Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Sugar Addict page 5

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You are a very active person. I think you should allow yourself some extra food as the day goes on. bump up your breakfast and add extra meat or an egg or two. Same with lunch... make it big. Instead of 4 oz of steak for dinner, enjoy 8. Of course, if you can't FIT that much into your tum, then break it up to 4 meals a day instead of 3. If you weren't working, physically working, so long each day, I'd tell you to just tough out the binges, but I'm afraid you're binging b/c your body is in a true need for fuel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Major binge. STarted out well yesterday, then for some reason when I got to work it seemed a good idea to eat pre meal - ham and cheese sandwiches. Usually I just take out the innards but for some reason, it seemd a good idea to eat it. Then I had some of the rice with the risotto special. Then after work the guys downstairs made me chicken and rice, a huge ass fruit salad, and sent me home with brownie bread pudding. I ate it all. Then I ahd beer. Then I came home and had ice cream, yogurt and strawberries, and two pieces of bread with butter. It was a CHALLENGE to get down that much food. I was in bed practically passed out and almost forced myself to get up for that bread. It was awful. I dont' know what I did it. It's almost like my stress lately has just caused me to view myself as a failure in every way and so why not be a fatty failure as well. It's so unhealthy and I know that, but what to do! Forced failure. Makes me realize the only person standing in the way of my success is me. Everyone else is very supportive and flexible. Gah. Abigaillyn, get your shit together.

Trying to figure out how to fix it, and I think a huge part is exhaustion levels. I cave a lot more when I have little sleep and too much work. This weekend was a prime example of that. AT the same time, that's when I need to stick to primal eating the most because I really do feel worlds different in energy, and I realized that yesterday. I didn't fully realize the impact on energy it had had until I fell off the wagon. Last night was a CHALLENGE to get through.

I realized that, of any point in my life, I felt best when I was on the Lepting reset. So, small goals, for today that will be my plan. Room for a few drinks tonight, but until then Leptin Reset formula. Blerg

I'm having the same struggles. Binging when I don't want to/need to, etc. I've been seeking sugar... sounds like you were too. We'll get back on that wagon. Look! It's even slowed down to let us catch up. Let's go!

(hehehehe)

Haha thanks Jenn! Appreciate your advice on eating more too, and I think you're definitely right. I'm getting caught up in this whole IF craze on MDA and trying out new "weight loss" things when the reality is I need to get on track with this diet and meeting my energy needs before I try anything crazy.

Maybe I should do some Tabatha sprints today to catch up to that wagon

Inspired by Mark's post and think my addiction could be the reason for a lot of my exhaustion lately causing late night binges. Goal for the next week, internet usage only once per day. Also no texting while in the presence of others. IT'S Rude

lol I'll have to look for this post. I agree with the reduced internet usage. Ours was "out" off and on last night and I finally got frustrated and just closed up my laptop and walked away. Did dishes instead. I'm more productive when there's no internet... but the internet is my "downtime" at home as DH is usually watching something stupid on tv (like Sports Center) or the kids have taken the remote hostage and are watching their own shows (Nick Jr, anyone??).

I'm off to find this post now.

Fellow sugar addict here! I can totally relate to your posts - bingeing when I'm tired and should probably take a nap instead, etc.

Finally figured out that fat plus sugar is the ultimate landslide combo for me eg dates stuffed with cheese/almond butter. I start on that and before I know it I am cycling out of the house to buy a whole mud cake like I'm possessed. Boo.

Anyway I'm on Day 3 of 21 DSD, have you tried it? I'm keeping butter and cheese because letting go of sugar is tough enough for me! And thankfully I don't binge on cheese the way I do on sugar and grains.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Cheese is like a saving grace for me when cutting out sugar! I may eat a tad too much of it sometimes, but hey, 200 cal of cheese is better than 200 of sugar!!

Jenn - It was his post yesterday, so should be pretty easy to find I actually was inspired last night and didn't turn it on when I got home, which meant I didn't have my usual yogurt and berries and nuts, which meant I went to bed and got more sleep! Woot!

Jacq - the other night I was at a restaurant and we had dates stuffed with cheese and than wrapped with bacon. OOOOOOOHEMGEE yum. What is DSD? I'm intrigued...

Montana - I love cheese, but it's definitely a gateway for me...leads to binging on all sorts of things. Weirdly, it's mostly goat cheese that causes this, hard cheeses don't do it as much.

ANYWHOS...

Yesterday was not perfect, but all in all not bad.

Breakfast - 3 eggs, roast beef and sauteed spinach, BP Coffee
    Lunch - Leftover salmon, homemade cole slaw, a handful of walnuts and pecans (for fat), then a spoonful of almond butter and 1.5 85% chocolate squares
    Dinner - Supped with a friend who is the opposite of primal (Which used to be our biggest commonality) but we managed! I had a few spoonfuls of cole slaw before leaving to prevent me from gorging on cheese in preparation, but it worked! Didn't binge. Dinner was taco bowls - sauteed chicken, onions and peppers, homemade guac, tomatoes, lettuce, and a few spoonfuls of pinto beans (why did I, it wasn't necessary!!!). No cheese. Ended with mango and a few chocolate squares and then she insisted on me trying her vegan strawberry banana bread (CURSE).

Went out with a friend afterwards for drinks and bluegrass, and could finish only about half of my beer. I don't know what it was, whether I Was too full or what, but I just can't do the gluten anymore! It hurts! And makes me phlegmy.

OKAY, good things about yesterday -

- With the exception of coleslaw, no snacks
    - super primal up until desert and beer
    - beer is no longer tasty to me (Forgot to mention I had a few sips at my friends house and just thought it was pretty unfortunate). That's a lie, the hoegaarden was good
    - Food really brings people together, and unfortunately tears people apart as well (see below).

Okay, now my beefs with life
    - The friend I had dinner with pretty much subscribes to the diet I used to - beans and lentils and rice are all you need in the world. Her and her fiancee are super marriage-y (i.e. nights in at 7, couples nights, etc) which is not a bad thing just so not where I am in life, and so food was really the last thing we might have had in common and what we always bonded over before. Now there's nothing, and I fear this friendship has no foundation anymore. Blarg, get on my train and eat some more fat!
    - A guy I met last night that I really could not stand went on a whole rant about how he was "not eating any carbs" because he's a rock climber and fat to muscle ratio is so important. VEGETABLES HAVE CARBS! MEAT HAS CARBS! Everyone makes fun of my diet as being no carbs - I EAT SO MANY CARBS! They just are more delicious carbs.

My good friend wants to do 3 weeks dairy free and I agreed to do it with her. It will at least prevent me from my late night yogurt treats. But, then I realized that butter is dairy, and I don't really like the idea of not being able to use it cooking or in my BP coffee. My plan is to see if they have lard at the farmer's market saturday. If they do, I'll go 100% with her. If not, well, I might still anyways, but it would help if they had lard.

Last night I came home at midnight and the whole ride home, through the rain, I thought "I am going to have a bowl of yogurt and strawberries when I get home and watch the new episode of How I Met Your Mother. I don't need food, I'm full. No, I want yogurt, it's my night time tradition. Why is it my tradition? I'm not hungry? But I already TOLD Myself I would have it, so now I have to." And this conversation with myself went back and forth for a while before I realized Mark's post, and my commitment to not turn my computer on this late, and how much sweeter it would be to just pass out. So I got home, brushed my teeth, and fell asleep 2 pages into my book. Lovely. Mind over matter. Self control. What a concept.

Anyways, breakfast today was 3 eggs over sauteed kale, coffee with 2% milk (it's what we buy, and boy is it flavorless). For some reason butter in my coffee did not sound appealing to me today.

Off to build a chicken coop!

Also - VEGAN STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD?!?!?!?! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE TWO BEST COMPONENTS (EGGS AND BUTTER) OUT OF DESSERT! She also tried to get me to use canola oil for cooking instead of olive oil, and wanted me to add taco seasoning (have you seen that shit? Loaded with words I can't pronounce). And she had no cumin in the house. WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOESN'T USE CUMIN!!!!! It is my go to spice for life

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast