This is a topic that has interested me for some time. Why do young and fit athletes in training suddenly keel over and, usually, die before help can arrive? Recently there have been high profile ones:

1. Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba collapsed during a game, but survived
2. Italian football player Piermario Morosini collapsed on the pitch (did not survive) during a Serie B game for Livorno last month
2. And today a story (link blow) on Alexander Dale Oen, a world champion swimmer who was one of Norway's top medal hopes for the London Olympics, died from cardiac arrest after collapsing in his bathroom during a training camp in Flagstaff, Arizona. He was 26.

Read more: 'Out-of-the-body experience': Norway stunned by death of Olympic swimmer

I know there have been a few US basketballers and footballers over the years too - an how many are there we never hear about?

I can't help but wonder if this rise in young deaths from apparent heart problems can be linked to the last 50 years of high carb, low fat diet, for everyone, not just athletes. Is it harming development in an unseen way so that when the heart is placed under stress it fails? Is some essential nutrient lacking, or are all the grains just causing too much inflammation, which lies unseen until a crisis hits?

I'd be interested in hearing other's views, but no 'flaming' please, we can share and exchange views without being rude to each other.

I am just expressing some purely speculative thoughts and would be interested in what other Primal followers think.