Thread: Cycling macronutrients page

Darz is offline Senior Member

Question Cycling macronutrients

Primal Fuel
    Is carb/fat cycling a healthy approach in the long run? I've been doing leangains for about 3 weeks and it has been working well and I feel great, however, I would like to know if it matters in terms of a healthy lifestyle - and I'm only talking about whole/primal foods. For example, on my workout days I eat about 280 grams of carbs and a very small amount of fat - bout 40g - and on the days I rest - I increase fat and reduce carbs considerably; but does it matter if I cycle, in terms of health, or is it about getting the nutrients/minerals/vitamins your body needs and living a primal lifestyle regardless of the cycle?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    Is carb/fat cycling a healthy approach in the long run? I've been doing leangains for about 3 weeks and it has been working well and I feel great, however, I would like to know if it matters in terms of a healthy lifestyle - and I'm only talking about whole/primal foods. For example, on my workout days I eat about 280 grams of carbs and a very small amount of fat - bout 40g - and on the days I rest - I increase fat and reduce carbs considerably; but does it matter if I cycle, in terms of health, or is it about getting the nutrients/minerals/vitamins your body needs and living a primal lifestyle regardless of the cycle?
    Well if you're getting all of your macros from whole foods, getting your meat from good sources, and eating green vegetables, then you're likely getting enough nutrients to fit your definition of long term health here.

However, once you reach your goal with LeanGains, you can easily cut yourself some slack and still maintain your physique; aka you could go back to full primal, or you could increase your carb intake without any detriment to your achievements.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind