Thread: Goodbye to evil chemicals! page 8

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Food today:
    B- bacon, scrambled egg in butter
    L- roast pork, banana
    T- lamb chops, carrots, broccoli
    S- 2xplums, satsuma

I've been ploughing through Wheat Belly this week, what an interesting read! Will really make me think twice about the occasional wheat... Lately i've been succumbing to the cakes in work (people bring them in on their birthday for the rest of the company). For months i was quite comfortably able to say no, and not actually care that i wasn't having one. The last few weeks have been harder and i don't know why? Having read Wheat Belly i really WON'T be joining in...

I want to finish the book tomorrow so i can pass it to my dad on Sunday, he'll enjoy it too!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    I have a nasty feeling i'm boring people with my mundane posts (sorryyyyy!!!!) It just helps me to recap at the end of the day, plus it helps me build up a picture over time whether the migraines have improved etc.

Night all, sleep well xx
    Nope, not bored. We started primal about the same time and you have great ideas for meals here and it's good to hear your progress. WEll done.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Nope, not bored. We started primal about the same time and you have great ideas for meals here and it's good to hear your progress. WEll done.
    Thanks Annie... i love your meal ideas as well!

It has been a while since i last updated, i have preferred to read other people's threads rather than post my own thoughts!

Primal is still working really well for me, it's pretty effortless most of the time. Eating this way really does help my health and i feel so much better for it. I was daft last week and had some cake, i paid for it for days!!!! No plans to do that again any time soon i can promise you! No cake is worth days of an upset stomach, hell no!

My meal plan currently looks something like this:
    B- bacon, egg and veg
    L- chicken / pork / turkey and a truck load of veg
    T - roast duck / steak / lamb chops and a truck load of veg
    S - 2 or 3 pieces of fruit if wanted, maybe some left over cold meat
    drinks - water with sliced lemon

I saw some friends i haven't seen for a few months recently, and they all said my skin looked so much healthier, and i look younger. This is something i haven't noticed, as i see my face every day, so that was quite interesting (and good!!) to hear. I've also dropped 3-4 dress sizes now! It's costing me a lot of money to keep replacing clothes, so i'm trying not to buy too much and waiting to see what size i stabalise as. I did buy a skirt in the sale today for 1 though, bargain!

I love my veg. I get withdrawals if i don't eat enough!! You can't beat a big helping of broccoli and carrots with a blob of butter....I do eat other veg but most days i have broccoli and carrots at least once

I started my 30 day Shred dvd today. I'm aching tonight so dread to think how i'll feel tomorrow haha. I can manage most of it but my body reallly doesn't like the sit ups. I can do a few and then can't get more than an inch off the floor no matter how hard i try. It'll be interesting to see if i can improve!

That's it from me tonight, i'm off to read a few threads now
    x

I had quite an interesting conversation with a relative earlier. Interesting because he was referred to a nurse for diet advice for high blood pressure and was verging on diabetic with his blood sugars. The nurse recommended that he go lower carb, eg drop rice, bread, pasta, potatoes etc and try and eat less processed foods. I was really quite surprised to hear this advice, and pleased of course.

He knows what my diet consists of, and has seen me drop a few dress sizes. However, he can't get past the dropping bread thing. He said oh no, dropping bread would be impossible...i just love it too much, plus it goes really well with xyz.. I told him my experience and hope that it helps... I think he's still in denial, not quite ready for it yet. I hope he thinks it over and does some research.

The first time i heard of primal/paleo i thought it sounded extremely difficult and i dismissed it for a few months. On realising bread was making me very unwell i came back round to it and realised i could actually give it a go. I'm so glad i found MDA or i could be as ill as i was last year still.

B- bacon, banana
    L- turkey, broccoli, carrot, sprouts, butter
    T - pork, 2 satsumas

Food today:
    B- bacon, mushroom, onion, 2 scrambled eggs
    L- roast pork with jacket potato and butter (i know some people avoid potatoes but i'm experimenting adding them back in)
    T - roast lamb with garlic, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, butter
    S- satsuma, banana, grapes
    water with lemon

I've strayed a bit into sugar territory recently so i'm trying to get back into life without it. Thankfully it hasn't involved wheat but it has to stop, it's a slippery slope. I also feel happier when i'm sticking to this way of life 100%. For some reason i struggle to be 80 or 90%. I can't stop at one thing off track, i then have it the next day, and then the next, and then 2 or 3 times a day. Sugar really seems to mess with my hunger signals and i get obsessive about getting another 'hit!' It's strange, fruit doesn't seem to affect me in the same way.

I'm not going to worry about eating too much for a few days and just keep it clean. Whatever it takes to satiate my hunger, hence the jacket potato and butter!

B- bacon, broccoli and carrots
    L - pork, apple, broccoli and carrots
    T - duck legs with....broccoli and carrots!!!!
    S - grapes

I think i need to venture out and pick up some more veg, it's only as i've written it down i've just realised my obsession

Roast duck legs, my favourite meal tonight, so satisfying.

PrimalCon New York
    I've been struggling recently, well the last 3 months in all honesty. I reckon i am currently 90% primal (which i know isn't good), but i don't think this works for me, i need to be 100%. When i was 100% it was more or less effortless. I've been having some sugar and it has turned me into a sugar junkie. I've been binging a bit as well, which i never used to do. I desperately need to get back to what i know is right for me and what works.

There have been a couple of other factors in play here as well though. I've been worrying about whether i was being made redundant (found out last week i'm keeping my job, huge relief). My OH works evenings and i'm at home with his mum most nights and i struggle to relax. I've been comfort eating from the minute OH leaves for work. The fridge broke two weeks ago and so far the replacement hasn't been delivered yet! I have been finding it hard to cook my 3 meals with fresh ingredients and am shopping twice a day at the moment.

I am currently on medication which i would need to stop in order to conceive. I started the process of weaning myself off the meds 3 weeks ago. I should be spending the next 3 months getting my body in the best possible shape, not binging and comfort eating

So here is the plan:
    As of tomorrow. No more sugar. Back to primal 100%. Eat substantial meals to avoid the urge to comfort eat. Plan my meals a bit better to avoid getting caught out with nothing primal to eat (tricky at the moment with no fridge but not impossible). Dig out my 30 Day Shred DVD and really try to complete it. Visualise all the good the meat, eggs, veg and fruit is doing my body. Dig out my Primal Blueprint book and read it again. Dig out Wheat Belly and read it again!

I've just re-read my journal to see how i did the first time round. I might have a bit of carb flu this time but nothing like what i experienced previously. At least i'm not trying to kick a diet pepsi addiction as well this time!

My parents started primal about the same time as i did last year. I lost 48lb (i think?), my dad's now lost 50lb and my mum has lost 28lb. I knew they were looking amazing but i'd forgotten what a belly my dad had last year. He showed me their before and after pictures, amazing!!! They look so well. I could probably do with losing another 7-14lb. It's strange though, when i look in the mirror now i still see the obese person i was before. I've had my old photo's out trying to show myself how far i've come but i'm still struggling. Think i'd best get my tape measure out and measure my stomach and prove to myself how much it has shrunk!

Confession over x

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678