Thread: Zucchini Hummus

Zucchini Hummus

Shop Now
    Hi guys!

I've been reading the site and forums for weeks, but I only just started eating primal - had to wait until after my stepdad's birthday because I can't resist my mom's cakes...

Anyway, the biggest thing I knew I'd be missing was hummus. I practically ate it for lunch every day. So I found a recipe for cauliflower hummus and it was terrible. But it got me thinking that zucchini would be a great medium to make hummus. I looked it up and sure enough, I found a recipe and it's delicious!

My question is:
    Now I really miss pita bread or pretzels to dip in it. I'm not a big fan of dipping vegetables in hummus, but I could get used to it I guess. Does anybody have suggestions for something I could use instead?

I'm open for anything.

Thanks,
    Kristen

Just realized this should probably be in "Recipes" so I'm going to go post it over there.

Sorry about that!

hummus...loved it, especially w/ extra olive oil and good kalamata olives. But there is something textural missing w/o the crunch. This was posted and I've not tried it yet but the comments included a bunch of good suggestions too:

A Cruncy Paleo/Primal Nut Recipe | Mark's Daily Apple

Now...what recipe did you use for the zucchini version? i'd love to try.

I got the recipe from here:

Perfect Raw Hummus For Raw Wednesday

It was really easy and fast to make, and SO good!

Those crackers look delicious btw!

I've been wanting to try zucchini hummus. I like to put a dollop on top of my salad or on top of sauteed vegetables.

I've been tempted to try this one but haven't yet. I just bought a cauliflower - maybe I'll give it a try.

Ode to Hummus The Cavewoman Cafe
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Shop Now
    I found that cauliflower has a really strong flavor and it wasn't very good as hummus at all. Of course, that's probably because I've been eating hummus almost every day up until I decided to go primal so I'm used to how it's supposed to taste.