Thread: Goodbye to evil chemicals! page 6

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 24:

B- bacon, pork loin chop, mushrooms, egg
    L - chicken, boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, pepper, cucumber, radish
    S- banana, strawberries
    T- beef steak, mushrooms, kale, broccoli

My head has been really sore today, i think it's because we've got a mini heatwave going on here at the moment! I drank 2.5 litres of water but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. I believe it's going to be hotter tomorrow and i'm at the rescue centre. I hope there's a breeze!!

Day 25:
    B- bacon
    L- boiled eggs, chicken, tomato, cucumber, pepper
    T- roast duck legs, kale, broccoli
    S- strawberries

Day 26:
    B- bacon, pork loin chop, mushrooms
    L - chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber, pepper
    S - banana
    T- beef steak, kale, broccoli, mushrooms
    S - chicken

Day 27:
    B- pork loin chop, bacon, mushrooms
    L- chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber, pepper, strawberries
    T - beef steak, kale, cabbage, broccoli
    S- banana

Not much to report, still 100% on track and happier for it.
    Last edited by hulahoop; 05-30-2012 at 10:14 AM.

If anyone is reading my diary, please let me know if you think my food is off in any way? I'm just trying to concentrate on meat and veg as much as possible, no additives, but if there are any suggestions they'd be gratefully received. Thanks

edit - i'm aiming to lose weight
    Last edited by hulahoop; 05-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Day 28:

B - bacon, pork loin chop, egg, mushrooms
    L- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, pepper, chicken, avocado
    T - chicken, bacon, kale, cabbage

Day 29:
    S - banana
    B - bacon, egg, mushrooms
    L - chicken, avocado, radish, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
    T - roast duck legs (well worth the wait!) kale, broccoli

I weighed myself today and i've now lost 12.5lb I'm not weighing myself for the whole of June now, i'm doing the whole30.

I got the job i had an interview for last week! So i start my new job in just over 2 weeks time My old stuff was looking a bit tired so i've bought 5 new work tops (in a smaller size i must add, oh yeah!!) I can get away with my suit as i've only had it a few months. I'm really looking forward to it, although it will feel strange having been unemployed following redundancy for a year!

The Olympic Torch is in my hometown this week so we're going to go and cheer on the relay. It's not like we're likely to see it again?

Night all xx

Evening all....

I've stopped tracking my food daily, now that i've got an understanding of what is working for me! It's quite liberating to cook a meal and just put it on the plate and eat it rather than weigh and write it down somewhere It's such a relief!

I successfully negotiated my way round a menu at lunchtime today and had a chicken and bacon salad with a side dish of veggies. I barely read the rest of the menu and just focused in on something i could have. I had it without the bread bun, dressing and croutons and was happy with my choice.

Interestingly, at lunch my friend's OH, who is diabetic, is following a way of eating that is primal in all but name, and it's really helping to keep down the amount of insulin he needs. It was interesting to talk to someone who has seen first hand the health benefits and doesn't look at you like you've got 2 heads for drifting away from CW/SAD.

**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

Evening all,

Well i am 3 months into my Primal way of eating/living and i couldn't be happier.

I've lost 28 lb in 3 months and 4 inches off my stomach. I can't quite believe it?! I will post some before and after pics on the photo thread later.

Overall i feel healthier and happier, and very content with this way of eating. I strive for 100% and have pretty much achieved this bar the very occasional lapse (and i'm talking one weekend away, and even then i was 90%). I drink water all the time now, no coke, squash or fruit juices. I look forward to fruit and enjoy it so much more. I think now i haven't got sweet things in my diet, fruit is like a treat, and so enjoyable.

I have noticed some improvement in my migraines and headaches, enough for me to want to continue like this forever. I also take magnesium which i think helps. My IBS symptoms have GONE.

I've learnt in the last 3 months that the vast majority of people aren't interested in primal, as the thought of giving up bread or cakes seems too hard. It's a shame really, as I do believe a lot of people would feel so much better if they gave it a try.

My relationship with food has changed. I can now quite happily scan a menu and pick out something I can eat without dwelling on the things that aren't good for me. I see food more as sustenance rather than treats - that's not to say I don't enjoy my food, I do, but i'm not obsessed with food like I was before. I suspect it was the sugar that made me a bit obsessive....

My favourite meal at the moment would be roast duck legs with broccoli So simple but delicious. Follow that with some fresh fruit - blueberries and apricots, lovely! And bacon....where would I be without bacon!!!!!! Bacon fixes everything. Ok I am obsessed with bacon.

I've been trying to take on board some of the other aspects of Primal, eg relaxing, playing etc. I've recently started to go to a kayaking group and i'm learning how to paddle That's got to be Primal, right?! It's great fun.
    xx
    Last edited by hulahoop; 07-26-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: don't want to confuse!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    **UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

Evening all,

Well i am 3 months into my Primal way of eating/living and i couldn't be happier.

I've lost exactly 2 stone in 3 months and 4 inches off my stomach. I can't quite believe it?! I will post some before and after pics on the photo thread later.

Overall i feel healthier and happier, and very content with this way of eating. I strive for 100% and have pretty much achieved this bar the very occasional lapse (and i'm talking one weekend away, and even then i was 90%). I drink water all the time now, no coke, squash or fruit juices. I look forward to fruit and enjoy it so much more. I think now i haven't got sweet things in my diet, fruit is like a treat, and so enjoyable.

I have noticed some improvement in my migraines and headaches, enough for me to want to continue like this forever. I also take magnesium which i think helps. My IBS symptoms have GONE.

I've learnt in the last 3 months that the vast majority of people aren't interested in primal, as the thought of giving up bread or cakes seems too hard. It's a shame really, as I do believe a lot of people would feel so much better if they gave it a try.

My relationship with food has changed. I can now quite happily scan a menu and pick out something I can eat without dwelling on the things that aren't good for me. I see food more as sustenance rather than treats - that's not to say I don't enjoy my food, I do, but i'm not obsessed with food like I was before. I suspect it was the sugar that made me a bit obsessive....

My favourite meal at the moment would be roast duck legs with broccoli So simple but delicious. Follow that with some fresh fruit - blueberries and apricots, lovely! And bacon....where would I be without bacon!!!!!! Bacon fixes everything. Ok I am obsessed with bacon.

I've been trying to take on board some of the other aspects of Primal, eg relaxing, playing etc. I've recently started to go to a kayaking group and i'm learning how to paddle That's got to be Primal, right?! It's great fun.
    xx
    Fantastic! Congratulations. Its so liberating to be free of the sugar cylce of intense hunger, stupor after eating and then intense hunger, isn't it? I'm not sure what a stone weighs, but good for you for losing 2 of them. (i will google to translate the numbers) I look forward to your before and after pics.

Are you sea kayaking or whitewater? I do sea kayaking, it's like hiking in a boat. I find yoga great for relaxing, and someone posted a free online site yesterday that looks good: doyogawithme.com (or something like that) or check out a beginner yoga class in your neighbourhood.

Continued success,

Mommymd

Holy crap, 2 stone is 28 lbs! In 3 months? Woooooohooooo
    Last edited by mommymd; 07-26-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Calculation

Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Fantastic! Congratulations. Its so liberating to be free of the sugar cylce of intense hunger, stupor after eating and then intense hunger, isn't it? I'm not sure what a stone weighs, but good for you for losing 2 of them. (i will google to translate the numbers) I look forward to your before and after pics.

Are you sea kayaking or whitewater? I do sea kayaking, it's like hiking in a boat. I find yoga great for relaxing, and someone posted a free online site yesterday that looks good: doyogawithme.com (or something like that) or check out a beginner yoga class in your neighbourhood.

Continued success,

Mommymd

Holy crap, 2 stone is 28 lbs! In 3 months? Woooooohooooo
    Ahh thank you Mommymd and thanks for stopping by. You're so right about the sugar cycle intense hunger....i just never get hunger like that any more, no wonder i was a sugar monster!! I don't get blood sugar crashes, even if i'm late having a meal, it's not a problem, i can now just wait.

Oops, sorry, i will go back and edit my original post, don't want to confuse people, completely forgot people don't talk in stones on here! hehe Yes, i am quite amazed that the weight has melted off at that speed. I eat 3 decent meals a day so i'm not depriving myself. I'm amazed.

Sea kayaking, i'm loving it. It's a great upper body workout isn't it? Ohh thanks for the link. I've never liked the idea of yoga but i am warming to it, i've been looking at classes in my area and there is one 5 min walk away....

I hope you're getting on ok Mommymd x

Oh!! I forgot to mention, my dad borrowed my primal books and is now 3 weeks in! He has always favoured Atkins so I was quite surprised, and very Pleased to hear he took to it

Bron is offline Senior Member
    And congratulations from me too It's been interesting reading your journey (I haven't seen your thread before today).

How did you go sourcing nitrate free bacon? I'm very lucky, I live in a food bowl and our butcher only sources grass fed animals. He also smokes nitrate free bacon and hams (at xmas time for the hams). It's no more expensive than his nitrate version, both are more expensive than the supermarket crap. But that's ok, cos his is real and healthy

If you havne't been able to get it yet, I was going to suggest approaching teh farmer. Any boutique farms near you???

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast