Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never breast fed page

PrimalFish is offline Junior Member

Never breast fed

Primal Fuel
    Reading the book and loving it...just found out I was never breast fed and how that can cause immune problems...guess there's nothing I can do to try and reverse this now?....any vitamins or special foods, etc?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Huh, hadn't heard of the book. You can't undo what has been done, but you can continue to feed your body well and support your gut with a complex probiotic.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    You cannot reverse any malformations that came with that. Once you're an adult and you're done growing and bone is set in place, there is only surgery.
    I wasn't breast fed either, and on top of it my mother wasn't either, and on top of that my Mother was on a bread/white sugar/starvation diet when I was concieved.
    I wasn't thriving, was underweight as a child, dark cirlces, intestinal swelling that gave me a belly like starving children from Ethiopia. The right side of my face has less bone laid down, making my right side slightly smaller than the left side of my face. Teeth were therefor crooked on the right side only, wisdom teeth were impacted. I have less blood vessels in the right side of my face. Hearing is not as good and my eyesight is also not optimal on the right side.
    I had severe allergies, although in hte 70's allergies in my country was something unheard of so I had to live with it. My intestines were never really closed up (Colostrum in mothersmilk) and so I've dealt with leaky gut since childhood.

Here is the thing.
    I've been having braces (Damon) for the last 1.5 years and they're supposed to widen the dental arch. Even with a primal diet, raw milk, bone broth, high vitamin butter oil, etc...for bone health and new bone formation...the progress on my right side has been slow, while things move rather quickly on the left, fully developed side of the face. I grew more cheekbone on the left side than on my right (underdeveloped side).
    My Ortho told me that good blood supply is necessary for good, healthy bone development and since the right side of my face lacks vessels and therefor blood supply, the bone deformity will never be 'cured'.

So, all the people undergoing this dental arch widening, thinking they can fix something as an adult that could've been prevented during pregnancy/early childhood are just hoping for a miracle cure. If both sides of the face are underdeveloped (no cheekbones, droopy eyes that show a lot of white under the iris) there is absolutely nothing other than surgery that you can do to reverse this.

My question though is now:
    What did you want to reverse?

billp is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy this. My grandmother (97) said once she while watching my son being breast fed that she "never had much milk", so I infer that my father was not breast fed and he turned out fine, in fact very well. He doesn't have any allergies and is very healthy in his mid-sixties and always has been. I think the confidence that a loving home family gives is more important. That being said, I was breast fed, as were both my children, and I am sure it is better. Just people can over-emphasise these very early stages. Huge numbers of bottle fed babies turn out totally fine. Mothers who have Caesarian deliveries often have no other option - I don't agree with medically unnecessary Caesarians but it seems to work out ok.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I feel like people like to blame something or someone for their problems. When I hear someone blaming their auto immune diseases or allergies on not being breast fed, that is exactly what that is.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I don't buy this. My grandmother (97) said once she while watching my son being breast fed that she "never had much milk", so I infer that my father was not breast fed and he turned out fine, in fact very well. He doesn't have any allergies and is very healthy in his mid-sixties and always has been. I think the confidence that a loving home family gives is more important. That being said, I was breast fed, as were both my children, and I am sure it is better. Just people can over-emphasise these very early stages. Huge numbers of bottle fed babies turn out totally fine. Mothers who have Caesarian deliveries often have no other option - I don't agree with medically unnecessary Caesarians but it seems to work out ok.
    "Fine" doesn't always equal healthy or optimal. There are millions of "fine" people walking around that are on pills, suffering from minor or major maladies in their everyday lives that they've come to think of as "normal" because they know no other alternative. Are they fine? Sure. Could they have been better? Probably. Could exclusive breastfeeding for the first 8-12 months of their life have contributed for the positive? The science says yes.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    "Fine" doesn't always equal healthy or optimal. There are millions of "fine" people walking around that are on pills, suffering from minor or major maladies in their everyday lives that they've come to think of as "normal" because they know no other alternative. Are they fine? Sure. Could they have been better? Probably. Could exclusive breastfeeding for the first 8-12 months of their life have contributed for the positive? The science says yes.
    Not in the case of my father. He really seems fine.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Not in the case of my father. He really seems fine.
    lol, of course he does. I doubt that breast feeding as an infant makes any noticeable difference as an adult.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    lol, of course he does. I doubt that breast feeding as an infant makes any noticeable difference as an adult.
    Geez you really have no clue about anything do you?

To the OP, just continue to feed your body optimal food and get healthier that way.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    either does feeding your kid a primal diet vs. just cutting out junk food. no one's going to look at my kids in 20 years and say "that kid was raised on primal!" just like they're not going to say "that kid was breastfed for 3 years just like michael jordan!"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast