Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 4

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Proud to say I did much better today. And I did go and do those weights yesterday arvo. And slept really well.

Today:
    Breakfast: quiche, tuna, pesto, mayo
    Lunch: 2 tin tuna, roast pumpkin, eggplants, lettuce, mush, pesto, seaweed
    Tea: steak, onion and leek in butter, rocket
    Plus when I visited mum she had made an orange cake with cream cheese icing, and I had the tiniest teensiest piece ever - delicious, so dense and moist, but I stopped at a taste.

1490 cal , 140protein (38%), 47carbs (13%), 49% fat

Exercise: 40min run this morning (had plenty of energy thanks to all that carb yesterday!), and 45 min walk this arvo.

I am so over this. I am over working hard for 5 weeks or something to get nowhere, and then undoing all that hard work in a single meal. It's so dispiriting. Weight loss SHOULDN'T be THIS hard. I am so over it. This doctor appointment on June 1 can't come fast enough. I am not even going to try and lose weight between now and then because no matter how hard I try it won't happen. I don't think I'll even weight or measure myself till the morning of the appointment.

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the exact same place. Can't be bothered trying anymore then to only feel guilty when I have a chocolate or an extra piece of cheese. I was so much more content before I started worrying about my weight so much. My pants are only getting tighter. My goals for this week are to enjoy my food and enjoy my sleep-ins rather then feeling guilty at each meal and for not getting up at sparrows fart.
    Hope that this week for you is relaxing and helps to put things in perspective too.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

At least it feels good to not be alone! It's hard not to worry though. And it is exhausting keeping it all up without results - I think, if I got results, it would be less exhausting, because I wouldn't be feeding all this energy into a black hole. And there'd be the good feelings that come along with achieving. But constant vigilance + no results make for very dispiriting times. Here's to a week of trying not to care so much.

Agreed. I've been following a whole range of people both on here and on FB where they have completely transformed their lives, are so much 'healthier' and seem to have had results come with no problems. I then found out this morning that one person who I've been admiring has lost her marriage along the way and it makes me glad i've not gone insane along the way. How does your husband feel about your diet and exercise? Mine is very supportive but doesn't like it when I get all stressed out about it. He has an amazing metabolism that allows him to drop 3 kg just by skipping lunch for a couple of days. So frustrating. :|

Since beginning Primal:

Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Agreed. I've been following a whole range of people both on here and on FB where they have completely transformed their lives, are so much 'healthier' and seem to have had results come with no problems. I then found out this morning that one person who I've been admiring has lost her marriage along the way and it makes me glad i've not gone insane along the way. How does your husband feel about your diet and exercise? Mine is very supportive but doesn't like it when I get all stressed out about it. He has an amazing metabolism that allows him to drop 3 kg just by skipping lunch for a couple of days. So frustrating. :|

That's the thing - you can't completely cut yourself off from the rest of the world just to maintain the primal diet. My husband is supportive of me too - as in, he always tells me he loves me no matter what size I am etc, but he also is accepting of the fact that I don't feel so forgiving about my body lol, and is supportive in my efforts because it is what I want. He doesn't like to see me stress or get upset about it. He also seems to be able to eat whatever and not have any problem - he eats take out at least once a week (on night shift at work, well away from me), and often eats biscuits or chips, bread etc. And the only exercise he gets is the weekly bike ride I make him do with me - whereas I exercise daily.

I believe this diet does work, but I don't believe it takes this 100% vigilence that seems to be required of some of the ladies here - like, if I can't do it without a little 'cheat' room for nights out etc, I think there is something wrong. I mean, I personally don't seem to be able to lose weight by eating primally and counting calories. This just doesn't make SENSE. I have friends eating similar calories, following a conventional diet, still eating treats once or twice a week, and loosing. They eat bread! Meanwhile I eat very clean 99% of the time and can't budge. That's why I am really looking forward to see this doc in a few weeks - I got a blood test form today and she is testing everything - thyroid, dhea, cortisol, hormones etc.

OK turns out I can't just relax a little and not binge. From Saturday (with the cake and ice cream), last night with 2/3 bag honey roasted macadamias, and this morning was the worst - I bought a darryl lea choc bar and another cadbury one and ate both in the car before bringing the shopping home, and then ate half a jar of almond and chia seed butter I just bought. That is seriously sick binging. I keep thinking 'what's the point" Doesn't matter what I do I can't lose weight anyway. Why even bother trying till I see the doc?", plus I still have lunch out Friday and a whole day wine tour + food Saturday, so I keep thinking what's the point of being good between now and then??

I know. I'll just stack the weight on even faster. I guess this is what comes from being so restrictive in my diet for so long.

Anyway. I am going to commit to counting my calories again Wednesday and Thursday, no SAD foods, just healthy primal fare, and on Friday I'll pick the best lunch I can, and Saturday...well, hands are tied, and then from Sunday - the doc visit I will be back to 100% primal, but not restricted, eating. SO plenty of veg, not VLC, some dairy, 1500ish cal, etc.

Sounds like a good plan Lucy. It's really hard to rationalise trying so hard, not seeing results and I'm feeling the same. Im looking forward to hearing what the doctor says. Try to enjoy being primal. Its yummy!

Since beginning Primal:

Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Sounds like a good plan Lucy. It's really hard to rationalise trying so hard, not seeing results and I'm feeling the same. Im looking forward to hearing what the doctor says. Try to enjoy being primal. Its yummy!

Ahh, I'm feeling much better tonight. I took a mental break today - no work, I lay in bed and read 'The Hunger Games' practically cover to cover. I think I just needed a day of nothing. I am positive tomorrow I won't binge, I just know I am through the danger period. I had a healthy, primal tea to set me up for tomorrow. I have tomorrow's food planned out. I think, I need a half way point between all out primal and binge-fest. Going to eat primal, eat ~1500 calories, but screw cutting out the coffee which I 100% love because I just look for other things to fill the void. At this point it's not the coffee stopping my from losing - I think it's got to be something hormonal (current binge aside). Same with the guilt over diet drinks. If I want to go primal, going gradual won't hurt. Better than 'all or nothing', cause my all is quite encompassing.

I hope the doc turns up something - half those tests weren't emdicare rebateable and are costing my over
    $300, plus the doc is going to set me back another $350.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am so over it at this point too. I havnt weighed myself all month but I know I am not down any, I think I have gained too. I learned recently my hormone levels are all screwed up (not thyroid.) it just makes me wonder if it is inhibiting me at all. I spent the last 4 days in a sugar-feeding frenzy! I am so disappointed in myself b/c I had done so well for 2weeks. I'm hoping today will be better, at least my husband ate the last of the chocolate mousse!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast