Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ToniWA Journal page

ToniWA is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I didn't realize some folks kept journals on here, but I see it as advantageous since I'm at my best when I'm accountable

I was introduced to PB by my CrossFit coach and it took me a good 2 weeks before I committed, but was surprised at how easy the transition has been. I was carb cycling before to lean out for a bodybuilding/Figure competition and my body reacted well, but I still felt "fluffy". Today is day 9 (started on the 1st so this timeline will be easy) and I noticed a difference in just days. I get my bodyfat checked tonight so I'll have more of a gauge. I do know that I'll have to cut the fruit as the competition gets closer, but I've been under 80g carbs consistently. I'm dreading giving up my bacon for the last 2 weeks...too much sodium. Dammit! But it's short-lived and I will be basking in my bacon aroma soon enough :^D

From the book, I read that a high carb day (250-300g) will enhance insulin sensitivity and "keep the body guessing" which is what I need to keep the fat coming off. I did a 23 hour fast the following day which wasn't too difficult. The last hour was too much, obviously since I didn't hold out for the full 24 hrs. Unfortunately/luckily, I had a bag of mixed nuts handy. :/

This website has been fantastic at keeping me motivated with such a rich and diverse community. I'm going to try and make it to the Seattle meet-up next weekend for sure!

Thank you all ahead of time for being open and honest about your trials and tribulations along our journey to better health ~ and nice abs :^)

Til next time,

Oh yeah ~ the nitty gritty.

Wake-up: Protein drink (90 cal/23g protein/0g carbs)

Bkfst: Shake (protein/greens/almond oil/acai berries)

LUNCH: 3c mixed greens/flank steak/babababacon!/olive oil w balsamic vinegar

Snack: protein shake w/flax oil

Dinner: TBD

Trying to keep the mixed nuts out today...I'm addicted.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Try and make it??? Toni, you are so coming!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

LOL i wish there was a meet up in my area... you should go if not for those of us who can't! Sounds like you're doing great, and I will read every day if you post.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

My days are flying by which is something I need to get in control. So many things to do. Anyway, enough whining. I've realized I'm too easy on myself and if I want to get as lean as I need to for my competition ~ no fruit and no goodies. Strictly meats, fat, and green veggies. I realized this today and went off the bandwagon and now I feel like crap. I needed it though to remind me how great I've felt the past 2 weeks on PB.

I won't admit what I ate today *sheepish grin*, but tomorrow will be impressive...and the day after that, and the day after that.

:^D

@erstad17 ~ I just started softball and Saturday is a big workout day for me, but I think I'll skip softball anyway. I'm not playing until after the competition so no harm in not being there for one practice.

Time for some eats before volleyball.

Thankfully, I was able to listen to the Mark's broadcast about 20 reasons why we might not be losing weight.

More than 120g of protein will turn into glucose which will raise insulin levels. Hmm, oops. Also, diet sodas create a phantom insulin response...again, oops. My quest for sub 10% bodyfat may be easier and quicker with this knowledge. Oh, man I hope so. I feel stuck and I really needed this today.

I've been feeling rundown and thought a cold was coming on (tight chest & dry cough) so I stayed home today and am fasting. Should be a 24 hr fast to let my body fight the business on the inside and not have to work on processing food. I really need to get back into the gym after 2 days off which weren't planned. I'm REALLY looking forward to living a normal life after this competition. My big treat is going to be cut up fruit with heavy whipped cream ~ I'm so freaking excited for that!!! Glorious!

Now I'm headed to fitday.com to figure out what to eat tomorrow to keep my insulin down and my fat burning up!

Yowza!

Another change ~ daily fasting before my workouts. I read through leangains.com and was convinced to try this method of feeding. I call it 'feeding' so I'm seeing food as a fuel instead of a cure for an emotion or stress release.

So far, my energy is sky high (even after a bad night with maybe 2hrs of sleep) and my workouts are great. Today will be a challenge since I'm so busy that I won't get to the gym until after 5pm. That means a 20hr fast...I'm aware of my body enough to know I can tailor the workout in case I don't feel great. I highly doubt I'll be effected though.

Leangains.com suggests a 14hr fast for women, but my timing doesn't quite work out that well. I haven't had the "mood swings" that are mentioned (stereotyping??) so I think I'm safe

I'm getting my bodyfat measurement again tonight and I'm hoping to have some validation for the effort I've been putting in. Although, my biggest issue is my inner thighs so it doesn't compute in the measurement. They really should include the saddlebags and bottom of our ass in the measurement. Really would cover everything.

I'm lowering my sodium and keeping the carbs/calories low for another 3 weeks until the competition. It's hard to believe my "cheat" will be a big bowl of strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream instead of chili cheese Fritos and Reese's cups.

Yay!

Hey Toni, I was wondering... when you listened to the webcasts were you able to download those to your computer for future use too or are they just a limited time?

Thanks so much,

Manda

Live Like No One Else

Manda ~ I didn't download them since I took notes. Would you like me to send them? I can post them to your journal or something.

20 Reasons you're not losing weight

5 Reasons you're getting sick

Yeah that would be great! I am listening to them but I want notes on them as well, and was considering taking notes but since you already have... i spose that will work. Do you mind sending them to me on my email amleisten06@gmail.com? IF not feel free to post them on my page that is fine too!

Much Appreciation!

Live Like No One Else

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast