Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tor's 100 Pushup challenge page 2

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Tor - that is amzing progress, I'm up from abot 17 to 39 last week following Mark's PBF been about 8 weeks. Need to know what you are doing to get this progress
    Rob, I have just been following the progressions in the 100 pushup challenge found here.

one hundred push ups

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Go for it Tor! Hitting 100 push ups is a very satisfying goal when you reach it.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Great work!
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Rob, I have just been following the progressions in the 100 pushup challenge found here.

one hundred push ups
    Thanks, Ive booked marked it pity the pull up version isn't available on-line as that's my weak point right now.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Thanks, Ive booked marked it pity the pull up version isn't available on-line as that's my weak point right now.
    Mine too. Right now, my max pull ups = 0. How am I to progress from there........ Although, I have not tried any pull ups since starting this push up thing....

You might try something like greasing the groove on your push ups and pull-ups, though you would have to start with aided pull-ups.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Mine too. Right now, my max pull ups = 0. How am I to progress from there........ Although, I have not tried any pull ups since starting this push up thing....
    That rocks!

When I started I could do 0 pull ups and like 6 or 8 push ups. Now I can do 40 push ups in one shot or a couple sets of 30ish and 2 pull ups some days, sometimes 1-3/4.

How to work on pull ups? There are a couple of threads about it on here. I would do what I could mostly, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, whatever every couple of days. Occasionally I would do the reverse pull up thing, start at the top and go down as slowly as possible or put one toe on a stool and help myself do about 5 at a time. I am still surprised at how much my push ups increased compared to how little my pull ups increased even though I am pulling up 48 less lbs. Kinda weird.

amckenna is offline Junior Member
    When I do my max push ups I go for 2 minutes, but do rest by leaning back on my legs while keeping them straight. Different technique, but either way good work.

Day 3 of week 5. working off of column 3. I did 200 push ups in 8 sets. The last set was a do maximum at least 50. Well 50 was all I could squeeze out, of course that was after doing 150. Boy number 50 was a beast, it took all I could do to get it out... Almost collapsed in the last inch or two.....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just an update. Did my max push ups for starting week 6, I was able to do 81. 19 away from the big 100.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast