Thread: A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime page

Groktimus Prime is offline Junior Member

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

Shop Now
    The week ahead will be a challenge because of 25 hours of required overtime between this Tuesday and the following Monday. Most likely, I will not have much of a chance to cook during the week. And my wife will be busy with law school and work as well.

So for both of us, I spent today preparing the following, portioned out into microwavable plastics:

3 Containers X Texas Chili (no beans, no tomatoes, 93% lean ground beef, some cream cheese, and lots of spices/seasonings) (split with the wife and I)
    6 Containers X Egg White Chicken, Bacon Crumbles, Tomatoes, White Cheddar Cheese Omlettes with Sour Cream (for my wife)
    3 Containers X 2 Jumbo Egg White Bacon, Mild Cheddar Cheese, Breakfast Sausage Muffins (for me)
    3 X Zucchini Squash spaghetti with Mezzetta's Arrabbiatta sauce and 93% lean ground beef (my wife loves this)

For snacks, I have Kroger's Carb Master Yogurt (Banana Cream Pie flavor) and Raw Brazilian Nuts, and pork cracklins.

Just in case, I can eat at Jimmy John's near work (ordering any of their unwiches, holding the mayo, plus I have a gift card there, and they deliver), the Mexican restaurant across the street (I usually order just the chicken or shrimp taco salad minus the bowl and beans), and whatever meats and veggies are offered in the cafeteria. If I don't feel like eating anything I've made during the week and I can get close to home, I can order a Jack's or Donato's crustless pizza, light on the sauce.

And since I probably won't work out after tomorrow night until the following Tuesday, I should be good in terms of food choices and be able to avoid having a cheat meal. For me at least, it's easier for me to stay on plan while at work.

Perhaps not this Friday but the Friday after, I might treat myself to the new Jack-in-the-Box that just opened down the street from work. I had fond memories of Jack-in-the-Box as a little kid growing up in Southern California, mostly of their huge burgers. I guess I could still stay on-plan if I skip the buns and maybe ask for some extra slices of lettuce to substitute (like they do at Hardee's).
    In Sanity,
    Charlie

Weight: 350/200 (within 16 months)/205
    Body Fat: 50%/12%/10%

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Charlie. Just stopping in to say congrats on all your success! Read your success story last Friday. Your transformation was pretty mind-blowing -- fantastic work!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)