Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 17

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Hm, well I am eager, I think I may have lost a tiny amount, but I am actually not going to weight until March 2. My big phd presentation confirmation and oral defence is the 1st, and if it's bad news weight wise I really don't want to find out the morning of such an important day!
    Good strategy! You sure are wise in your young age....

Glad you're walking and not running in addition to the biking - although I do hope that you ARE able to do both running and riding soon. It will be so great NOT to have to worry about overdoing things that we know are good for us!

I'll wait for March 2 with ya. I may even wait longer. It's not even something I think about anymore, which is awesome.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, honestly I have no real desire to run anymore. The only reason I ever did it was I thought it was going to make me skinny. I hated it. As soon as I stopped believing that if I just ran enough I'd lose weight, well, my motivation to run crumbled.

But it'd be nice to not have to worry about whether a bike ride or a long walk is going to negatively effect me!

Phew, confirmation done and dusted! I can't believe I made it through! And I weighed myself this morning, 66kg! That's 1kg down. Slower than I'd like, but the right direction for sure!

Wow, great news on both fronts!! I bet you are so glad it's over with. Congrats on getting that done AND on the 1 kg - especially while your stress level has been higher than your norm! Keep in mind, the slow stuff will stick, so this is just as much (if not more) of a success than had it been 2, or 3..... Trust me, though - you know I hear ya - the feeling of "let's just get this shit over with already!" is all too familiar. I bet you'll drop a little more very soon now that your stress level can finally level back off.

Will you have more time to spend with little Joey now?

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Yeah, and the best part is I can FINALLY fit into my True Religion jeans that I bought almost a year and a half ago in Hawaii! They have little swarovski crystals in the buttons. I still have a few kilos to go, but it's good to know that it IS coming off, albeit slowly. But yes, it would be nice to just finally be at goa already! I still count calories, aiming for a 1300 cal net most days, so when I get to goal I want to concentrate on getting that up with more nutritious food.

Erm, yeah kind of, although now I have to actually DO everything I said I'd do in my proposal - even harder than the confirmation process itself! I am having an easy week this week though - need to see the phsio tomorrow, then I have an appointment as part of a phd student's research project Tuesday, lol. I volunteered last year, and basically it's to see whether food intake is related to skin tone (as I am yellowish I figured I'd be a great subject!). So I went along and they did a full body measure test etc (weight, body fat %, muscle mass etc), plus filled out a food frequency questionairre, and then she measured my skin hue. So I am going back Tuesday to re test. I was keen to go back, as when I went before I was 72kg, and although within my healthy BMI was body fat put me in the overweight category. So I am pumped to go back at 66kg! It'll be interesting to see if the body fat % has decreased etc.

Not much to report, bike ride this morning. Also, my weight seems to be steady at 66kg, so it's definitely a loss and not a fluke. Even after an admittedly not very good weekend, where i ate a bit of junk food at a 1st birthday party. The thyroid issues have definitely improved, usually a bit of junk would lead to a gain. Also, I managed to have just a little without giving up and binging for the rest of the day - win!

Also the scale is back up in the cupboard until 1st April! I went STRAIGHT back to bad habits of weighing three times a day and wondering if suddenly I was gaining weight, and if suddenly it had stopped working, ETC.
    Once per month I think, for the forseeable future, will do.

Ok, so lots more great news to comment on - congrats on fitting into your jeans, (that's HUGE!) on staying steady at 66kg despite the cheat, and on catching yourself right off the bat and sticking that scale back up in the cupboard! You are on fire!

But........have you gotten to play with Joey yet??

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ha, well some, he's still very cute but getting quite big! He is very submissive, rolls over onto his back as soon as show him any attention - which is good! I'm going out for lunch with my mum and sister tomorrow, so I'll probably visit him tomorrow too.

And yeah, pretty chuffed about fitting into the jeans! Also, I had been planning on having some cake with my mum tomorrow, but now I think I won't - for two reasons. Well three. 1. The small amount of sugar and cake I had last weekend made my skin break out; 2. I don't want to undo my hard work; and 3. My sister is going really well with her diet and I don't want to tempt her.

Also my husband and I are going away for a 4 day mini break next week, so we'll probably indulge in a few wines etc then, so I should save any cheats until then.

My pdg supervisor is still stressing me out, she is so negative about tiny social slights - but the good thing is esterday I went to work and told my colleagues, and they were all outraged on my behalf and reassured me that she is a bit insane and overreacting to nothing, which made me feel a lot better! Venting stress can be quite good...

How are you going thyroid and weight wise? Any luck?

PrimalCon New York
    OK so I ate cake.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast