Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 16

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am very busy with PhD work at the moment, but I just had to reply after you mentioned your new bloodwork. My TSH was very low as well when I was having a lot of trouble with resistance - but remember, TSH is useless! So many of the doctors who actually treat thryoid disease properly now do not pay any attention to it! Did you get your reverse t3 measured? A low t3 and low tsh does point to conversion issues, but you can't know for sure without a level of rt3. I had to stop ALL t4 altogether if you recall - the natural t3/t4 combination did not work for me either. I am on t3 only. And increasing your dose of armour will just make everything worse, if it is conversion problems. I was on HUGE doses of natural thyroid and getting nowhere.

As for the bike ride - I dunno. The problem was the plummeting temps. A normal person, starting a new exercise or even just exercising generally, should have an icnrease in body temp post exercise. A slump indicates my adrenals still aren't all there....perhaps I could take two cortisols when I go for a ride, to deal with the extra stress?

Hm well I rode again today (braved the inclement weather), and took two cortisols, and my temps were still up an hour past my usually 2nd dose of t3 time (which I took one hour later) - so we'll see!

Hope you are getting some answers re dosage!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Good news about the temps and that you did go on another bike ride! I was hoping you wouldn't shy away from that as a result of the lower temps last time!

I'm taking Cytomel now on my own. Seeing her on the 25th, but experimenting on my own in the meantime. Last time I saw her, the plan was already to start it if my numbers didn't start to look better. I'm taking 5 mg twice a day, which is what she'd prescribed for my mom. (She's now on Synthroid only) I'm hoping that this straight T3 will do the trick. We'll see....

Hope you're having a good day today! Off to get ready for work. Blaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Indeed. Today I walked, and took 1 cortisol, temps were still a bit low around lunch, but the rest have been fine. This is tough work, getting the doses right! 10mg is quite low! But you're taking it with t4 still? I haven't been getting any smaller though, which is a bit off a buzz kill...

Anyway, I've just been working away on my literature review and presentation. Kinda over it for today. But the alternative is cleaning the house...has to be doen though!

Went for another ride this morning. So, more than the 'once a week' I had initially bargained with myself to do. But what can I say - i am so SICK of just walking every morning, it's so dull! And bike riding is so fun, especially the downhill parts!

I don't know what's gotten into me, another ride this morning! What can I say, I love it!

Not much else to report, temps are good - I've just been double dosing on mornings I ride, + taking my second morning dose an hour later, which for some reason seems to be working better for my temps...

I think it's great that you're still riding. Doing something that you enjoy is much more beneficial overall than something you do because you "have to" or "need to"! It falls under the category of play and just happens to burn calories while having lots of physical and mental perks.

The ultimate goal is to be able to be able to, right? I'd say this is pretty good progress. Keep it up unless and until your body says, "Whoa!" Even then, try to convince it otherwise.

Today I only took the T3 once, along with the regular dosing of Armour. Great energy. I'm not sure how she'd recommend I take the two together, so I'm going slowly since I'm more worried about having too much on board than having too little - Lord know I've lived that way for long enough, so I guess that would just be status quo. Eager to see her on the 25th. I need to check out a couple of the support sites, I know they're full of experts who've lived to tell about the rollercoaster of finding their own balance.

Are you still crazy busy with the PhD? I'm sure your rides are great for stress relief as far as THAT goes!

- Robert Louis Stevenson

In a word, yes, still crazy busy! Slight reprieve at the moment, as I have sent some drafts off to my supervisor for review, so I just need to get cracking on some analyses to present next week.

I just went and saw a physio this morning because my neck gets so sore sitting at a computer all day, in spite of a good ergonomic set up. He gave me some good stretches etc though, and tips on improving my posture, so hopefully it helps.

I have been alternating running and riding, although this morning I actually slept in and did nothing. I have been having trouble sleeping, and this morning I just hit the wall. My luck it'll rain all weekend and I won't be able to get on my bike! And yeah, hoepfully you're right about bike riding being 'play' if I enjoy it, even if it is higher intensity than a stroll.

How is the t3 coming along?

There you are! I've been peeking in here and there to see if you've been around. Glad to know that you're just busy and all is well. Hope your neck is feeling better soon. That kind of constant pain and soreness can be such an energy drain, good thing you addressed it early on.

Sounds like sleeping in was a great choice today. It might not be a bad thing at all if you take a couple more days off, especially now that you're running in addition to the bike rides. I'm sure your stress level has been taxing your system lately as well.

Not sure about the T3 stuff yet. I don't really know how I should be doing it, because some say to drop the Armour altogether and some take both. I know my last rT3 was only in the 60's but I'm sure it's higher now since what I've been taking obviously isn't boosting my any of my other levels! From what I've been reading, it looks like I may have the same thing going on as you did - the cellular resistance. Is that when you started the cortisol? I see the endo on Monday, so I'll have some answers soon. I just want to be armed with as much info as I can.

Hang in there with the busy-ness! You sound really good, though. Be good to yourself and take it easy when your body is telling you it needs it. Easier said than done, I know!

Glad to see you checking in. Are you getting eager for March 1st, or are you now feeling like you're not even looking forward to (or concerned about in general) hopping back on the scale?

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woops, what was I talking about, I am alternating WALKING and riding! Gah, running, it'll be a LONG time before I go there again! I actually just did a midday bike ride, as there was a break in the weather and apparently some really bad storms are due, so best to get something outdoors in, and then if I need to walk on my treadmill for 2 or 3 days it won't be as bad.

Hm, well, no. Oh yes. Ah I am not sure. I was on slow release t3, because I had high reverse t3, and then that wasn't working, so we inferred from that cellualr resistence, but at the same time the doc tested my cortisol levels, which were low in the am, high in the pm, but only slightly. I started on regular t3 only for a few weeks, which did nothing so then I added cortisol. So yes, I think. But yeah, blood test wise it's all in the free t3 and rt3 levels I think. And how you feel. I knew I was resistant because I still felt tired and I still wasn't able to lose weight!

Hm, well I am eager, I think I may have lost a tiny amount, but I am actually not going to weight until March 2. My big phd presentation confirmation and oral defence is the 1st, and if it's bad news weight wise I really don't want to find out the morning of such an important day!

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast