Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocoloate - work your way up? page

teach2183 is offline Senior Member

Chocoloate - work your way up?

I have always been a milk chocolate girl. But I know that dark is better for me. DH accidentally bought semi-sweet chocolate chips a few months ago (prePB) and I was actually fine with them though. Last week I bought an 85% chocolate bar, but find it's a touch too bitter for me. Is this the sort of thing that I should work my way up to? Is it okay to drop down to a lower percent and then try the higher percent in a few more months? This may be trivial, as I eat 1-2 squares a week. Anyone else have success transitioning from milk chocolate to a high percent dark?

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I used to love milk chocolate too- now I can't stand it! Much too sweet. I think working your way up is a good idea, especially since you only eat a small amt. Each week. Maybe also try the bars that have nuts in them, or I like the one with sea salt...soooo good!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Some dark chocolate is more bitter than others. Try what Mark recommends, Green & Blacks organic 85% from WalGreens.
    It's nice (and I didn't like dark chocolate either --until now).

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Semisweet chips are around 60%. You can definitely work your way up by trying 70% and every several weeks up it another 5-10%.

Some of my favorite brands of chocolate are Valrhona, Galler, and to some extent, Green & Black's and Lindt.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 05-02-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    you'll have to see what works for you. yes, work your way up. if you're a milk chocolate sort of girl, i'd go for the 50% range for now while your taste buds are acclimating to a lower-sugar diet. when that begins to taste too sweet, go a little higher. i have never liked green and blacks above 60%, just think it's too bitter. Chocolove makes a delightful 77%, smooth and rich. my favorite 85% is Divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Chocolove makes a delightful 77%, smooth and rich. my favorite 85% is Divine.
    Interesting you say that. I dislike both those brands, especially the latter, but you don't like the darker chocolates and like these bars? Very interesting xD

different strokes.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I loves me some milk chocolate, especially in cup form with peanut-butter-like substance inside.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lol. there are several brands of organic nut butter cups, if that's your thing. suncups, justin's almond butter, and sunspire are three brands that come immediately to mind. some are milk chocolate, others are "dark."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I loves me some milk chocolate, especially in cup form with peanut-butter-like substance inside.
    All I can taste is the partially hydrogenated oil when I eat those now.

Edit: wait, I was thinking of reese's pieces XD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast