Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to evil chemicals! page 3

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oops...ive just realised i should have named my journal in a conventional way....is there any way i can edit the thread title?

Day 5:

My head hasn't been too bad today but i have felt generally just rubbish! Just a general undercurrent, nothing major.

Food today:
    B- pork loin chop, scrambled egg, mushrooms and onion
    L- chicken breast, avocado, radish, spring onion, tomato, lettuce
    S- banana
    T- roast lamb with carrot, swede and broccoli
    S- 3 rashers of bacon

I've got to be up early tomorrow so i hope the restless legs calm down a bit tonight

My OH brought chips (fries?) home earlier and i was sooo tempted chips were my biggest downfall....but i toughed it out and had some extra bacon instead which seemed to sort me out. I guess i'll eventually get used to seeing people eat what i once thought were tasty treats.

My stomach seems to have shrunk quite a bit over the last few days and i don't feel bloated all the time.

Night all, have a good day tomorrow x

evening all....i hope everyone is having a good day!!

Again i didn't sleep so well, i hope this wears off soon! I was up early for work this morning and then i had a lovely afternoon with my 2 brothers and one of their girlfriends. The traffic this afternoon was horrendous! There is a particular stretch of road that is pretty unavoidable getting from A to B and i was stuck there for nearly an hour. I was pleased i had packed a piece of chicken and a drink just in case! ha ha

Food today:

B- bacon, pork chop, mushrooms and onion
    L - chicken and apple
    T- chicken oven baked with cajun spices, olive oil, courgette, onion, mushroom, garlic, red pepper, asparagus, tomato, leek and broccoli

My head has been a bit sore on and off but not too bad, i've still managed a full day.

I've got a bit of a confession...i help out at a weightwatchers class!!!! I've been a member there for on and off 2 years and i'm a volunteer helper. I haven't been well for the last 18 months and don't work full time, so helping out at this class has been a bit of social life for me over this time.

WW'ers hasn't worked for me to be honest. At first i lost a bit of weight (less than a stone, i could do with losing another 2.5-3) but for the last year i have been up and down like a yo-yo. I'm on medication that i've always thought makes me hungry and i couldn't go more than 4 hours without food or i'd get the shakes. I would eat without even tasting the food sometimes.

This last week or so reading this forum and doing my research has been a real eye opener for me. I decided to start Primal last Thursday which coincided with the WW class. All through class i was thinking 'but that sounds wrong' 'why are they giving out this information' 'it would be so much easier if...' etc etc and i really saw through it for what it was. There are some people in the class who have been going for years, for some it is a social thing, for most food is a real struggle, or cravings/binges are. There is a WW shop there which sells snack bars, crisps etc. When i first joined i would buy some of these things but i became more aware of what additives are in them and stopped. I feel like they're being sold poison that will keep them overweight on purpose. There was one lady who was worried she wasn't getting much food for her points so i suggested she cook up some extra veg and she just looked at me like i was from the moon...veg?? I felt sad at that point.

There are a few ears i will be whispering in about primal when i get the chance....so please forgive my WW post, i don't get out much

The good news is that i don't get the shakes after 4 hours if i don't eat and i don't get crippling hunger pains like i used to. Isn't it strange how you tinker with your food choices and those real physical symptoms disappear?

Night all, sleep well xx

Evening!! I hope today has been a good day for you all...

Day 7: (whoohooo i've managed a week!)

I slept a bit better last night, i hope it's a good sign! However, i woke with a banging sore head. Took some painkillers and had some breakfast and i was right as rain. My nose was stuffy though, i wonder if the pollen is bad this week?

Went to the cinema with my OH today, saw Amerian Pie:Reunion. Enjoyed the film and was a good girl, no popcorn and no pepsi!!! This is a big success for me, i don't think i have ever been to the cinema and not had popcorn! I took a mini packet of cashew nuts and bought a bottle of water (expensive stuff in a cinema...faint!) I was so pleased with myself for resisting the popcorn (my OH had some) and actually i was quite happy with my cashew nuts. The tide is turning!!

Food today:

B- pork loin chop, fried egg, mushrooms and onion
    S- cashew nuts
    L- spicy beef, onion, pepper, mushrooms and a small banana
    T- turkey mince burger (homemade, turkey mince, cumin, cajun spices and onion) with stir fry veg - broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, courgette, garlic, red pepper, leek
    S- chicken and strawberries

I've had a couple of comments about my choice of breakfast from my friend (the one who isn't sticking to it). It works for me at the moment because i find the chop filling and keeps me going for a good few hours. It's no different to having bacon is it? Plus surely it's better than bacon as it's unprocessed? I guess i should get used to people commenting on my choices...

I feel like i should be eating some fish. My problem is that i think the preservatives sprayed on fish give me migraines but i'm not 100% sure. I don't want to waste money on fish at the moment if i can't eat it. Perhaps in a few weeks when i'm feeling brave i'll give it a go....it's so hard to find fish that isn't covered in preservatives. We're not by a fishing port. There is somewhere online that delivers but i'd have to investigate fully what they use before spending money.

I hope i can save a bit of cash this month and buy some decent online meat!! I was worrying a bit about how much money i've been spending on meat this week but actually when i worked it out, i was spending just the same on snacks and other food stuff beforehand, it's just all now concentrated on meat and veg!

I have a nasty feeling i'm boring people with my mundane posts (sorryyyyy!!!!) It just helps me to recap at the end of the day, plus it helps me build up a picture over time whether the migraines have improved etc.

Night all, sleep well xx

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    The good news is that i don't get the shakes after 4 hours if i don't eat and i don't get crippling hunger pains like i used to.
    That was one of my favorite "surprises" too. My boyfriend is one of those people that can eat once a day and he's fine. I was never like that, and when we'd get caught up in weekend activities, I'd have to explain that we would need to find food in the next 20 minutes or he'd have to get his head sewn back on. I'd be REALLY cranky, and probably end up with a headache too. Now that I eat Primal, I can go most of the day if I have a good-sized breakfast.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

It's brilliant isn't it Ritarose!!! I was exactly the same...my partner knew when my blood sugars had crashed as i'd lose the ability to talk properly and go a bit spaced out. He never gets like that so it's so refreshing to know what it's like to last from one meal to the next. We used to joke about my lack of self control around sweet foods but now i know what it feels like to be like him and not have my head turned by sweet stuff. What a difference a week makes hey?

I weighed myself today after my first week primal and i've lost 3.5lb!! I've also gone down a notch on my jeans as my stomach seems to have shrunk significantly. My stomach seems to have settled as well and really prefers this way of eating.

Day 8:

Very pleased at losing 3.5lb, i've been smiling all day!

Food today:

s- bacon
    b- pork loin chop, fried egg, mushrooms and onions
    s- banana
    l- steak with onion, mushrooms, kale and broccoli
    t- turkey mince burgers with stir fried veg - courgette, red pepper, leek, asparagus, onion, broccoli, garlic and cajun spices
    s- cashew nuts

I was asked earlier if i thought i'd be able to keep primal up and i could tell by their tone that they thought it would another phase. It's not all about losing weight though, it's about putting better food into my body and less chemicals. It's about trying to get my health back on track so i'll just keep quietly moving in the right direction.

night all xxx

Day 9:

I managed to navigate a meal out tonight Food wise i was successful and even avoided a dessert, but drinks wise i went for still water and i happened to read the bottle and it said contained sulphate and nitrate! Big oops...i was trying to avoid fizzy drinks because of the sugar... not sure what to have in future!

Food today:

B- pork loin chop, mushrooms, fried egg
    L- chicken with lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber and spring onion
    S- chicken
    T - melon, steak, mixed veg

My sleep was a bit better last night so i think the carb flu symptoms are fading...thankfully! I have yet to notice a difference in the migraines but i guess that might come in a few weeks

Night all x

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you are getting a little bit more sleep Did you have any luck getting some magnesium yet? If so, is it helping at all?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting a little bit more sleep Did you have any luck getting some magnesium yet? If so, is it helping at all?
    Thanks Jammies It is a relief to be sleeping a bit better. Yes, i started magnesium supplements last week, although i'm not sure of the dose, it was a 'one a day' tablet. My head isn't any better yet but i'm hoping that will come in time...really really hoping!!!

How are you getting on Jammies? x

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast