Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Barefooting"--Am I Doing It Right?? page

JennaRose is offline Senior Member

"Barefooting"--Am I Doing It Right??

Primal Fuel
    Barefooting--with shoes lol

A week ago, I bought some Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats because I was going out partying in heelies, and wanted to be able to hop out of them sooner than the end of the night. They're basically a flimsy, thin soled flat (a bit of a rubber sole, but only enough to keep your skin from contacting concrete). I enjoyed wearing them so much, that I wear them out and around now like a regular shoe. I wear a size 9 shoe, and the size I have for these is a 9/10 so they are a little larger than my foot, so there's plenty room for my toes to wiggle around. It feels like I'm basically barefoot when I'm wearing these.

Yay, nay??

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    those look pretty good. if they allowed your toes to flare out, they would be great. all in all, though, i'd say they are a good barefoot option.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    I swear by my Merrell Wonder Gloves. Yes they're hella expensive, but they're cute, durable and appropriate for work or casual. I have two pair - Black and Aluminum. The advantage of these is what PrimalRob said - the toe box has enough room for your toes to flare out naturally. And the Vibram sole is durable while still being thin enough to give you some sensory input. They also have other versions that don't have the strap across the instep if you want more of a ballet flat look.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    cool.

technically, not barefooting according to barefooters because it is a shoe. But, it's a minimalist shoe, so it's pretty close to barefooting.

i don't really think there's a right/wrong way to do it.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    My small toe was beginning to go UNDER my other toes, so I decided to try shoes with individual toes. Separating the toes is a hassle each morning, but once they're in place, the shoes feel comfortable the rest of the day. Hopefully, the toe shoes will get my toes back in alignment!

Last edited by Chatty; 05-01-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Hailee94 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    My small toe was beginning to go UNDER my other toes, so I decided to try shoes with individual toes. Separating the toes is a hassle each morning, but once they're in place, the shoes feel comfortable the rest of the day. Hopefully, the toe shoes will get my toes back in alignment!

Just bought my first pair of vibrams and I got the Komodo sport LS... Can't wait to try them out !

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I bought a pair of toe spreaders when I started BFing and wearing VFF. They helped a lot.

Amazon.com: Gel Flex Toes Toe Stretchers WITH SPARKLES: Health & Personal Care
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the feedback, all! I have exclusively been wearing these shoes for a couple weeks now, and when I exercise i'm barefoot or using my vibrams. it seems I can flare my toes while wearing these; and I'm definitely noticing a difference in my gait and the way my feet feel. I feel like i'm walking more properly which is great. hopefully this will help my feet pain go away

texas.grok, those gel flexers are cute! they look comfy too

Rynamo is offline Member
    I have a question for this topic. I have a pair of vibram kso's that I have been wearing around the house and occasionally exercising in. I had no problems before last week. On Monday I did a 3 mile run in the kso's and felt great. Tuesday morning both calves felt very sore, not pain, just like I worked muscles that hadn't been worked in a while. On wed. they were even worse, it hurt to even walk correctly. Thurs. was better but still sore. Friday was nearly normal, and the weekend was fine. I was stretching a lot, and drinking lots of water. Yesterday I decided to try sprinting in the kso's. I stretched out good but was feeling it again in the warmup but it loosened up during the sprints. Only the right one was sore last night and it felt ok this morning. After work today it is still a little sore but not bad but it has swelled up, not quite double the size of the left one. It doesn't really hurt but I'm a little freaked out about it. I am doing a charity 5k on Saturday and can't really rest too much. Any thoughts on why or what to do about it?

mountainste is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i'd say they are a good barefoot option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast