Thread: Anybody here eat a Kitavan style diet? page

Kilian is offline Senior Member

Anybody here eat a Kitavan style diet?

Primal Fuel
    I got my blood tested a few weeks ago and had insanely high cholesterol numbers. I haven't gotten a VAP test yet because my doctor didn't even know what it was, and frankly, I don't really know how to go about scheduling one.

I've drastically increased the amount of starch in my diet, and lowered fat accordingly. But now I'm considering lowering my red meat intake substantially and trying a more Kitavan style diet out for a while.

Does anybody here do this, and if so, how is it working for you?

Ika
    Ika is offline Member
    I eat a sort of Ray Peat/Perfect Health Diet. I think that the PHD is pretty close to a Kitavan diet. So far, so good! Much more energy. I have gained quite a bit of weight, but I kind of needed to. My husband is slowly losing weight, which is what he needs to do. :-)
    My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I sort of do, besides the fish. It isn't really intentional, it just worked out that way since I increased starch because I was starting to get some unwanted symptoms from continuous VLC. I always have sweet potatoes handy, the game meat and offal I eat is very lean and I usually just have that with sweet potato, non starchy vegetables and an egg. Breakfast is usually yogurt and fruit or left over meat, tomato and sweet potato stew. Some days I eat high fat low carb, it really just depends what food I have left in my kitchen.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ika View Post
    I eat a sort of Ray Peat/Perfect Health Diet. I think that the PHD is pretty close to a Kitavan diet. So far, so good! Much more energy. I have gained quite a bit of weight, but I kind of needed to. My husband is slowly losing weight, which is what he needs to do. :-)
    Nice, i've never actually looked into the PHD. This is pretty much what I've been heading towards. Lessening the meat intake and upping starch is alos a hell of a lot easier on my wallet....

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ika View Post
    Completely unrelated but Ika, I love your jewelry. I'm gauging my ears right now and when I get to my stopping point I'm definitely going to have to get one of your wood pieces!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Ika
    Ika is offline Member
    Thank you so much, ASmallOne!! I'd love to hear from you when you're at your goal size. :-) And glad my suggestion was of help, Killian. Definitely look into the PHD; Paul Jaminet has lots of great info on his blog.
    My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*