Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 2

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Alright, day 3 no dairy. And everything else.
    Exercsie : 30mins weights session at home

IF til lunch.
    Lunch: chicken salad, with roast veg etc
    AT: tin tuna with some pesto
    Dinner: steak stir fry, the usual veg

933cal, 127protein (55%), 19carbs (9%), 34% fat

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're doing well with no dairy. I'm having issues with it as well, but it DEFINITELY is a gateway food to binging for me. I'll try the 100% no dairy with you!

Also, I'm going to second (or third, or fourth) the need for more fat! On an average day I aim for it to be about 50% and the energy levels are so much different. Anyways, just a thought, it's an easy way to boost up your calories a little bit and prevent your body from going into starvation and retention mode

Whilst I don't avoid fat, I can't come at the idea of adding dollops of butter or coconut oil to my food just for the calories, especially when I am trying to lose weight. My metabolism is slower than 'normal', since I have a thyroid condition. However, I think I am going to give IF the flick for a while. I am not hungry when I wake, but I've always loved breakfast, and the IF seems to be doing jack for me anyway.

Today:
    If till lunch.
    Lunch - 3 eggs omlette, bacon, rocket
    Snack - (to get my calories up a bit) tin tuna + an artichoke heart, some pesto
    Dinner - will be steak, with onion and leek cooked in butter, plus rocket

1020 calories, 109protein (43%), 13carbs (5%), 52%fat

Exercise: 30min run, 30min to and from shops.

Still dairy free, and therefore, also coffee free.

Ellement is offline Member
    I quite like a drizzle of olive oil over my vegies, still can't quite come at the "smothering everything in butter thing"...too many years avoiding the stuff, though when I was in my teens I was a butter fiend, used to have it on everything. Particularly used to love smearing it all over my steak! Then I fell into the "fat is bad" camp and didn't touch it for a long time. Happy to have it back in my diet, but only in moderation.

And day 4 with no dairy, doing well! Have you had any side effects from cutting out the coffee?
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Yeah no side effects with the coffee, I had been cutting back anyway. Unfortunately no weight loss yet either

Quickie update, off to the movies with some friends.

Breakfast - piece brocolli quiche, tin tuna
    Lunch - bacon, eggs, rocket
    Dinner - baked brussels sprouts and bacon, with olice oil, rocket

1281 cal, 121protien (39%), 22carbs (7%), 54% fat

Had a diet drink at mums. It's hard I love them so much! So cold and tingly...and without coffee, milk, etc, there's not much left! I try to minimise, it's a lot less than what I used to drink...

Exercise: 30min weights, and some housework

Ellement is offline Member
    You might find that the longer you do this the less diet drinks will appeal...and anyway even if that never happens they can just be part of your 20%. We all have our weaknesses. I know that potato chips are bad for me, they're nearly all cooked in vegetable oil...but I can't see myself never ever eating them again. Just love that salty crunchiness too much. Best I can do is just have them very occassionally and try not to scoff a whole bag in one go lol
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I love love love tortilla chips, damn straight I won't give them up completely BUT I did pass them up last night! I was happy to read a forum posted about primal eaters encourporating pork rinds. If this is something you like, you may try them instead of potato chips? I know I miss the salty/crunchy so this is a good alternative for me. No carbs!!

I am quite the chip fan, but I rarely ate them anyway on CW so it's not quite a big deal for me. I used to live on diet drinks - I was consuming so much artificial sweetener it's not funny. So actually, even cutting back to 1-2 diet cokes a week is a huge improvement, and if I can work on cutting down rather than out, eventually I may be able to painlessly quit. I always make sure I never buy it at uni or work or when at the shops, as that's just bordem drinking, and I never have it in the house. I usually cave when at my mum's - we shave a diet coke and sit in the sun, or when out for dinner.

Actually, confession. At the petrol station yesterday I bought two packs of extra, on special etc. I chewed about 8 pieces quickly (cause that's what I do), and boy did I feel sick ALL afternoon. Like seriously. I can't handle them anymore. So that is one source of sweetener out for good.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Alrighty, a good day today.

Breakfast: piece quiche, tuna
    Lunch: chicken salad with roast pumpkin, eggplant etc
    Tea: home made bolognaise sauce, mince, roast veg

1234 cal, 120protein (40%), 5carbs (18%), 41% fat

Today and tomorrow are my 'high' carb days, where I get some roast pumpkin at lunch!

Exercise: 45min walk.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast