Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: How to make a bowl using meat (ie 'real' meat bowl)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    614

    How to make a bowl using meat (ie 'real' meat bowl)

    Shop Now
    DH and I have been brainstorming this. Edible bowl we can stuff with "whatever"! Result #1 - a meat bowl: literally!


    I made the bowl from ground beef. You can fill with salad or almost anything or make any size. Step by step with photos here.

    My current thoughts is it can be used as a taco salad bowl replacement, as a holder for a "quiche" type of filling, it could be stuffed the same way as peppers....I know there are tons of possibilities...would love to hear YOUR ideas!
    Enjoy!

    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    25
    I love it!

    Two quick questions come to mind:

    Is there some kind of primal friendly binder, as in primal friendly meatloaf that could mitigate the shrinkage?

    Do you think this would work in a large muffin pan so individual sized mini meals could be made?



    Starting weight: 270 - Goal weight: 170 - Current weight: 149

    New goal: Learn primal and add 5 pounds of muscle in 2012.


    "I hate rabbits, they always look like they are about to say something, but they never do." - Raj - TBBT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities MN
    Posts
    11
    Just thinking about this I can hear Tim Allen making his caveman grunting sounds.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Hydra View Post
    I love it!

    Two quick questions come to mind:

    Is there some kind of primal friendly binder, as in primal friendly meatloaf that could mitigate the shrinkage?

    Do you think this would work in a large muffin pan so individual sized mini meals could be made?



    Starting weight: 270 - Goal weight: 170 - Current weight: 149

    New goal: Learn primal and add 5 pounds of muscle in 2012.


    "I hate rabbits, they always look like they are about to say something, but they never do." - Raj - TBBT
    Great questions! Some people put coconut flour or almond meat in their meatloaf to bind. It would help the shrinkage.

    Individual pans: yes! You could do that. The one pictured is actually an individual serving. DH and I were pondering getting some extra corningware bowls to allow us to make 4-5 individual servings at a time that he could take to work. I don't know if a muffin pan would work...I am wondering if the sides are so steep the meat might slide down the sides, but if it DID work, that is a BEAUTIFUL solution. I may have to give it a whirl. Do me favor? If you try it would you post or pm and let me know how the muffin pans worked for you?
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by RReznik View Post
    Just thinking about this I can hear Tim Allen making his caveman grunting sounds.
    ROFL. I miss that show. Yeah..."TOOL TIME MEAT BOWL" - what would he eat? Meat bowl, egg with diced ham, bacon, cheese and mushroom maybe.

    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
    Do me favor? If you try it would you post or pm and let me know how the muffin pans worked for you?
    Be happy to. Thought I might take a crack at it this weekend when I have the time. Might even experiment with a few different binders as I'll be making several at a time anyway.



    Starting weight: 270 - Goal weight: 170 - Current weight: 149

    New goal: Learn primal and add 5 pounds of muscle in 2012.


    "If at first you don't succeed - so much for sky diving" - Unknown

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Hydra View Post
    Be happy to. Thought I might take a crack at it this weekend when I have the time. Might even experiment with a few different binders as I'll be making several at a time anyway.


    thanks!!!
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,008
    Love this idea. Kind of similar to a meatzza

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Love this idea. Kind of similar to a meatzza
    Yes! BUT with the meatza, the meat is just acts as a base "crust". We wanted "walls" to be able to fill this with goodies. Mmmm... Meatza. Our meatza night is every Friday. 2 more days........
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    443
    Shop Now
    This looks awesome! Can't wait to try making it
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •