Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 19

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Totally doing the happy dance right now! I snuck a peek a day early at the scales - 65kg! Woo! I haven't been this low since I got married...alas when I got married I had already put on 5kg from my thyroid, but still!

And look, I am going to say it, cake WILL be eaten tomorrow. Lunch at my parents with extended family, and there will be portabello mushrooms stuffed with goats cheese and herbs, pumpkin and walnut salad with honey dressing, roast beef, roast pork, potato skins, white rolls (which I shall avoid), and mum is making a choc mud cake with choc ganache and straberries dipped in dark choc and drizzled with white choc to decorate the cake. And frankly, I intend to eat the sh*t out a piece of cake, and call it my 20%! It's Easter, and I never get chocolate eggs or anything, and my mum is a seriously good cake maker, so I am having a treat.

Then fasting again Sunday.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I had a feeling you'd be back to 65 kg in no time! Sounds like the alternate day fasting thing is working for you right now, and I'm not surprised. I actually did that for quite a while and really liked it and felt good while doing it. My digestive tract responded well to it and my energy levels were great, even though that was during the time when my thyroid had tanked and was at one of the lowest points. I've thought about doing it again eventually and coordinating it with work days and sleep days. There are lots of ways to tweak things, too. Some people lower their up day calories and raise their down day totals if they start feeling a little snacky or binge-y. It's really a great way of eating and has lots of benefits, especially when the diet consists of primal food!

I'm glad you're planning on eating what you want on Easter, including the cake that sounds like chocolate HEAVEN! You're going to be where you are hoping to in September, I can feel it!

As far as daily weighing goes, I did find a couple of journals containing weight loss charts and they are good examples of how those little upward bobbles are bound to happen and mean NOTHING in the long run - in fact, they seem to be common right before a nice little drop in weight. Look up paleo charlie's journal and click on the little paper clip off to the side of the title. You'll see his weight loss charts/graphs. It's a great illustration of how true losses are not linear. It's also a good reminder for me not to change things up according to what's going on with the scale and to stick with the slow and steady route!

How's little Joey?
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Yes, and even better I was still 65kg this mornng! Which, alas, gives me away, I have got the scales out every day for three days! I left them down this morning, on the bargain that at MOST I weigh every morning, but if I start to hop back on several times during the day, they're going back in the cupboard for at least a week!

OMG that cake was to.die.for! So worth eating evil flour and sugar for! Also, ice cream on the side haha. But I am in love with choc covered strawberries now, something that could probably be made fairly primally.

Anyway, big bike ride yesterday and today, plus a walk yesterday avro and possibly this arvo. Fasting today also - to be honest, although they're hard, the fast days feel good too, and I was looking forward to it. It feels like a kind of cleanse, or repair.

Intresting re your thoughts on fasting, especially the digestion stuff.

What plans do you have for Easter?

And yes, I think this time, and hopefully not jinxing myelf here, I finally WILL have lost weight for my goal! (i.e. Hawaii and bikini's!)

Joey is completely insane, at four months, he is a bundle of energy. Still super cute though!

Also, not to be too graphic, but on women's issues - I haven't had a proper period in years. I was checked for nasties like cancer etc, and I am clear, so it was concluded that my pill was too blame. I went off it a few months back and got a period, however I went back on it because the stress of not being on it was too great (cue me taking a pregnancy test every week haha!). Anyway, I actually got my period this month. Shock! I was thinking, 'Why does my tummy feel uncomfortable? This is odd, I didn't eat anything different to usual' lol. I wonder if this has to do with the thryoid meds finally working (i.e. weight loss), and possibly the fast??

Ok, so far so good, managed to stay off the scales until this morning. They showed a bit under 65kg, but I'd say I've stayed the same over easter, as weight after a fast day is likely to be falsely low. Or, show a false loss. So pretty happy with that!

This pretty much means I am averaging a kilo a month. Considering March was pretty dodge - i.e. 4 days away eating, a binge, cake TWICE! and dinner out as well, I think that's pretty good!

Yesterday's fast was harder than the first, mainly I think because I rode my bike in the morning and walked in the evening, whereas my first fast I didn't exercise much at all. Still, got through it, walked this morning, and big breaky today. Looking forward to an indulgent dinner of butter chicken curry with my husband tonight - usually too many calories to fit into a 1300 cal day, but now it is possible! (albeit still a treat as it is like, 900cal).

I will NOT buy an broken on sale left over Easter eggs at the shops today

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Hey, that's great news about your period returning even though it's not the most fun thing ever. I'd say that's one of the biggest signs that your meds are really, really working! Straightening those hormones out will only help everything else and I feel strongly that the state of a woman's menstrual cycle is a huge indicator of overall health, metabolism and balance! I'd say that 2kg per month loss is pretty freaking great, too - serious progress! It's good to see that you're feeling confident about meeting your goal by Hawaii time. That lack of stress is going to be yet another benefit to you! I still think we underestimate the negative effects of stress and let it creep back in along with our bad habits that only perpetuate it. Easier said than done, though, like so many other things we tell ourselves....

Which Easter eggs seem to call your name? I think you mentioned them before, but I can't remember. Are they the Cadbury type gooey gloppy ones?
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Well I am hoping it's a good sign!

Also, anything with chocolate in it! Although I do like Cadbury Cream Eggs....it's been years since I've had one though. Probably, if I was going to cave, I'd get a rocky road egg - it's a half egg filled with rocky road. Yum. And an entire elegant rabbit. But I didn't get anything. If I am at goal weight next year I'll treat myself

How are you going thyroid wise and Easter wise/

Enough fantasizing about bad food!

Although if I'm not doing that my mind tends to be all tumbleweeds.

Erm...rode my bike this morning. That's about it.

Hm, the fasting thing, and also the fasting support thread, has made my realise that I am not 'comfortable' with hunger (no suprise, most people aren't). On non-fast days I tend to snack morning and afternoon, immediately when I get hungry. Which I guess will just make the fast days harder. So today I am going to try very hard NOT to snack between meals, and learn to know hunger on non-fast days also.

Third fast today. The days that I fast when I am at work and don't exercise are DEFINITELY easier. But I think I'll still stick with Sunday as my other day, plus exercise that day. It's all going well, haven't gained any weight etc, so at least it is NO WORSE than calorie counting every day - and easier.

Not much else to report. I have a two day workshop next week where I'll have to eat out breakfast and dinner, and whatever they supply at lunch - although as usual I said I was coealiac and require 'gluten free'. Usually this means you get your own healthier meal, and a single serve, as opposed to loads of bread and suasage rolls and a buffet style where you end up eating too much. If I've request a special meal I definitely feel to emabarrassed to then go and help myself to pastries etc. The lunch and dinner I won't have much choice, but at least on the 5:2 diet I don't have to be so strict about the calories (impossible, in my experience, to stick to 1300 when eating out every meal!).

Fast done and dusted. It was so hard last night - my husband cooked himself a taco salad, and the smell was driving me crazy!! Annnd when I went up to bed I could still smell it in the bedroom! Ha.

Ah well.

Um. Yeah, I tried on my smallest pari of jeans and they *almost* fit again. Once upon a time they were a bit lose. Then they were so tight I couldn't get them up my thighs. Now they go up, but a bit tight for comfort. Also I have a whole new (old) wardrobe to wear to work this winter again! Pants that didn't go up my thighs 8 months ago now fit very nicely.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast