Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal for Life - my journal page 15

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmmm! That's pretty interesting that cutting the am cortisol back led to a temp increase. Do you feel anything when you take the cortisol, like a surge of energy or anything?

Those poached eggs sound great! I could live on eggs, but after repeatedly trying (and hoping for a different result) to eat them regularly, I admitted to myself that I have an issue with them. I'm going to try them in some coconut mug bread or something like that to see if I do any better with them that way. I absolutely LOVE fried eggs with runny yolks and could eat them every day for the rest of my life. Those poaching cups sound great for a quick, easy breakfast.

As far as those magazines go, I totally agree with you and I quit buying them long ago, despite great workout idea in some, because I was already worried about my daughter boarding the rollercoaster so many of us are on and have been for years. Like you said, too - I'd rather have the strong, athletic, CAPABLE body than the super thin one. Those girls could be snapped like twigs!

How has your energy level been lately? I keep meaning to ask if you've still been having potatoes/starches regularly. Are you still going with the same exercise regimen? I am just full of questions!

Also....I forget if we discussed this or not whether in PMs or in your journal, but do you take iodine or eat seaweed? I know that some are against Hashi's pts taking it, but apparently there are many who do with no negative issues. I have experimented with it (since receiving the lab results that I had no antibodies) and I cannot believe how much better I feel when I am using it regularly, and I use a very small amount - about 225 mcg. It just amazes me what it does for my energy level, cool toes, etc.

I finally responded to your last email a couple of days ago - hope you got it. Hope to see more pics of Joey soon!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Nah I don't feel much when I take it, it's a very low dose, mainly to just help me adrenals while they recover. But I do notice a big difference in my temps. Luckily keeping a diary of my temps and heartrate helped to to see that pretty soon after upping the cortisol my temps went down...I wouldn't have thought to decrease, or even increased, if I hadn't seen the trend in my daily entries.

Speaking of body image, I just watched an old doco by Cherry Healey on Youtube about body confidence, which was really inspiring. I love her documentaries, and so much about what she says, about her feelings towards herself when she was younger and now, really resonate with me.

I tried iodine in the past, pre getting onto a good doc, but it did nothing for me...but yeah, I heard that's not so much for hashi's hypo.

Um...energy wise good, in that, I don't really notice my energy now? Whereas before it was always feeling *SO TIRED*. Now it doesn't occur to me to think about it? No more naps either. And MUCH better mood - not sure if that's the not weighing thing though Some old clothes are finally starting to fit better, although I'm not there yet. Still just walking and weights twice a week, but I want to get back on the bike soon, just once per week.

Hey there. How are things? I know exactly what you're saying about the energy issue. I think that maybe we are getting used to the lack of tiredness now that we have the energy to get through each day with so much more ease. The only time I'm wiped out now is when I'm significantly sleep deprived, which is purely work schedule induced. It seems like I'm even able to tolerate that a little better, I've noticed. I still try to avoid it at all costs, but often life just doesn't feel the need to cooperate with me on that!

I was surprised to notice that my nails aren't as strong as they became soon after starting the Armour. I think it may be because I've backed off on the B vitamins a bit after finding out that my levels were high - as a result, I realized that I was probably getting too much between supplementation and diet. No more supplementing with the big yellow B125 for a while. I'm sure I'll continue to at least take the Biotin for my hair and nails - and the B5 for the adrenals, of course. That's believed to be one of the most important supps for them, from what I've read.

How is Joey? I think it might be time for a new pic.....

I've been wondering how the month long scale-ditching is going for you. Have you had any urges to hop back on? I know you'd planned to, but I can't remember if you said you already stuck it up in the cupboard - great strategy, by the way. I think we're smart not to trust ourselves, but I think ridding ourselves of those strongly ingrained habits (that were probably self sabotaging as well) will mean that we'll be able to in the future. That's such good news about how great your mood has been lately! Hoping that's still the case for ya.

Hope to hear lots of good news when you check back in!
    Last edited by GoJenGo; 02-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

The month long scale ditching is going VERY well! Feeling great about myself, even went out today and spent too much money on new, quality cosmetics, cotinueing in the vein of being nicer and kinder to myself. I always feel better when I make an effort. And I have always wanted to try the 50's style eye makeup, but ever had the confidence to do it...

And yeah, I had to put them in the cupboard, it only takes a second to slip up!

Also, I need to confess - last year, around Nov, I saw a hypnotherapist for 4 sessions, to try and help with binging and postive self talk. Even though I was finally getting on the right meds, I was so fed up and down and out about dieting, that I just didn't belive anything would work and kept binging. It wasn't like, a miracle cure, but it did help give me strength to not binge over xmas, and help me have more 'i can do this' thoughts. Anyway, just prior to giving away the scales I had two near misses binge wise, so I booked in for a top up session, which I had yesterday. It really helped again, feeling even more positive! And she said not to focus on my weight (I said a plateau was driving the binge urges), rather focus on behaviours. So what I am doing at the moment is spot on.

It's funny the energy thing, but I guess you don't realise it's gone till it's gone! Interesting about the b vitamins - although if it gives energy I might have to start mainlining them!!

I am not sleeping well at the moment - takes me ages to fall asleep. I don't want to jinx myself, but I notice sleeplessness often accompanies a weight loss. Perhaps it is my body's way of getting rid of the extra energy - keeping me awake and fidgeting? Food for thought....I'll probably sleep like a log now...

joey 3.jpg

As requested

OK, back in say, mid December, I decided to stop all exercise other than walking and weights, in a bid to let my adrenals recover. I said until after January. So I got on my bike this morning for the first time in about 2 months! Loved it. It was tough, but not as tough as before - I had to pump the tyres up a lot though, maybe that was the real problem before? Anyway, ended up doing a 50min ride. To be honest I was bored to death of walking every morning and needed a change!

That sweet little Joey face is just killing me! He is so precious. I wouldn't be able to put him down EVER. Do you have urges to steal him?

Good for you for getting back on your bike! If it's something you really enjoy, I think the benefits of going on rides outweigh the negatives, especially now that you're back in business in the energy department. Both you AND the bike finally have some air in your tires!

How have you been eating lately? I remember that you had added potatoes or some other form of starch for a while, but I'm wondering if that's something you've continued or if your diet has changed any since you've been having some success with the T3 and cortisol.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

He's such a cutie - I've been too busy too see him much now, not since Saturday. Very much have the urge to stuff him down my shirt and take off!

Well I am a bit frustrated - yesterday my temps got quite low again around 11am - I am not sure if it was caused by the bike ride? But then today, since it was raining this morning, I haven't done any exercise, and again, very low around 11. Not sure what to make of it or do about it...I took an extra cortisol at 11 when I saw the low temps, it may be stress. I am trying not to, but my phd supervisor stresses me. Everything is last minute, even though I am organised early by the time I get feedback everything is a bloody rush.

Grr, the temps are still too low in the middle of the day. I need to change something but I don't know what...I'll give it a few more days and thnk about changing my doses - more in the am, less in the pm maybe.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Grr, the temps are still too low in the middle of the day. I need to change something but I don't know what...I'll give it a few more days and thnk about changing my doses - more in the am, less in the pm maybe.
    I agree about giving it a few more days. I also agree that the culprit may very well be stress. That stuff is the devil! I know that women's temps can vary depending on where they are in their cycle. Have you found this to be the case or are you able to look back now and see if there is a pattern? (if you haven't already been tracking this, that is) I honestly would'nt look at the bike ride as the culprit - and I'm thinking that there may be a response to that increased exercise that is just inevitable and expected, that would be experienced by each and every body, regardless of thyroid and/or adrenal status. I have nothing to base this one, but it only makes sense that all bodies will see some effect and that's not necessarily a "bad" thing - just as there will be inflammation with any and all exercise, you know? It's expected and an essential part of the process leading to muscle growth, etc. Not sure I'm making any sense, but in my head I sure am!

You know how I told you my nails haven't been as strong and I was noticing little things that had seemed to backslide? I started losing more hair again, energy seemed to be lessening, etc....then my feet, toes and hands started feeling really cold all over again. I was just attributing it to having worked several nights with very little sleep in between. I was wrong. Got my recent bloodwork back, and my FT3 has gone DOWN and is now lower than the original level before starting Armour. My FT4 and TSH have dropped as well! I am thoroughly confused. I'm obviously not converting, but the TSH dropping stumps me. We had talked about starting Cytomel the last time I saw my NP since I wasn't feeling a dramatic difference. The really crazy part is that I had increased from 60mg to 90 mg a day of the Armour - she doesn't even know that part yet. I already have the Cytomel and am going to start taking it once a day and seeing how that makes me feel. I will probably talk to her on the phone about it first. I'm now wondering if I'm going to be stuck on Synthroid now, too.

I'm walking uphill backwards!! BIG bummer. Fortunately, I know we'll figure out what works, because she's great and her goal is to get me feeling great and functioning optimally, not about aiming toward any certain number with the labwork.

We'll get over these humps. You'll probably beat me, though, since my energy is practically in the toilet now! Ha!
    I hope your temps start improving, but even moreso that you continue to feel good like you have been. Take good care!

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast