Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 24

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also I am putting the scales back in the cupboard until June 1. I've gotten a tad obsessive and excessive with the weighing again.

OK, failed at a healthy night out! I dunno why, now that I am finally loising weight all my resolve to eat primally is going out the window. Three cocktails and a pizza out the window! Trying not to dine out on that side order of guilt for the rest of the week

It was REALLY good catching up with my borther and SIL, and getting some one on one time with them (and my husband too of course).

And I didn't weight myself! Thank god....

Oh gawd, I have no self control Visited my mum yesterday and she had made homemade flourless orange cake, so of course I ate a hgue piece with ice cream. Calories were still under for the week, but not as much as usual. Usual fears of gaining weight. Also as I am not getting on the scale til June 1, I am afraid that not seeing my weight will lead me to continue to be too lax with the diet and gain. Also I didn't ride this morning, as I have a late meeting with my supervisor and needed the sleep in. And only fasting twice this week. And dinner out AGAIN on Saturday. And Hawaii looms.

I need to keep repeating to myself that I made a conscious decision to drop back to two fasts for a few weeks and just aim to maintain my current weight. My aim was to MAINTAIN. So far nothing has jeapordised that. I hate this, I just want to be at my goal weight already! It has been too too long a journey.

OK done stressing, just proceed as normal

Last night I dreamt I started a herb garden, at from 4 am I was wide awake with desire for a garden! Pity it is almost Winter. But my dad is an avid gardener so he is going to donate some plants to me, and help me out come spring. Or back yard is pretty small and bleak, I just want to rejuvinate a section of garden bed with some herbs and shrubs and flowers. Something to potter about in on the weekends.

OK, I am getting very excited about starting a garden! My dad has some plants to give me, and I am going tog et out on the weekend and start prepping the place for Spring.

Oh my dad is so cute. I went round to talk about gardening, and as well as giving me advice, he has started lots of little cuttings of lavender and jasmine under his heat lamps for me. And he already went out and bought rosemary and thmye and is going to repot them for me. There will be nothing left for me to do! But no, we have gotten more ambitious and are going to do more than just a herb garden and the garden bed. Nothing too expensive, as we only plan to be at this house a few more years, but it will make it a bit more attractive when it does come time to seel, because at the moment the garden is bare, weedy, dead and ugly. Plus it is really nice to have something to talk about with me dad. Brings back happy memories of gardening with him when I was a LOT younger

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    That is so cool that you're going to be able to do this garden, and so sweet that your dad is getting into it and it's shaping up to be a bonding experience! I'm excited for you. I'd love to do something similar someday when my house situation is different.

Hooray for your conscious efforts to stay off of the scale for a while and to take a "break" and shoot for maintenance. I'm thinking that you may still see some loss, to tell you the truth. You're already on track to meet and maybe even surpass your goal by Hawaii time!

Sounds like your mom's baking would render me defenseless and I'd have to wear a clothespin on my nose and request that she keep such items out of my sight!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Argh, yes, her cooking is the devil! But so good, she does the best cakes.

I actually was bad and got out in the garden for an hour yesterday instead of doing uni work. It was good to get started though, jsut weeding the flower beds etc - full of rocks and tree roots.

I also banged my little toe on a foot stool thingy yesterday, and it is all bruised and sore today!

Hm, I don't think I'll lose any weight, definitely not feeling any smaller, and I have another dinner out at an italian place that only does pizza and pasta on Saturday. But I am going to do another easy week next week, then go back to a three fast week to try and kick start the weight loss again. I just want to get rid of these last 4kg and be done!

Our yard isn't very big, and unfortunately doesn't get much sun, but I am hoping with dad's advice I will be able to get something going

Sigh, I think I am getting a bit of a cold!

Also I went home early yesterday because frankly the Statistics Rhd office, which I share with a handful of other students, is filthy - first mice (and the cleaners still haven't answered our requests about that), and yesterday an infestation of big fat disgusting flies. *shudder*. I killed a few, but it made me dry retch, and then when the next door room was opened there were even more, so I just went home.

Upside was another hour spent digging in the garden rather than doing uni! In all honestly I felt sick, was hurting all over from my PT session on Thursday, AND fasting, I just couldn't concentrate. Anyway there appears to be the remains of a brick wall in what is to be my flower bed. Will need to think about how to get it out.

Also I caved and got on the scales, still 62kg. Which, although slightly disappointing because I'd love to have lost, it's probably pretty good for the weekend I had last weekend and dropping back to two fasts.

Dinner out tonight. I am looking forward to next weekend when I have NO social functions.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In spite of having a cold I am feeling really good about today's fast! The last two weeks have been tough, but perhaps dropping back to 5:2 last week is having a positive effect on this week? We'll see.

Apart from that I am working from home today rather than the uni, because pretty much all I am doing is blowing my nose, and in spite of the fact that EVERYONE ELSE in my office insists on coming in to work and blowing copious amounts of snot into tissues in close quarters with everyone else, and hacking up half a lung, and generally spreading their sickness about, I have decided that I won't go down that path. Hence staying at home!

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast