Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shirataki Noodles? page

jbenson is offline Junior Member

Shirataki Noodles?

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if Shirataki noodles are Paleo/Primal friendly? If so, does anyone have any recipes they could share?

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    They are, but they're fairly useless. Paleo/Primal is big on nutrient density, and these noodles have none. If you must, use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles or something; it'll be a better investment than the $2/lb konnyaku you're getting anyway.

samira is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbenson View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if Shirataki noodles are Paleo/Primal friendly? If so, does anyone have any recipes they could share?
    Aren't they made from soybeans? Making them a no-no for paleo? Cause I used to eat them often and I then I stopped eating soy/tofu. I'd make this sweet miso soup with them.

I missed them til I found kelp noodles at wholefoods. They aren't as tasty but you can make them work after u soak them in hot water, then lightly fry them.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Do a search. There are several threads about the noodles and recipes.

Samira, shirataki noodles are made from yam flour. (Shirataki noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) They are basically all fiber so the body passes them along. They don't have a lot of nutrients but if you're craving noodles they can be a good replacement.

Some people love them for that, I have used them in place of spaghetti noodles in Italian dishes (eh, ok but not anywhere near like flour pasta-spaghetti squash worked better), ramen (do-able but still not the same), and stir-frys (worked the best).
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Groktimus Prime is offline Junior Member
    There are tofu version of shirataki noodles that are white in color instead of translucent. I will have to give kelp noodles a try. It sounds neat!
    In Sanity,
    Charlie

Weight: 350/200 (within 16 months)/205
    Body Fat: 50%/12%/10%

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

samira is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Do a search. There are several threads about the noodles and recipes.

Samira, shirataki noodles are made from yam flour. (Shirataki noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) They are basically all fiber so the body passes them along. They don't have a lot of nutrients but if you're craving noodles they can be a good replacement.

Some people love them for that, I have used them in place of spaghetti noodles in Italian dishes (eh, ok but not anywhere near like flour pasta-spaghetti squash worked better), ramen (do-able but still not the same), and stir-frys (worked the best).
    they have shirataki noodles that are tofu free! TY for info, I have to look for them. I miss my shirataki noodles but i dont want any soy in my body.

Groktimus: if you like roasted seaweed (which I do) you'll like kelp noodles. I just can't eat it out of the bag cause it kinda smells fishy and its too crunchy. So I wash it and then cook it up.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I've only seen them made of yam flour. I didn't know there were tofu ones as well. Learn something new every day
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

DoinicDenson is offline Junior Member
    I have used them in place of spaghetti noodles in Italian dishes

sheila25 is offline Junior Member

I like Miracle Noodle shirataki noodles to satisfy carb/pasta craves!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoinicDenson View Post
    I have used them in place of spaghetti noodles in Italian dishes
    Miracle Noodles are made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
    and contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories wheat and gluten-free and -made of natural fiber called Glucomannan. They easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce. They are instant and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. also love their Rice which I substitue in rice pudding, which I love, soups and stirfries. You can have your pasta and enjoy with the carbs and calories. Their Facebook page has so many recipes people have shared..hope this helps.

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    They are, but they're fairly useless. Paleo/Primal is big on nutrient density, and these noodles have none. If you must, use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles or something; it'll be a better investment than the $2/lb konnyaku you're getting anyway.
    Spiralizer, eh? Another kitchen gadget I should get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast