Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 27

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Woo day 2 of the 8 hour eating window approach AND i'm loving it. I don't really feel hungry til about 11am anyway, and then it's just a short wait until I can open the ol' eating window. Much easier. And much less stressful. And I am getting more work done as I am not thining about food all the time.

I decided to day that I am just going to maintain my weight at 60kg. I won't be any happier with my body at 58kg, I think I need to work on liking my body as it is, or I'll never be happy, if that makes sense? It's more about my acceptance of it now, rather than any further possible changes. I am a healthy weight. I have no health issues (other than my thyroid). I am sleeping better than I have in a long time, I don't need afternoon naps anymore, and generally I have more energy. I could sweat and slave away and whittle off the last few vanity kilos, but I don't think it's worth the effort. I enjoy carbs and I enjoy food! I won't be any happier 2 kg lighter. Life won't be any easier. My phd will still be bloody tough work. All my clothes me fit now, so there is no *need* (other than the vanity of nicer legs). I think I'd prefer to just keep plodding along with this 8 hour window approach, and as long as I maintain my weight not worry about anything else. Instead I'll focus on maintaining my fitness, eating healthy foods, and working on not overeating.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Hey Lucy! I was reading your post on a thread earlier. I'm suspecting I have a rT3 issue. I hope you don't mind me asking you this... Are you on Cytomel? I'm looking to stop naturethroid (NDT) and start T3 only to try to correct it. I have a journal if you would rather post there! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Hey Lucy! I was reading your post on a thread earlier. I'm suspecting I have a rT3 issue. I hope you don't mind me asking you this... Are you on Cytomel? I'm looking to stop naturethroid (NDT) and start T3 only to try to correct it. I have a journal if you would rather post there! Thanks!!!
    Do you have a link?

But yeah, probably, I'm always banging on about my thyroid!! I take the Australian version of Cytomel, yes. i stopped NDT as it was just exacerbating my problems. BUT I had all my blood work done by my doctor to determine that I had high rT3 and low t3. And even when my rT3 cleared I was resistant to NDT, and then to slow release T3, so I had to go on straight t3. I saw results within weeks of starting! Are you thinking of doing all this under a doctors guidance or on your own? Because as my GP said, there are a LOT of reasons why you could be low thyroid, and it's best tog et the full bloodwork etc and know for sure.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking of starting it on my own... Most of the docs I've been to are clueless. I have an appt with her in 3 weeks though and I'm going to talk to her about it. My labs from 8 months ago show I have a rt3 issue and nothing was said. Then I started NDT and things still aren't squared away.

I'm going to read through some of your journal when I get a chance. Awesome progress!! I hope to make some progress soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I'm thinking of starting it on my own... Most of the docs I've been to are clueless. I have an appt with her in 3 weeks though and I'm going to talk to her about it. My labs from 8 months ago show I have a rt3 issue and nothing was said. Then I started NDT and things still aren't squared away.

I'm going to read through some of your journal when I get a chance. Awesome progress!! I hope to make some progress soon.
    Fair enough, although I'd at least get some more recent blood tests - anything could have happened in 8 months! I found that with NDT nothing happened for me - I was taking huuuge doses and still felt like crap. Then I went to slow realse t3 - still nothing. But at least after a months on that my rt3 would have cleared, so when I started on straight t3 I felt better almost overnight! Took about a month really, but still.

Scales are away again. I had some success resisting them enough to weight once per week...that lasted 1 week! I can't help myself. If they are in the house, no matter how much I want to resist them, I have moments of weakness and get them out. Kinda like dieting! So I took them to my parents' place and my mum hid them from me. It's the only way!

So far I appear to be maintaining while following an 8 hour eating window approach (12-8pm 5-6 days per week). Obviously not going by my weight, but by the fact that my skinny jeans still fit (possibly even a bit loose?). I would like to work on gaining some muscle, and hopefully now the scales are away I will be able to do that without freaking out about an increased in the numbers!

My main focus now is therefore not the scale, or coutning calories, but on controlling my addictive eating urges. I was doing well with it, then kinda forgot to use it, and started over snacking etc. No detriment, I didn't gain, but that's not the point. So I am keeping the book in my living room and rereading a chapter each day, I will just do this over and over to keep all the lessons in the forefront of my mind.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Update: deleting my account. In spite of being at goal, i still obsess over my weight and diet too much, which leads to binges etc. The only way to stop obsessing about it is to stop being obsessed - stop thinking about it, talking about it, reading about it etc. So deleting all my diet etc related accounts, deleting my food trackers, and calorie counters etc, and going to stop talking about my weight and diet, and other people's weight and diets, and focusing on controling my addictive desire to eat. Bye!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627