Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 5

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It must be something in the air, because I've been on a ridiculous binge as well. I can't even recount everything I shoved into my face last night. So easy to get frustrated with it too and be like "F IT! If I want my pudding I will eat my flipping pudding!" and then 4 days later I'm in that self deprecating and hateful "Why are you a failure?!" mode. Agreed, need to find a happy medium! This fluctuation between binging and 100% is exhausting, not to mention unhealthy

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Lordy lord, I don't know what is happening to us all! Sugar is the devil.

Anyway, I actually had a good, binge free day today. 1 day down yippee!

Breakfast: quiches, tuna, pesto, coffee with dash lite milk
    MT: apple
    Lunch: chicken salad with roast veg
    Tea: beef stif fry, brussels with butter

Roughly 1590cal, 125protein, 68carbs

Exercise: 30mins weights

I actually had another, binge free day today. 2 days down yippee!

Breakfast: quiches, tuna, pesto, coffee with dash lite milk
    MT: apple
    Lunch: chicken salad with roast veg
    Tea: steak, onion and leek in butter, rocket

Roughly 1538cal, 130protein, 70carbs

Exercise: none, long day at uni

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    I also fell off the wagon on the weekend - I promised my wife Id have a slice of a very impressive (and rich) cake shed spent all weekend making. This thing was 110% sugar.

I usually record my weight daily, but after getting back onto PB eating and an IF yesterday I am now under my weight from Friday.

Was it worth it? At the time I ate my first mouthful it was good, but the mild headache, and shaking hands for the few hours after, Im not so sure.

You can count that as your 20% for sure...

Yeah, today was sh*t. Not even going to try and work out my calories. Started out with no exercise as I'd had a bad night sleep. Then:
    B - quiches, tuna, pesto, 2xcoffee
    MT - greek yoghurt, 6 dates
    Lunch - went out with a friend, had a potato/veg cake with poached egg, which was very good, but then ate a piece of banoffe pie
    AT - another coffee
    Tea - steak, onion and leek in butter, piece pumpkin

And tomorrow won't be much better due to this wine tour. I'll have to commit to really get back to proper eating (no desserts!!) starting Sunday. It's just been a bad week foodwise. And exercise wise. And weight wise - my thigh cm increased, but I really can't be suprised considering the (delicious) crap I've been shovelling into my body.

One thing I think I will never achieve is this aversion to SAD foods that some Primaler's get. You know, 'Oh I can't eat that now, it makes me gag', or 'I just don't like cakes and bread any more'. B*ll s*hit lol, I cannot conceive of that. I effing LOVE desserts, which is why this is so hard haha.

In postive news, only two weeks till I see the doc!!

Also, I noticed the last two days I've been severly bloated, similar to pre primal, and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the apples. Don't know why them and not other fruit or processed sugar, but it's definitely the green apples.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I can't ever imagine having an aversion to some foods either. I love love love desserts! And actually, I could probably say no to a lot of things others can't (chips, takeout, pizza?) but not a cheesecake or fresh cookies!

I just need to find a way to work these into my 20%. Right now, I am so hellbent on losing weight that Im trying to cut everything out. Something happens, and I gorge on my favorites b/c I have to "start again" tomorrow. I have also tried having just a bit anytime I want, Thant doesn't work either. Oh the dilemma...

My experience exactly - restrict then binge, and can't seem to do just a little.

Anyway, I went on a wine tour yesterday - and then stayed out till midnight, and it was about as bad as it could be (but also completely awesome). We had a freakin brilliant time, drinking wine all day, good food, desserts, then back to my friends place for pizza, cupcakes, more drinks, then into town to dance and drink a bit more. I can't remember the last time I was out that long and had that much fun. Didn't even try to gt my jeans on this morning though - measured my thighs and they are up 1.5cm each! At least I'll see the doc soon so I may stand a chance of losing some of it.

Between now and then - firstly no more junk as I need to detox. But not silly restrictions - I'll eat somewhere from 50-100g carbs, milk in coffee, yoghurt, fruit etc and ~1500 calories.

Today - no exercise (too sick)

B - quiche, tuna, pesto
    2 coffess
    L - tuna salad
    T - bacon and eggs

Roughly 1394 cal, 141protein, 51carbs

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a awesome day. No judgement here.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    No judgement here either! Play is one of the most important things to a balanced life. That night sounded like a blast! Reminds me...I need one of those!

Ha, I love not being judged! I don't really regret in, in spite of my obvious weight gain, because the day was legendary, we're still laughing about it.

Plus I was rewarded with some semi-good news today. Some of my blood tests results came in the mail (only the medicare covered ones I think, one of the stress hormone stuff), but my T3 is low again - about 2.9 when normal is 2.6-6, but the doc told me in her email I should be on 6, so that bodes well for getting a prescription or something to help me out. I def think it's stopping me from losing weight. So between now and then not gonna stress about these last week or so, back on the wagon, and taking it as it comes.

B - greek yoghurt, banana, tsp honey, 2 coffee
    L - chicken salad with roast veg
    T - steak, onion and leek in butter, rocket, small piece pumpkin

Roughly 1382 cal, 100g protein, 94carbs

Weights

Ha, my supervisor phoned last night to catch up on what I've been doing, and after about 10mins I had to admit that I was supremely hungover due to a wine tour, and somehow the phone convo still ended with her telling me what a great student I am. I should have bought her a bottle!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast