Thread: Just wanted to say hello to everyone page

Mnorton1228 is offline Junior Member

Just wanted to say hello to everyone

Hey guys, the name is Matthew and Im 21. I recently stumbled across this website and have been reading the primal blueprint. Everything makes so much sense and I probably need to reread it just to engrave it into my brain.

Im posting here because I want to become active within the community and because I want to let other people know what Im about to embark on. I feel silly sometimes telling people that Im going to get back into shape, because theyve all watched me transform twice now.

In high school at one point I weighed a whooping 280 lbs and Ive made a promise never to let myself get that big again. I did an awesome diet that is popular around here called thrive and I really felt like it was something that was going to stick. However once I got down to 218 lbs and was skinnier than I had ever been in my life I started eating some bad foods again. I ended up letting the weight creep back up on me until I weighed in at 250 lbs. My grand father passed away and I realized I couldnt even fit into my clothes properly when we had to attend his funeral. This hit me like a box of bricks as I was embarrassed and felt like I had inadvertently disrespected one of the most influential men in my life by coming to his funeral looking like a slob (I know I didnt really look like a slob, but I definitely felt like one and that was awful). So I made it another goal to get down to 220 again and this time go for 200. I felt like 200 lbs was impossible for my 6 ft 2 frame because when I was down to 220 I was so thin and had no definition. (I still wonder if I can get to 200 lbs and be healthy but its definitely the goal Im going to strive for.)

Fast forward to last summer and I was literally in the best shape of my life. I was running a mile in the upper 7's, I was stronger than I had ever been, was down in the 220's again, was fitting into all of my 34 waist size clothes, and I felt better than ever and then I met the girl who is soon to become my fiance. That was a great thing and I am very thankful for everything she brought into my life. However, she's motivated me to work harder and again Im thankful for that but yesterday was my last day of taking 5 classes for this previous semester of college and work 32+ hours of third shift every week! Its no wonder I let myself go because I never felt like I had time to get back to being the gym rat I used to be and we ended up putting our health on the back burner together.

So now that Ive read the primal blueprint Im taking it upon myself to get back into great shape. I want to do that in order to motivate her to get into the best shape of her life eventually. I want to get the weight off and keep it off, I want to go against conventional wisdom, and more importantly when I finish school in a year I want all of my potential employers to look at me and think "This is a guy who looks professional, takes care of himself, and really seems like he has control over his life." To me that would be the most empowering thing!

So sorry if I rambled and didnt make completely coherent sentences, sue me :P lol!, but I just wanted to drop in and say hello to you all as I think you have a great thing going on here!

Guitar_grrrl is offline Junior Member
    It's cool to see younger folks getting into this, too, although my 19 year old niece told me about her paleo friends, recently. Keep up the good work! One day at a time.

Michi is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on your impending wedding and I wish you both the best of luck and a long, happy, healthy life together!