Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a fitness plan...? page

grokinallovertheworld is offline Junior Member

Thoughts on a fitness plan...?

Shop Now
    cI would appreciate feedback on this as I am trying to set up a manageable routine that I will be able to keep up long term. My aim is fat loss (and maintaining muscle if not gaining a little over time).

Sprint: tabata on rowing machine or doing a shorter dvd like 30 day shred
    LHT: Convict conditioning 2/3 times per week doing new blood workout
    Move slow: 5 x per week general walking with the children to school and using my rowing machine for some low level workouts in front of the tv.

I started wondering about P90x to get the fat off quickly - what are people's thoughts on this? Just doing maybe one round to shed fat then settle into a more realistic long term plan as above? Is p90x going to do that?

I have to admit I am struggling getting going with the nutrition principles as I am finding it hard to cut the sugar. I plan to do two weeks of no sugar/alcohol/wheat/carbs after 6pm to break the cycle then remove all grains/legumes following this.

Thanks

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    P90X is too much for most people to maintain. There's a couple of those videos you could do as your LHT, but your what you eat is far far more important than your workouts.

MightyMouse is offline Senior Member
    I think the plan sounds good without the p90x. I admittedly don't know a lot about bodyweight training, but a lot of people seem to like convict conditioning.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    RE your CC, I don't have my book at hand can you refresh me on the new blood workout? I thought the beginner program was one exercise a day which is easy to maintain.

If you are wanting to loose weight faster get out and play! Have you ever noticed there not any pics of Mark in the gym...he out doing stuff all the time.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Mark does like the gym, but playing is better anyway. I like to climb trees, get creative at local playgrounds, and sprint. At random, something intense every other day or so.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I know he hits the gym. But getting out and doing things is where it is at.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grokinallovertheworld View Post
    cI would appreciate feedback on this as I am trying to set up a manageable routine that I will be able to keep up long term. My aim is fat loss (and maintaining muscle if not gaining a little over time).

Sprint: tabata on rowing machine or doing a shorter dvd like 30 day shred
    LHT: Convict conditioning 2/3 times per week doing new blood workout
    Move slow: 5 x per week general walking with the children to school and using my rowing machine for some low level workouts in front of the tv.

I started wondering about P90x to get the fat off quickly - what are people's thoughts on this? Just doing maybe one round to shed fat then settle into a more realistic long term plan as above? Is p90x going to do that?

I have to admit I am struggling getting going with the nutrition principles as I am finding it hard to cut the sugar. I plan to do two weeks of no sugar/alcohol/wheat/carbs after 6pm to break the cycle then remove all grains/legumes following this.

Thanks

samira is offline Member
    Have you tried the epiltical trainer at the gym? I usually do my homework and get my hr of cardio on them. They're easy on the joints too.
    You could also try to exercise very little and try the fast 5? The ebook is available free on the fast 5 site. The author argues that corporations don't want us to eat less because they'd lose billions yearly. They'd rather we exercise more or eat "good for you foods" instead. It's a short read.

I shouldn't talk tho, I spend a small fortune at wholefoods/trader joes and I put in about 4 hrs or so at the gym daily.

Re: New Blood
    This workout is 2 exercises, 2 times per week. So day 1, you do pushups/leg lifts (wherever you are in the progression). Day 2 is squats/pullups. If you find the Super FAQ online, New Blood 2.0 is the same split, except three times per week. So week one you do A-B-A on your three days, week 2 you do B-A-B... etc.

Thanks, forgot the name for it.
    I an doing a tweeked Ne Blood but I don't worry about weeks plus I also add in the flags . I just do the program then sprint, climb etc on in between days depending how the mood takes me.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 05-01-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast