Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to evil chemicals! page 5

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 14 (yeay! so pleased with myself!)

B- pork loin chop, mushrooms, fried egg
    L- chicken stir fry with cajun spices, chilli, garlic, mushroom, broccoli, leek, asparagus, courgette, yellow pepper
    T - lamb chop with white cabbage and broccoli

I was about to have some nuts for a snack and got them into my mouth to notice sulphites on the list of ingredients...quickly spat that out! Sulphites give me migraines. Trouble is, they only label things with sulphites in if there is a certain level so it's hard to know. I've just read that onions and pork contain naturally occurring sulhpites so i'm going to ease off on them for a while. Found an interesting thread on sulphites if anyone suffers and wants to find out more:
    Anyone else with a sulfite intolerance? I would love to hear from you! - Allergies & Asthma - HealingWell.com Forum

My wrists are sore from badminton yesterday...think my technique is a bit off, putting too much pressure on my wrists. I've had a pretty quiet day today, spent some time with my OH.

Ooh i've got a job interview on Friday...eeek!!! I've been swotting up tonight.

Day 15:

I got weighed today, i've lost 3lb this week taking my total to 6.5lb

S- bacon
    B- steak and mushrooms
    L- chicken, avocado, boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish
    T- roast duck legs with kale and broccoli (i cooked 2 legs, one for tomorrow, but it was so delicious i ate them both )

I think i converted my friend at weightwatchers this morning (yeay!!! i hope so!!)

I'm getting nervous about this interview tomorrow, i don't handle interview nerves too well...i've got experience of absolutely everything on the job spec so i'm hoping this will keep me at least appearing confident!! I've read up about the company and what they do and what their values are etc.

I haven't managed to cut the vimto out completely but i have switched about 50% of my drinks to water today. I don't like the smell of tap water so i find if i don't breathe whilst i drink it doesn't taste half as bad

Day 16:

S- bacon
    B- steak and mushrooms
    L- chicken, avocado, boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
    S- banana
    T - turkey mince burger, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage

Day 17:

B- bacon, egg and mushrooms
    L- chicken, boiled egg, banana
    T - roast chicken quarter with broccoli and cabbage

I've nearly finished my bottle of vimto so it'll be onto water 100% after that. I've a bit of a dilemma though. I'm sulphite sensitive and i've found out that tap water and bottled water contain sulphites. Every other soft drink has it as well but i've cut them out. The only way to get water without sulphites is by drinking distilled water or water via reverse osmosis. Distilled water is expensive but you can get distillers for home. They cost a bit to get but i've worked out that 14 months without vimto would pay for one. Hmmm.... I know some people don't like distillers because they can strip out the minerals in water, but i have a sulphite sensitivity so it's slightly different.

I've also read that sulphites are contained naturally in pork, eggs, onion and leeks (amongst other things i already knew about) which i eat at least one of most days. I've cut out the onions and leeks straight away and i'm eating the last of my pork and eggs for now.

They are also in some shampoos, soaps, toothpastes, hair dyes etc. I've managed to find a sulphite free shampoo and toothpaste today.

It's a work in progress, i'm just trying to get as much of that stuff out of my diet and life as possible. It's hard to know how much i could consume without getting a sore head though. I'll see how i get on with tap water for now. I think cutting the vimto drink out will have a positive effect, as i drank 2-3 litres of it previously, at least i hope so!!!

I can't believe how much my appetite has changed in the last 17 days. I must have been so addicted to sugar. No more sugar crashes, it's great! I'm also craving different foods. I chose chicken quarters today and roasted them with the skin on yum yum whereas before i would have gone for skinless chicken breasts! I also really enjoyed fatty duck legs the other day!

My friend told me i could do with a new pair of jeans the other day, and my OH asked me where my stomach was going today
    Last edited by hulahoop; 05-19-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: additional info

Day 18:

B- bacon, egg, mushroom
    L- chicken, tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber, strawberries
    T- chicken, cabbage, broccoli

I finished off my bottle of vimto so now i'm down to 100% water from now on

Day 19:

B- pork loin steak, mushrooms, tomato, egg
    S- chicken, banana
    L- chicken, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, radish, avocado
    T -duck legs (delicious....my favourite), cabbage, broccoli

Day 20:
    B- pork loin steak, mushroom, egg
    S- banana
    L- chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish
    S- strawberries
    T - lamb chops, broccoli, kale

I will stop posting daily menu's eventually, it's just because i am tracking it for a month for the migraines.

I managed 100% water today I do miss squash/cordial/juice though...

I'm off for an early night, night all x

Day 21: (3 weeks in, yeay!!!)

S- bacon
    B- pork loin chop, mushrooms, fried egg
    L - chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber, pepper
    S- banana
    T - kale, broccoli, steak, mushrooms
    S- strawberries

3 weeks in, congrats!

I'm still having trouble with the sugar monster, but I'll persevere on. I was reading your earlier posts about omega 3 and 6, and was gonna suggest fish, but saw that you were concerned about preservatives. Any farmer's market near your place? You might get better stuff there- I know the smoked trout I get at the market has WAY less sodium than the supermarket ones, for example. Just a suggestion.. Other than that, hope your migraines are lessening. Could it also be stressors in your life that you can look into and eliminate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq ChocMonster View Post
    3 weeks in, congrats!

I'm still having trouble with the sugar monster, but I'll persevere on. I was reading your earlier posts about omega 3 and 6, and was gonna suggest fish, but saw that you were concerned about preservatives. Any farmer's market near your place? You might get better stuff there- I know the smoked trout I get at the market has WAY less sodium than the supermarket ones, for example. Just a suggestion.. Other than that, hope your migraines are lessening. Could it also be stressors in your life that you can look into and eliminate?
    ahh thanks Jacq! Do you eat much fruit? I know i've got to be careful to only have a small amount or i still get sugar dips. I also heard that diet drinks can trigger the desire for sugar, as the body doesn't quite understand artificial sweeteners so thinks it's getting sugar, and then when it doesn't it gets confused. Although i'm sure you know all that.

Thanks for the suggestion about a farmer's market, i will look into this. I have found some online without preservatives but obviously the delivery charge is quite a bit. It would be nice to have some fish, i do really like it. We went on holiday to Mexico last year and i was able to eat lots of fish because it was fresh, no nasties (or that's the impression i got as i didn't get migraines!) I'll definitely look for a farmer's market, thanks for the tip.

The last couple of days i have felt that the migraines might be easing up a bit? Fingers crossed, thanks for asking. My stress levels aren't too bad. I do suffer with anxiety though, and do worry about small stuff that shouldn't matter. I do try and live as stress free as possible though. I have felt better whilst following primal, i think because i feel in control of what i'm doing.

Day 22:
    S- bacon
    B - pork loin chop, mushrooms, fried egg
    T - kale, broccoli, beef steak
    S - chicken, banana

Day 23:
    B- pork loin chop, mushroom, fried egg
    L- chicken, avocado, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, radish
    T- 2 duck legs (my favourite!), kale, broccoli, white cabbage

I've now lost 11lb in 3 weeks I feel like so much bloating has gone, wheat must really dislike me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq ChocMonster View Post
    3 weeks in, congrats!

ahh thanks Jacq! Do you eat much fruit? I know i've got to be careful to only have a small amount or i still get sugar dips. I also heard that diet drinks can trigger the desire for sugar, as the body doesn't quite understand artificial sweeteners so thinks it's getting sugar, and then when it doesn't it gets confused. Although i'm sure you know all that.

Thanks for the suggestion about a farmer's market, i will look into this. I have found some online without preservatives but obviously the delivery charge is quite a bit. It would be nice to have some fish, i do really like it. We went on holiday to Mexico last year and i was able to eat lots of fish because it was fresh, no nasties (or that's the impression i got as i didn't get migraines!) I'll definitely look for a farmer's market, thanks for the tip.

The last couple of days i have felt that the migraines might be easing up a bit? Fingers crossed, thanks for asking. My stress levels aren't too bad. I do suffer with anxiety though, and do worry about small stuff that shouldn't matter. I do try and live as stress free as possible though. I have felt better whilst following primal, i think because i feel in control of what i'm doing.

Day 22:
    S- bacon
    B - pork loin chop, mushrooms, fried egg
    T - kale, broccoli, beef steak
    S - chicken, banana

Day 23:
    B- pork loin chop, mushroom, fried egg
    L- chicken, avocado, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, radish
    T- 2 duck legs (my favourite!), kale, broccoli, white cabbage

I've now lost 11lb in 3 weeks I feel like so much bloating has gone, wheat must really dislike me!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast