Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to evil chemicals! page 7

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congrats on your progress - I just read your whole journal, and you're enthusiasm is inspirational!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you are doing so great! Congratulations Your diet looks so clean and delicious. I think I'm going to get some duck after reading all your posts. I'm so glad you ditched the artificial sweetener.

Keep up the great work and let us know if your migraines continue to improve.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    And congratulations from me too It's been interesting reading your journey (I haven't seen your thread before today).

How did you go sourcing nitrate free bacon? I'm very lucky, I live in a food bowl and our butcher only sources grass fed animals. He also smokes nitrate free bacon and hams (at xmas time for the hams). It's no more expensive than his nitrate version, both are more expensive than the supermarket crap. But that's ok, cos his is real and healthy

If you havne't been able to get it yet, I was going to suggest approaching teh farmer. Any boutique farms near you???
    Ahh thanks Bron The only place i have been able to find nitrate free bacon is online! I was out of work for a while and i got my first full pay packet today so i will be placing an order tonight! They also do 98.5% meat sausages with no filler or preservatives so i'll be getting some of them too. Wow, you're so lucky to have a butcher like that nearby....my local butcher was very proud telling me his sausages were 60% meat - eek, no thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Congrats on your progress - I just read your whole journal, and you're enthusiasm is inspirational!
    Ahh thank you Piscator...i hope you're getting on ok too

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Glad to see you are doing so great! Congratulations Your diet looks so clean and delicious. I think I'm going to get some duck after reading all your posts. I'm so glad you ditched the artificial sweetener.

Keep up the great work and let us know if your migraines continue to improve.
    Thanks for stopping by Jammies Yes, i have been trying to really keep it clean, lots of meat, veg, fruit and water. I don't use recipes very often, i've just been sticking to the basics.

Oh yes, roast duck, basted for nice crispy skin....lovely! Enjoy!

Well my online order of nitrate free bacon and preservative/filler free sausages turned up earlier, and i'm so pleased! Is it weird i was so looking forward to my delivery?

We had sausages earlier, ahh man they were delicious! Worth every penny....

I've had a good and productive week. I've lost 29lb since i started 13 weeks ago and 5 inches off my stomach. I bought a skirt in a smaller size this week too. This is costing me lots of money to keep replacing clothes I've kept my 'favourite' skirt for the last 5 years in the hope that one day i'll wear it again. Yesterday i tried it on and for the first time in 5 years it fits..and it's not tight, it fits properly. That's a big WIN for me...

I saw my brother for the first time in about 6 weeks last weekend and his reaction to my weight loss was priceless. His reaction tells me how much better i am looking as well. I think when you see yourself in the mirror every day you don't notice the small changes so his reaction really made my day.

I was sat in work the other day and i was clasping my hands together in a meeting and i suddenly thought 'omg my hands have shrunk!' hehe It's the small pleasures in life!

I'm planning quite a relaxing weekend after a busy week. Duck legs roasting in the oven, fruit for dessert....

Have a good weekend everyone x

I've been following primal for 13 weeks now and i absolutely love it. 6 weeks ago my Dad started it and has lost 16lb already. We had a great conversation on the phone last night about how easy it is compared to SAD which just leaves you wanting more and hungry. I can't imagine any reason why i'd ever go back to what i was eating before.

My brother started primal on Friday as well Dear bro, if you're reading this i'm SO proud of you....words can't express how i feel. Keep going, you can do it xxx

Time for a quick update from me

I've been following primal for 17 weeks now and i love it, i never want to go back.

Weight wise i've lost 34.5lb and 6 inches off my stomach. I've dropped 2 definite dress sizes in this time too.

My IBS has cleared up. Migraines have been a lot better but haven't disappeared altogether. I'm convinced that food plays a major role in them, particularly preservatives, but there are other factors as well.

We went out for tea one night, steak and veggies, and for the first time i had grain - 4 battered onion rings. Oh maaan, 4 days of IBS! Crippling pains....my belly really was not happy with me! Makes me realise what that stuff was doing to me before. I won't be doing that again!!

I've been getting lots of compliments about my weightloss and people have been enquiring how i've done it. I have explained a bit but tend to get 'i can't give up bread' a lot. I really shouldn't bother describing what i eat but i guess i'm just so happy to find something that WORKS and is EASY. There was one lady who pissed me off a bit to be honest. I was in work and she said i had lost too much weight, looking gaunt around the face. How insulting is that! It's not even true...i'm not going to eat crap to make her feel better about herself.

I feel like there's more i want to say but my brain is shutting down for the night. Night all xx

Time for another update

I've now almost reached the 6 months mark and i really need to get my progress photos done again!

Weight loss has slowed down (well, 38.5lb on primal, 48 in total) but body comp keeps improving. I'm down 2 maybe even 3 dress sizes and 7 inches off my belly.

My favourite meal at the moment is lamb chops (fried in coconut oil!) with broccoli and cabbage. Mmmmm. Simple but delicious. Other favourites are a whole roast chicken (well i don't eat the whole thing but sometimes it's reaaallly tempting!!) I also love roast duck legs. I can't talk about favourite foods without mentioning bacon. Delicious bacon. But not smoked bacon, as that gives me a migraine.

I used to drink squash and soda all day, now i drink plain tap water with slices of lemon.

My copy of Primal Blueprint has been passed round friends and family and i am pleased to say there have been a few recruits! My dad has lost 38lb and my mum has lost (at the last count) 21lb. They seem really happy eating this way. My dad used to follow Atkins but finds this easier to maintain.

I went clothes shopping last week and actually enjoyed it. I tried a fitted dress on and i still can't believe how i looked in it. For the last 5 years i have worn baggy clothes to hide my belly. To try a fitted dress on and feel good in it was an amazing feeling.

I can't imagine what would happen in my life that would make me drop primal. I love it. I find my meals satisfying and my hunger levels are under control.

I have taken up pilates to try and strengthen my core for lower back issues. I've found a really good class, i have to be quick off the mark to book a place or it gets fully booked. I am also part way through a couch to 5k running programme. I wouldn't like to attempt running it with an additional 48lb strapped to my back!

My migraines haven't gone away but they are better than they were. I really think the dose of magnesium i take each day helps and would recommend that to anyone who suffers. If i stray off the primal path i pay for it with a sore head. Good motivation to keep to it Mentally i feel better eating this way, more in control.

If anyone out there is considering trying primal, do it! Do it for 30 days, be honest with yourself and give it 100%. Then see how you feel.
    Last edited by hulahoop; 10-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.

I've been really good for 6 months and let a couple of things creep in over the last 2 weeks it's like the sugar wheat monster is back!! My belly is making some very odd noises and it's really pissed off with me. I'm pissed off with me. I've ordered Wheat Belly as it seems relevant!

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Re the bacon, this place sells nitrate free Buy Organic Meat Online, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken - Organic Meat & Food - Laverstoke Park Farm | Laverstoke Park Farm
    Also try looking for local farm shops, a lot of them carry local meat and produce. If they dont carry something they might be able to tell you where to get it or even sometimes source it for you. I never shop at the big grocery stores any more, i can get everything I need fairly local
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Re the bacon, this place sells nitrate free Buy Organic Meat Online, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken - Organic Meat & Food - Laverstoke Park Farm | Laverstoke Park Farm
    Also try looking for local farm shops, a lot of them carry local meat and produce. If they dont carry something they might be able to tell you where to get it or even sometimes source it for you. I never shop at the big grocery stores any more, i can get everything I need fairly local
    Hi DinoHunter, thanks for the link. I actually tried their nitrate free bacon and sausages a few months ago! Oh man, the sausages were lovely! I think i'll get some ordered when i next get paid...I rang round a few farm shops but they didn't sell nitrate free, but thanks for the suggestions. Nice to know i'm not always just waffling on to myself

Well i've been and done a big shop tonight, stocked up on fresh veggies, fruit and meat. Didn't buy any rubbish.

Food today:

B- banana
    L- ribeye steak, broccoli, carrots
    S- bacon
    T -lamb chops, broccoli, carrots, greens
    S-tangarine

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast