Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felt like I was starving by dinner and craving only meat. Is this normal? page

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member

Felt like I was starving by dinner and craving only meat. Is this normal?

Shop Now
    Starving today! Absolutely crazed for protein! By the time I got home from work I literally couldn't think of doing anything but eating as soon as possible and all I wanted to eat was meat. I didn't want any veggies or carbs or anything.
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    It's not abnormal (in my very limited experience, that being myself and one of my friends). There are some days where I want nothing more than a bloody steak and I can feel the hunger all day (which is distracting as all get up).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    yep happens here too, and if it does, I just go with it

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I had one of those days not long ago. There was some leftover t-bone steak in the fridge, and my partner almost fell over laughing when he came into the kitchen and caught me gnawing it off the bone while leaning against the kitchen counter.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Yup, it happens.
    This. No worries.

I also have days where I want mostly veg... I think it balances out.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been hungry today, and only had a lamb sausage for breakfast. But just before I got hungry and had a huge urge for fatty, spicy chicken nibbles, which I just had cooked in ghee and coconut oil. I love having fat dripping down my chin LOL

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the words of support guys! I wasn't really worried, but it was so different from the first few weeks where I mostly was able to eat when I was hungry and fasted every few days.

I wound up eating an unknown amount of grilled mahi mahi and bacon that my wonderful husband made for me after I got home and was like "MEAT!"

I didn't even feel full...it was strange...I feel good today though. Just had 3 eggs, and I'm taking a huge amount of the fish with me for lunch...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I had one of those days not long ago. There was some leftover t-bone steak in the fridge, and my partner almost fell over laughing when he came into the kitchen and caught me gnawing it off the bone while leaning against the kitchen counter.
    That picture in my mind is very primal!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it happens to me too when I am very hungry & had sufficient starch (or at least that's how I niterpret it). At times, I even crave raw meat, rather than cooked one, mostly because our grass-fed meat looks and smells so darn good. I ate a few raw pieces a couple of times, and they were very yum. I do crave carbs too at other times.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast