Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibram VS Minimus page

amckenna is offline Junior Member

Vibram VS Minimus

I either use the minimus shoes or am barefoot for most of my workouts. My roommate loves the vibrams though.
    Any thoughts on which is better?

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Whatever feels best, to you. I have my reasons for preferring Vibrams, but another friend of mine likes the Merrel, because they fit his feet better.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

BamaAla is offline Member
    I was reading the other day that the Vibrams bett mimic being barefoot, but I can't speak to that with any certainty. I would love to wear the Vibrams, but my webbed toes prevent them for me. Good luck on your shoe hunt.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The vibrams allow better splay for my feet. They feel the most like being barefoot. The Merrells are too narrow for me to even buy. The NB Minimus Trail fits pretty well, but is snug enough that there isn't much splay allowed. The Minimus sole seems to be wearing down a lot from running on pavement. I haven't had the VFF long enough to know how they wear.

I like them both for different purposes. The VFF are ugly, and I got some on clearance in a particularly ugly color. The Minimus is much more normal-looking.

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I originally purchased my 5Fingers a couple of months before my NB Min...
    While I liked them (VFF) I didnt like the way they looked and was excited to purchase not one but two pairs of the NB Minimus'...

IMO the VFF are much much better. The Min does not accomplish the same thing. I also find they are uncomfortable on the toes (squeezing them together to the point it hurts to walk if you do a long walk, or sprints). I have a narrow foot and am surprised at how uncomfortable they are on extended walks.

The VFF are funny looking, smell, and a bit of a pain to put on, but they are a much better "shoe" IMO.
    Last edited by PeacefulWarrior; 05-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior View Post
    I originally purchased my 5Fingers a couple of months before my NB Min...
    While I liked them (VFF) I didnt like the way they looked and was excited to purchase not one but two pairs of the NB Minimus'...

IMO the VFF are much much better. The Min does not accomplish the same thing. I also find they are uncomfortable on the toes (squeezing them together to the point it hurts to walk if you do a long walk, or sprints). I have a narrow foot and am surprised at how uncomfortable they are on extended walks.

The VFF are funny looking, smell, and a bit of a pain to put on, but they are a much better "shoe" IMO.
    I can vouch for all three instances, here. However, the painfulness with respect to putting them on has lessened greatly. But, it doesn't mean the process's a total cakewalk.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    The vibrams allow better splay for my feet. They feel the most like being barefoot. The Merrells are too narrow for me to even buy. The NB Minimus Trail fits pretty well, but is snug enough that there isn't much splay allowed. The Minimus sole seems to be wearing down a lot from running on pavement. I haven't had the VFF long enough to know how they wear.

I like them both for different purposes. The VFF are ugly, and I got some on clearance in a particularly ugly color. The Minimus is much more normal-looking.
    I think I was lucky to find the pair I did: in my size (38M), and my desired color (black); and desired model (KSO).

amckenna is offline Junior Member
    My minimus fit really well. They are comfortable even on long walks or runs. Also I think they are a great trail shoe, because they do offer a little more protection from jagged rocks and rough terrain. They are a perfect approach shoe for rock climbing when you need that combo of agility and protection. And yes, they look a lot cooler than VFF, so that counts in my book.

I tried to put on a pair of VFF at a store and couldnt even get my foot in so my vote stays with the minimus.

johnnywhisky01 is offline Junior Member
    I have the Minimus Trail Zero. It might just be me, but they took a really long time to break in. It was super comfortable at the store. But after an hour or so, it would really hurt my second toe (longer than big toe). But now, not so much. I do love the design, though. Futuristic. Not so keen on the VFF look.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I adore my Minimus'! I have huge big toes and dodgy little toes so I can't see the 5F ever working for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast