Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Sugar Addict page 12

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Me2 - coconut ice cream sounds DELICIOUS! JP Licks (A local icecreamer in Boston) was doing coconut ice cream for a month - they try out a new dairy free/gluten free ice cream every month and then decide which one is most popular (big mistake. It's coconut. Just stick with coconut) - but I never got to try it because it was always sold out. Interestingly enough, after having gelato the other day (Which was definitely with sugar) I couldn't eat as much as I used to, so a little bit of sugar is not too disconcerting to me long run, but I know honey and all that jazz will probs just set off my sugar cravings as well:/

Day 491 or I Need to Eat More

Today is challenging, mostly because right now I really want dark chocolate and apple with almond butter. Trying to avoid because I want to do yoga before bed and don't like being super bloated, plus I'm aiming for sleep in the next hour, but I have not eaten enough today and am very hungry. HUNGRY!

Food
    B: 1 egg fried in butter at friends (I'm sorry, but how do you eat 1 EGG!) then 3 hard boiled ones in the car. Successfully avoided home made english muffins and coffee mixed with cocoa powder and milk! I just put it in my to-go mug for the road.
    constant munching of peanuts and raisins for avoiding sleeping in the car, plus black coffee
    L: leftover beef heart stew (a very little bit) and a very little bit of coleslaw, small banana
    D: was angry about my breakfast not being awesome so did breakfast for dinner - sauteed onions, bunch of kale and sweet potato with 3 eggs over easy. In retrospect I should've added another egg as I'm HUNGRY now. Had 10-12 cherries and tea for dessert (poor excuse for a dessert. I want chocolate!)

Cheats: peanuts, and I don't even really think those are a super cheat.

Exercise
    1 hr weeding at the farm, 30 minute run followed by 15 minute cool down walk, tried to do 3 sets of 5 reverse pull-ups at the park on the way home but only made it through 1.5 sets. Damn am I weak. Hopefully a year at the farm will show minimal biceps by the end. Am planning on some light yoga before bed.

Mood
    Maine significantly refreshed me, but pretty much upon stepping foot on the farm I got kind of blue again. Went for a run to ward it off, which was great but left me exhausted.

Energy
    Not great. Driving makes me sleepy. Running makes me sleepier.

Acne
    Has yet to clear up, but nothing new. Mostly repairing from past popped zits.

Anyways, running was interesting. I'm a lot more sore than I thought I'd be, and my sports induced wheezing is back. Plus I'm really tired (could just be from the weekend) and cold (haven't changed out of running clothes yet). Hm...Mark may be on to something with this chronic cardio business. Gah but I love it!

Going to watch a little bit of New Years Eve before yoga and bed. When will they stop making cheap Love Actually knock offs? And when will I stop watching them to reassure myself how much they suck.

Happy humpday tomorrow!

Also on a super smelly note I was super gassy today. Peanuts? I think so.

Also did ANYONE WATCH THE SEASON FINALE OF GAME OF THRONES THIS WEEK?!?!?!?! EPIC!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love honey.

Never tried stevia. My mother-in-law uses it I think, but I've never used it. I usually sweeten with honey or real maple syrup when a recipe calls for sweetener.

I'm still looking forward to trying on some VFFs. Maybe this weekend. SIL and I are going to walk a 5k Saturday morning. Maybe after that we can zip up to the sporting goods store so I can try some on.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I love honey.

Never tried stevia. My mother-in-law uses it I think, but I've never used it. I usually sweeten with honey or real maple syrup when a recipe calls for sweetener.

I'm still looking forward to trying on some VFFs. Maybe this weekend. SIL and I are going to walk a 5k Saturday morning. Maybe after that we can zip up to the sporting goods store so I can try some on.
    I love honey too, bought it at the store over the weekend. Sooo good chased down with a glass of milk.

Ah, hell, I just eat it by the spoonful! lol

The weather is perking up a bit and everything's looking great at the farm! Unfortunately the rain made weeds go rampant, so it will be a few really intense and exhausting days of weeding before being able to breath again.

Food
    Did pretty well today and am proud of myself for avoiding chocolate for day 2
    B: 4 eggs with asparagus, onions, and one tiny chicken liver (don't even get me started on how angry I am about the availability of grass-fed chicken livers in bulk in this country. ALMOST makes me want to move back to Guatemala). It was all we had, and I definitely felt the effects of low protein early on.
    L: 1 can tuna (5 oz) with lemon juice, homemade coleslaw, banana with almond butter. I knew this was low in fat and was worried. Got hungry early, but the fridge was kind of empty today.
    D: SO GOOD! Mom made grass fed thick porkchops. Ate 1.5 plus sucking the bones dry. Had a dijon mustard and white wine sauce. 1 sweet potato with shmit tons of butter (needed fat), and asparagus smothered in butter. Finished with some tea with honey and a bowl of cherries.

Cheats: Maybe a little sugar in the coleslaw from maple syrup (doesn't bother me) and maybe a few too many cherries, but I realized it's been over 2 years since I had a cherry and for me they're better than diving into tons of chocolate. Also had some honey in my tea. All in all I say a good primal day.

Exercise
    Biking to and from work twice (only ~20 minutes in all), 7 hrs of slow movement while weeding, planting, rabbit watching, and moving things around on the farm. Went for a half hour walk after dinner with the fam and plan on doing some cool down yoga before bed.

RIDICULOUS how sore I am after yesterday. 8 reverse pullups and I am beat. Difficulty lifting arms today and my upper abs are flaming. My thighs are also dead from running. What the hell did I let happen to myself!! Oh well, back in shape starting now.

Mood
    Better. Not super perky but definitely feeling a little better about my situation. Was not the happiest to go to work this morning which is an unfortunate feeling, but hopefully that will bounce back soon. Constantly feeling like you owe someone something is an awful feeling.

Energy
    Don't remember sleeping great last night. I think I woke up a few times due to temperature (either too hot or too cold) and was physically tired because of muscle soreness, but overall decent energy. Plan on going to bed early again (right after so you think you can dance) to keep ahead on the sleep cycle.

Acne
    Skin feels much better today. No new breakouts and last breakouts are healing up decently (hate scabs on my forehead).

Anyways, overall feeling healthier today. Probably ate too much fruit today and DEFINITELY not enough fat so I'm sure I was high on the carb count, but as the only weight loss I really want to see is maybe 8 lbs and a transition to muscle I'm not too worried about going over 100 carbs on a day.

Anyways, hump day means nothing to me as I'm on the farm 7 days a week (this needs to stop. I need time for play!!!) but hope everyone else has a great end to it!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Ah, hell, I just eat it by the spoonful! lol
    I love honey and maple syrup too much to try and dabble with the latest craze in any new sweetener. I know stevia doesn't fall along the same lines as sweet and low and equal crap (how much I cringed in the restaurant picking up those packets off the table...especially truvia which is some new chemical substitute. One lady actually asked for a new coffee because she put it in hers and "it tasted chemically." Um...doy fool...it IS chemicals). ANYWAYS the moral of that rant is maple syrup and honey are good enough for me and I don't feel the need to branch out into the unknown world of sweeteners. I also don't think sugar is awful for you as long as you don't go overboard.

I avoid sweeteners too and stick to honey as my primary method of sweetening (except for the month of June. June is Whole30 month so no added sweetness).

Your day looks awesome! Weeding is no fun, but as long as there aren't any spiders to contend with, I'm game. I recently had to "round up" my flower garden b/c there are usually monster wolf spiders in there so I let the weeds get out of hand occasionally. Right now, you can't even tell there are "intentional" plants in it. lol

Abigaillyn conquers free doughnuts

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just spent about 2.5 minutes trying to figure out how to spell conquers. Literacy fail.

Food

B: 1/4 lb sausage and frozen spinach 3 egg scramble. Hot saaaauce. No coffee because it was the wrong cup and fell out of the holder on my backpack while biking. Cue tears and 2 hrs of angry Abigaillyn at the farm.
    L: 1 bunch kale, leftover chicken (comical amount), walnuts and mucho butter. Butter is becoming my favorite thing ever. Also had coffee (black)
    D: GF Lamb chops (cooked by yours truly. I win), broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes smothered in red wine reduction from chops. 2 glasses red wine plus 2 (probably soon to be 3) chocolate squares. 2 cherries.

The wine and chocolate squares were in celebration of the fact that I am home alone for the first time in months and it feels WONDERFUL. Parents went on a road trip, and while the high schooler in me would cry at the thought of "wasting" an empty house, the 55 year old in me is relishing a night of chilling on the couch, watching tv without anyone changing it during the commercials, cooking without the peanut gallery making their comments, and dancing around half naked to nicki minaj. Celebrating with wine and chocolate sounded divine, and I did.

I came home to two cut up donuts on my desk. Dangit mom for thinking of me and sabotaging my health (although I'm sure she doesn't see it that way). I threw them out! Win! It helped that they were shitty dunkin donuts ones and not from the local baker, because than I would've felt bad. Dunkin donuts have a different, shitty smell. Grossness.

p.s. homegirl is a BOMB ASS cook. Yummy instincts!

Exercise
    Biking to and from farm twice, 7 hours of farm work, about to take the dog for a 20 minute walk or so. Maybe bed time yoga (didn't happen yesterday)

Mood
    Super perky, but I'm not trusting it - I forgot to take my birth control yesterday and today. Bad abby. I also sort of want to stop taking this...we'll see.

Energy
    Mediocre - was still super sore all day from Tuesday's pull down reps. Damn it weakness.

Acne
    A few breakouts this evening but I think it's because I exfoliated.

Anyways, feeling all in all better, although a little blue this evening. Choosing to stay in again and catch up on sleep, and while that's maybe the healthier decision, I definitely miss having a reason to be downtown and seeing people. It's the celtics game tonight too and I could care less. Miss being social with people I don't really like. That makes no sense.

Going to bed early I think. One more chocolate square and a dog walk. Wine makes me sleepy.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast