Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast page

T4Turtle is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Fast

Primal Fuel
    Decided to try fasting with 8-16-8 hour intervals and it was easy, after being on this diet for almost 3 weeks. Before eating this way I would get cranky, spacey, and really feel it in my stomach when it was "time" to eat.

Started the 8-16-8 routine last Thursaday, then on Saturday for lunch I had steak and vegetables, woke up the next day and cooked my wife breakfast and skipped it myself. I then worked around the yard and in the garage all day, finishing up the day going to the grocery store and getting dinner and cooking it. This was a 22 hour fast, and if it was not late in the day I could have easily made it 24 hours.

I felt like I lost a decent amount of weight, but do not have a scale to check, but my belt was a notch tighter.

I think I'll try to skip dinner tonight, not sure about going to bed hungry, but have to try.

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I'm new, so forgive me if this is common primal knowledge. Is this safe to do? I want to start doing some fasts, but didn't know how to go about it.
    Danni

Quote Originally Posted by dantonn9 View Post
    Ok, I'm new, so forgive me if this is common primal knowledge. Is this safe to do? I want to start doing some fasts, but didn't know how to go about it.
    I was concerned at first, but once you are past the carb flu and have been eating Primal for 2+ weeks it is easy. You can search for Fast on MDA and find all of the blogs written about it.

Try to eat dinner tonight and just skip breakfast and eat lunch tomorrow, 16 hour fast, it was easy for me. It would not have been easy the way I was eating previous (SAD).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    They are perfectly safe to do.
    The idea is not to starve yourself. When you are eating good fats you are satiated for much longer, and need to each much less.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you did great!!

It was waaaay easier than I thought also. I dont have any trouble skipping breakfast. Today I wanted to try to make it all day, or at least until Supper but I gave into a small late lunch. I will try again tomorrow

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Its absolutely safe, especially if you break the fast when your body tells you to. You're not starving yourself if you eat when you're hungry, and don't eat when you're not.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Going for 24 hours today. Skipped dinner last night, and plan on lunch today and feel great! I also made the butter stuffed chicken kiev recipe from the blog a couple days ago last night and was fine with not eating it, going to have it for lunch today, if I am hungry enough.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    The last couple weeksI have done a 40 hour fast. 8pm Sunday to 12pm Tuesday. Once you're fat adapted, it's not bad.

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dantonn9 View Post
    Mark just finished a 7-part blog post on fasting last week - here's part one:

How Fasting Aids Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, let me ask you this. When you do eat, how much do you eat? I know till full, but a regular meals worth? Do you have a little extra? That has probably been asked and answered somewhere already, I should look for it.

I am going for 24 today. But I am getting hungry, well it comes and goes. So I just drink some water and get busy doing something and it passes. I have had 2 coffees, if I have another before 2, and then a decent size supper, I should be at about 1160 calories (I already tracked it so I would know) I could add some nuts or more veggies probably. An egg to my salad, or more venison also.

When I started primal, I had many lo-cal days (weeks), 800 - 900, just trying to figure out what to eat, and then some 1000 days but I was always pretty full. And then a few weeks ago, I discovered butter.... and ghee... and coconut oil, so I have been able to get to the 1300 - 1500 most days, the occasional 1200 here and there.

I dont know if these numbers matter at all. That might be answered in the "starvation mode" threads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast