BIG number!

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Final week here. Day 1 of week 6 was a real pain. Once again I am on column three. Thought I was going to die on the second set. I am still pretty week from the max test yesterday. But this is what the sets look like today

Max (at least 55) I did 62 for a total of 227. Damn!!!!

Awesome job.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Final Week, Week 6 day two cranked out a monster 259 pushups. Sets were

Max out: 71 (was supposed to do at least 58) Man I was on fire on that last set, did not feel anything until around 62. To think 6 weeks ago, I maxed out at 14, I just did 71 max after doing 188.

that is BADASS!! My ribs (broken from sprinting) are finally healed up enough that I can start to push it on the pushups and pull ups again. Did 2 pull ups 3 different times yesterday, I'll admit that the 2nd pull up on the third set wasn't quite all the way over the bar, but it was close! I've been doing sets of 40 push ups lately, did 4 sets yesterday. didn't want to go to failure too many days in a row. That really impacts me the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    that is BADASS!! My ribs (broken from sprinting) are finally healed up enough that I can start to push it on the pushups and pull ups again. Did 2 pull ups 3 different times yesterday, I'll admit that the 2nd pull up on the third set wasn't quite all the way over the bar, but it was close! I've been doing sets of 40 push ups lately, did 4 sets yesterday. didn't want to go to failure too many days in a row. That really impacts me the next couple of days.
    I got to ask, how did you break some ribs sprinting? There is a story there. 3 pulls, to me that is Badass.....

Dice Monkey is offline Member
    Okay, these numbers are seriously inspiring. Is this the challenge from hundredpushups.com?
    I want to stick with my current workout for the rest of May, but an now thinking of this pushup challenge.

What other workouts are you doing?
    And congrats for results.
    "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I got to ask, how did you break some ribs sprinting? There is a story there. 3 pulls, to me that is Badass.....
    Yes, of course there is a story there, and many laughs at my expense, mostly from my wife!! :-D We were watching my daughter's soccer game one Saturday morning and at halftime we needed to go to the trashcan about 50 yards away. I asked my wife if she wanted to race over there and she said no, as usual. Also as usual I egged her on and talked her into it. On the way back some dude just walked out in front of us. I made it around him but it put me behind in the race. In exerting maximum effort to catch up and win I lost it and bit the dust. Somehow I landed with my elbow jammed into my ribs and I was hurting. My wife just laughed at me every time I moved and moaned and groaned for a couple of weeks and reminded me that she won!!! Now that I'm back in action she won't race me at all. HA!

On the push ups vs pull ups. My primal friend, who is a much lighter build than I am, weighs about 160 and is about the same height can do like 8-10 pull ups but can't do 20 push ups in a shot. It is weird how people seem to be able to do one or the other better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    ... On the way back some dude just walked out in front of us....
    It would have been super cool to form tackle him and still beat your wife, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice Monkey View Post
    Okay, these numbers are seriously inspiring. Is this the challenge from hundredpushups.com?
    I want to stick with my current workout for the rest of May, but an now thinking of this pushup challenge.

What other workouts are you doing?
    And congrats for results.
    Thanks. Yes, this is from one hundred push ups . Tomorrow will be day 3 of week 6. I will then wait till Monday to do the final test. I also am doing kettlebells. I was originally doing the Enter the Kettlebell Minium program. 2 days a week 12 minute swings and two days a week of 5 minutes worth of Getups. I have since changed the swings to be HITT and doing them the Viking Warrior method (VW is applied to the snatch, but I thought I would do it with the swing) which is 15 sec's swing 15 sec's rest for 12 minutes. That is a killer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast