Thread: hi everyone page

goodwaa is offline Junior Member

hi everyone

hello just saying hi to everyone am new to paleo diet but not new to dieting im afraid!! i seem to have spent most my adulthood on a diet and this is why the paleo diet appeals to me!!!
    am 29 female from Birmingham england 5 ft 8 and about 144 pounds looking to get down to 134 pounds for my holiday in 5 weeks.. a tough call i know but its also a new way of life. exercise wise i do weights 3 x a week and go climbing once a week too and then when it eventually stops raining in the uk ill be walking to work also (30 mins each way or cycling)

anyway.....been on this plan for a few days now and am having a bit of trouble with what to have for lunch at work. i work in a hospital so buying breakfast - bacon eggs tomatos is ideal for me and means i get to lie in a bit as a nice bonus however lunch is a bit paleo hit and miss also i dont wanna spend too much money at work so i was wondering what do you guys take to work for lunch?? nuts are a problem for me btw because once theyre open i literally cant stop eating them so i try not to have them in the house. honestly they are my achiles heel!!

nice to meet everyone anyway

amy

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome

Everyone seem to have a mental block on lunches, but once you get into the swing of it then it all seems staightforward. When we take lunch out it tends to be home-made colslaw(make your own mayo out of good oil if you can, but we don't have the time or the blender to make that happen) for me and the Mrs, the kids get carrot and pepper sticks, as for some reason even though they like all the ingredients in colslaw seperatly, they won't eat them together , then I chuck in some cold meat, I like pate as it gives me organ meat that no-one else will eat, tuna, makerel, chicken, left over roast pork, home-made meatballs, meatloaf, whatever really, then often a hard-boiled egg, don't forget the fork and you're done.
    Salad leaves with other veg, like carrots, peppers, tomato etc also work well with a nice olive oil based dressing and some protien chucked in, bit of feta cheese and some decent ham for example. Also think of your fav sandwich, stick it all in a box with extra raw veg instead of the bread then eat with a fork (don't try this is your fav sandwich is jam or peanut butter and Chocolate spread coz that's not primal).

Then there is alway meat and veg soup in a flask or microwavable container if you have access to a microwave,

Plus for an added bonus, in a few months time you will be able to have breakfast and skip lunch without even noticing yay for IF
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 04-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Amy! I sure hear you about the nuts. As for lunch, Rob covered that pretty well.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

goodwaa is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the replies!!! i guess im trying to have breakfast later and later each day...on friday id got it down to 11 o clock and by the end of this week i hope to get it to 12.30 then i could buy lunch at work and have the meat special and salad or veg. (it was just too expensive to buy breakfast AND lunch but one or the other is ok!!)

i did notice this morning at 7am i wasnt hungry at all and even now i dont feel too hungry. i love IF!!!! saves so much time before work!!

michelaudorn12 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome amy..hope you enjoy with us.

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    I always cook lunch with supper the night before, so I make extra whatever and just pack it cold. I love eating cold leftovers for some reason. Toss in some veggies raw, some fruit etc and you have food for the day. I also find that a large Bulletproof coffee as breakfast at 6 am keeps me solid till lunch much better than a grab it and go snack at a restaurant.

I save money not eating out and packing lunch so that I can afford the good foods.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I always cook lunch with supper the night before, so I make extra whatever and just pack it cold. I love eating cold leftovers for some reason. Toss in some veggies raw, some fruit etc and you have food for the day. I also find that a large Bulletproof coffee as breakfast at 6 am keeps me solid till lunch much better than a grab it and go snack at a restaurant.

I save money not eating out and packing lunch so that I can afford the good foods.
    I love eating cold left-overs, too!