Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because I can Baby !!! page

Brandy72 is offline Junior Member

Because I can Baby !!!

Primal Fuel
    Hey you....lookin' pretty perky today momma. Feeling good on this primal path, admit it.

I am actually. How odd it is that this has so clicked for me? I have read every book and the whole avoid carbs and sugar song and dance has always sent me running. (yeah, like I run. ha ha) But this book, this amazing, life guide just called to me and delivered me to a wonderful place of inner knowledge. This is who I am and this is how I will live. Primally.

And honestly the sexy pics of Mark helped too !!!!! Helllllooo Daddy Would it be creepy to admit that I made him my screen saver on my phone?? probably.

Starting my second week strong. Down 4lbs my first week. Excuse me while I gyrate all my womanly curves in extreme rapture. 4 pounds lost for this sugar/wheat whore is immense. So immense, I try not to dwell on it because it makes me sad to think of the years I have wasted being fat, in pain and broken and chasing the carb high. So many experiences avoided, so many dreams abandoned.

STOP! Stop. Stop. Stop. STOP! Breathe and Shake it off.

I will not waste a moment of today on yesterday's regrets. I am not that person.

I am the person who is excited about what tomorrow holds for me. What can I learn? Who can I help? What is next on this sexy crazy adventure?

I will fully embrace all the potential and wonders of tomorrow. PRIMALLY.

Homework:

I commit to study more of my PB guide daily and to seek support from the crew at MDA. They are awesome.
    Try new recipes, esp ready to go snacks. Make a heavy bag to toss with the kids, or at the kids. Stinkers.

Female (obviously)
    Stay at home Goddess - Mom of 3.
    Wife of 20 years.

Starting Weight: 227 lbs at 5'5"

Down: 4 lbs.

Current: 223

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Nice work on dropping weight in the first week! That's an awesome start! Welcome to the MDA community.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Thanks Chick. I appreciate the welcome girl.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I hear you on finally finding the key! I am a mom of 2 and still above my initial prepreggo weight. I wish you luck on this journey, it has been amazing 3 months for me since giving up wheat and an awesome month since finding PB.

Great job, keep it up!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Big Challenge coming up this weekend and all the planning that goes along with a celebration. My son is turning 13 this Sunday! Trying to assemble a mental plan on staying as Primal as possible but not wanting the family to feel I am not celebrating too. Guilt is a bitch and so is my Mom who can in one breathe ask me why I'm so fat, then spin her head around in a Medusa 360 and tell me she made me brownies because she felt like baking. Asian mothers are the root of great evil and mental distress.

IF I choose to indulge ---- it will be one meal only. NOT the entire day or ugggh the ENTIRE WEEKEND! That was the old Non Primal me. This new Primal Mommy is not food obsessed and that is a wonderful, freeing experience and somewhat scary.

I have a huge buttload of mental free time now that I am not counting calories or counting "Points". I must pursue something fun and new to occupy that now empty mental wheel.

Yesterday's Primal Success - First day without Dark Chocolate, it just wasn't whispering sexy things in my ear and I was able to handle my day without a fix. WHOA ! Big Big accomplishment for me. I cannot recall the last time I went a day without chocolate. Possibly while giving birth, but even that might not be true.

Yesterday's Primal Slump - Not enough moving, less than 1000 steps. Lazy day mentally and physically. Spent 4 hours driving the kids around. Plan ahead and work those steps in ! Fitbit everyday, no fail.

Homework - Need to get my Cook On! Pack the freezer with ready to go meals and pack the frig with quick n ready Primal go to foods. Look into making Jerky at home.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I made grain free chocolate cupcakes for DD's 4th birthday party. Low sugar and everyone LOVED them. Let me know if you'd like the recipe or google "grain free wife" as that's where I got the recipe from. I used a mix of sugar and honey. Then you can have a cupcake without getting too far off track. And I bet no one will know unless you tell them!

Thanks Teach! Sounds like a winning plan of yumminess.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    "guilt is a bitch and so is my mom"

I DIED

Pinup is offline Member
    HIGH FIVE, lady.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast