Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 6

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad it's all coming together. Sounds like the doctor switch might be the answer for you. Yay!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Glad it's all coming together. Sounds like the doctor switch might be the answer for you. Yay!
    Sort of. My deit has been really bad - went out for lunch yesterday and had massamn curry with rice, then two giant freddos from a work fundraiser thing. No bad stuff today though. I keep thinking why even bother trying until I've seen the doc, as i'm not going to lose anything between now and then anyway.

Well I have actually had a few good days, and suprisingly this morning I was 'only' 70kg - so only 2 kg gained, I thought id' be much worse! Haven't exercised as much - bit of a head cold, aches etc, which is really unsual for me. I wonder if all the bad food lowered my immune system? I did a bike ride yesterday but didn't have the strength for weights today...My PT is back Monday anyway, so I'll have a killed session then.

Also some pretty bad digestive issues have returned, but I don't know whaxt exactly to attribute them to. Either:
    1. General bad food of the past two weeks (including some bread, rice, pizza base, chocolate
    2. More sugar than usual
    3. The return of fruit
    4. More than usual dairy (started having greek yoghurt every morning)

...so tomorrow is my last diet of yoghurt and fruit for breaky for a while, and I haven't had wheat/grains for a few days, teh sugar is a bit of an issue due to throat lozenges etc, but if it clears up I know that it is *something* in the above list. Or possible the wheat upset my stomachs ability to deal with the fruit and dairy.

Today:
    B - yoguhrt, banana, raspberries, honey, coffee
    L - tuna salad with roast veg etc, pesto
    T - brussels, bacon and small amount pumpkin baked in olive oil, some rocket, pesto and two poached eggs

Not really tracking calories, but at least I've been fairly good. Since the doc is Friday I'm not stressing till then, then hopefully once I get properly medicated I'll hit the diet again as I'll stand a fighting chance. Apparently hypothyroid can also cause a stiff nick and shoulders, which I have literally been struggling with for over a year now, so I'm hoping more than just my weight issue will clear up. Add - concentration issues, skin issues, dark circles under my eyes.

+ some dates for MT, woops!

Another fairly good day.

B - yoghurt, banana, raspberries, honey (last time), coffee
    L - chicken and roast veg salad, dates
    T - steak, onion and leek in butter, rocket

Roughly 1600 cal, 100g protein, 150g carbs

Didn't run - this cold is hanging around, sore throat etc, plus slept quite badly. Very bad stomach pains from ?
    Anyway, better today, and after two crap nights I should sleep well tonight. I did do some houeswork, and a 40min walk on the treadmill.

I've been reading more and more about hypothyroidism, and some of the symptoms include:
    - weight gain
    - inability to lose
    - fatigue
    - moodiness
    - difficult concentrating
    - obsessive thoughts
    - stiff neck and shoulder
    - yellow palms
    - dark circles
    - sleep disturbances

I think I am a candidate!

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I've been reading more and more about hypothyroidism, and some of the symptoms include:
    - weight gain
    - inability to lose
    - fatigue
    - moodiness
    - difficult concentrating
    - obsessive thoughts
    - stiff neck and shoulder
    - yellow palms
    - dark circles
    - sleep disturbances
    That's actually pretty scary! I have all those symptoms except the yellow palms.

I don't really want to diagnose myself (obsessive thoughts) but I may raise this with my Doc this week. I have results from a fasting blood test to cover off so might bring it up...

Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this?
    I'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by BigJilm View Post
    That's actually pretty scary! I have all those symptoms except the yellow palms.

I don't really want to diagnose myself (obsessive thoughts) but I may raise this with my Doc this week. I have results from a fasting blood test to cover off so might bring it up...

Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this?
    Hm, well it never hurts to ask. I mean, the symptoms are also symptomatic of any number of things, but personally, combined with my inability to lose weight on a calorie controlled diet (obviously I am not counting the last two weeks), and a very low T3 blood level, I am leaning towards them all being hypothyroid symptoms. And I am not certain about the obsessive thoughts bit - I do get obsessive, but then, how much of that is a symptom, and how muhc of it is reaction to fighting my body all the time to lose weight and being forced to think about what I eat all the time (because the diet isn't working etc) is hard to tell. Hypothyroid is very quite common though.

Yeah I am completely off the rails. Binged all day yesterday on stupid food. I wonder if there is a connection between low T3 and binging? It's such a weird sensation - when I woke up yesterdat I woke up wanting to eat, and wanting to eat bad stuff, and I could shake the idea all day - I just wanted to keep shovelling stuff in. I mean, there must be something going on if it can drive me to eat like that, thus ruining everything I work hard for and is the complete antithesis of my goals.
    And then today I wake up fine, no binge urges at all.
    And this isn't just like having a biscuit cause it's there and 'not being able to stop' - this is an urge that drives me to go and buy stuff, not even pretending that i'll 'only have a little bit'.

I'm going to take a break for a few days and come back after I've seen the doc.

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I totally know that feeling. It's one that I think we'd need to b superhuman to avoid. Really hoping your doctor is positive and helpful. I'm still hesitating on going because I can just see him getting stuck on the things I'm not eating and not focus on what I do eat and the things I can change. Haven't seen any changes myself either though so I'm going to have to try a least soon. Fingers, toes and everything crossed for you!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Off to the doc today - wish me luck!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast